Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland
QUOTE:
"One of the girls has a missing tooth," Karolyi told the Tribune, suggesting she had lost a baby tooth and did not yet have an adult replacement. "I have no proof, so I can't make an affirmation."

A photo of gymnast Deng Linlin, who is on record as being 16 years old, shows a wide gap in her teeth. To be eligible for the Games, the gymnasts must turn 16 this year, the Tribune reported.....

Another gymnast, Yang Yilin, whose passport says she will turn 16 at the end of the month, said, "It's unreasonable for people to think I'm too young." She will compete in the all-around final on Friday.

According to some official records, gymnast He Kexin was listed as 14 this year, but now is listed as 16. At a news conference, a reporter asked her how she had celebrated her 15th birthday.

She paused for a long time before replying it had been "an ordinary day" with her teammates, the Tribune reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,403584,00.html

I have to say I am not shocked.  I just wonder if their citizens are?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Prove it.
iamangry
+59|6615|The United States of America
On another note, does anyone remember the chinese promising no rain during the olympics? 

Was that stuff falling during the first US men's beach volleyball game, or during the woman's cycling earlier this week something else? 

All I have to say is lol to anyone who thinks the chinese regime is anything but dishonest, deceitful, and aggressive towards the West.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

iamangry wrote:

On another note, does anyone remember the chinese promising no rain during the olympics? 

Was that stuff falling during the first US men's beach volleyball game, or during the woman's cycling earlier this week something else? 

All I have to say is lol to anyone who thinks the chinese regime is anything but dishonest, deceitful, and aggressive towards the West.
Yeah, they promised no rain and it rained!  What liars!
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Prove it.
Like all things that are logical we must look at recent history and the facts to establish a reasonable deduction.

feel free to google your ass off, I don't really care what you choose to believe.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Lotta_Drool wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Prove it.
Like all things that are logical we must look at recent history and the facts to establish a reasonable deduction.

feel free to google your ass off, I don't really care what you choose to believe.
I personally don't care too much, but all it is right now is an allegation.  Innocent until proven guilty.  They haven't been caught doing anything wrong yet.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland
They have insulted the world's intelligence with their blatantly pathetic attempt at cheating.

For this I am willing to rush to judgement.
Ghandi767
+17|6592|Hanging in the Balance
No surprise. A few of em looked younger than the grass I just cut.
iamangry
+59|6615|The United States of America

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

iamangry wrote:

lol
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland
Yeah, I saw a pedophile walk past one of the girls to bang a 12 year old.  These medals won't stand the test of time.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408
I never understood this.  People are bitching about China putting YOUNGER kids in?  lmfao, I say let em.  If you lose to kids, you deserve it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

iamangry wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

iamangry wrote:

lol
It's because they're godless commies who believe that science will stop it from raining, they should have prayed to jesus
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

I wouldn't put it past China to try to cheat this way. However, Chinese girls do tend to mature later than American girls. Especially over in China. It's not uncommon for them to hit puberty at 15, so it is possible for them to actually be the ages they claim. Let's face it, gymnasts don't exactly have the most "womanly" bodies either. My wife's sisters (twins) were almost 18 when I met them, but looked like they were 12.

We'll see what happens.
Smithereener
+138|6286|California

oChaos.Haze wrote:

I never understood this.  People are bitching about China putting YOUNGER kids in?  lmfao, I say let em.  If you lose to kids, you deserve it.
In gymnastics? I was under the impression that younger people are more suited for gymnastics due to flexibility and other things (maybe that's why gymnasts look so much younger than they sometimes are), so assuming that's true, I can see why people would be bitching.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

Smithereener wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

In gymnastics? I was under the impression that younger people are more suited for gymnastics due to flexibility and other things (maybe that's why gymnasts look so much younger than they sometimes are), so assuming that's true, I can see why people would be bitching.
Yup. Their bones aren't as dense either, so they weigh less with essentially the same strength.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Prove it.

I personally don't care too much, but all it is right now is an allegation.  Innocent until proven guilty.  They haven't been caught doing anything wrong yet.
Something is fishy. Their national ID cards (given at birth) say that some are underage. Their newly issued passports just before the Olympics say otherwise.

But seriously, don't bitch about it after they win gold. That is lame.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
We sent a 14 year old kid.

He was awesome.

Not.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

To be perfectly honest....

I think it's fucking awesome that the Chineese government has given them new passports/birth certificates/etc just so they can compete in the olympic games. It reminds me of when Kim Yong-il got 5 hole in ones in a single golf round

(awesome in a twisted Dictatorship kind of way)
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408

Smithereener wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

They may be better suited physically in some areas, but they lack experience in pressure settings, aren't as strong, and are unreliable mentally.  If it were an age thing, then why are the men so different.  I don't see any team trying to fill it's men team with 14 yr olds.   The only true advantage I see to having a younger person, is that they are naive and MIGHT not react to extreme pressure the same way an older person will.  That's not their fault...

The Chinese girls were just better, who gives a shit how old or young, they were better.  Age limits in the Olympics is silly, it's supposed to be about who's the best athlete, not who's the best athlete within a certain demographic.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-14 14:22:44)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

A China Daily article dated May 23, 2008 titled "Uneven-bars queen the new star in town" about He Kexin. This is the cached version (thanks Google) of the article as seen on August 4, 2008.
https://i34.tinypic.com/10ciy6h.jpg

EXHIBIT B: The same China Daily article dated May 23, 2008 titled "Uneven-bars queen the new star in town" about He Kexin. This is the version currently available online. As you can see, when compared to EXHIBIT A, everything is identical. Except for one little thing. The state-run newspaper has changed He's age.

https://i33.tinypic.com/do6pp1.jpg

EXHIBIT C: A Chinese article written by state-run news agency Xinhua in 2007, and discovered by the great China Digital Times that refers to He Kexin as 13 years old. And though I wasn't a math major, if she was 13 in 2007, then she's 14 this year. Here is an image of the article with a translation from CDT beneath it.

https://i33.tinypic.com/2hnb720.jpg
Translation: The thirteen-year-old He Kexin, from Wuhan, met opponent Yang Yilin, who is on the National Team. Amid cheers from her hometown audience, the young girl excellently executed the full set of moves in the finals, and just beat out Yang Yilin, who already had high scores. Lu Shanzhen, the General Coach of the National Gymastic team, also applauded her performance.

EXHIBIT D: An official gymnastics roster dated January 27, 2006 published by the Chengdu government for its City Games, a competition in which He competed. As you'll see from the translated version I have provided, He Kexin's date of birth, according to these government documents, is January 1, 1994.
https://i35.tinypic.com/oiubl3.jpg

EXHIBIT E: A Xinhua (Chinese state media) article from November 3, 2007 stating clearly that "The Wuhan Team's 13-year-old He Kexin faced off against the National Teams' Yang Yilin in women's parallel bars." Once again, 13 in 2007, 14 in 2008.

https://i33.tinypic.com/cp6cg.jpg

https://i37.tinypic.com/5luybp.jpg

Game, set, match. Thx Hufpo
Xbone Stormsurgezz
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408
Once again, the Chinese team was better.  Calling a team out for age (especially under), is merely a form of sour grapes.

Don't get me wrong, if the Chinese team was rigging things like making heights of bars inches higher, and then telling no one and practicing on them, (Much like MLB baseball), I'd think it was lame. 

I just can't see how having a younger person is in anyway unfair.  It may be against the "rules", but if the kid performs better than a seasoned athlete, so be it.  They are the true champion.  None of this would even be talked about if Alicia Sacramone didn't phail so hard...

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-14 14:33:41)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Once again, the Chinese team was better.  Calling a team out for age (especially under), is merely a form of sour grapes.
I agree after the fact. But rules should apply all around. I'm sure the rest of the world has some 14 year olds that were dieing to compete.

That's like me beating the living shit out of an eight year old and saying I was just better ..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408

Kmarion wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

I agree after the fact. But rules should apply all around. I'm sure the rest of the world has some 14 year olds that were dieing to compete.

That's like me beating the living shit out of an eight year old and saying I was just better ..
No, it would be the exact opposite.  It'd be like an 8 yr old beating the shit out of you, and then you saying because the age limit is 9, that he cheated.  At least IMO

And I'm absolutely sure that if the rest of the world had 14yr olds that could hang, they would have been in the Olympics.  Faking passports and birth certificates is pretty easy when the government is who's doing it.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-14 14:37:02)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

No, it would be the exact opposite.  It'd be like an 8 yr old beating the shit out of you, and then you saying because the age limit is 9, that he cheated.  At least IMO
The benefits of an age advantage was my point. In Gymnastics yes, it is the opposite.

And I'm absolutely sure that if the rest of the world had 14yr olds that could hang, they would have been in the Olympics.
What makes you so sure, absolutely?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408

Kmarion wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The benefits of an age advantage was my point. In Gymnastics yes, it is the opposite.

And I'm absolutely sure that if the rest of the world had 14yr olds that could hang, they would have been in the Olympics.
What makes you so sure, absolutely?
Ok maybe absolutely is an overshot, but for example every country slides ppl in and out of citizenship specifically for the olympics.  When so much civic pride is on the line, I never think cheating is out of the question...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard