Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6810|Sicily, Italy
a lot of people are bitching about this and that but can anyone tell me if they did anything to the BH mini's?
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6791
From what I could see while using it, I don't see a HUGE change, this includes killing someone with it and being shot at. Just need to aim a little better and the splash damage is lower.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
LOL cant please everyone, alot of people bitchin before, and now...
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6810|Sicily, Italy

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

From what I could see while using it, I don't see a HUGE change, this includes killing someone with it and being shot at. Just need to aim a little better and the splash damage is lower.
thanks
NateDawg=US=
+0|6750|Seattle
I didn't see a difference. Although I was too busy blowing up commander artillery and parachuting out of burning Blackhawks because the heatseakers are more accurate.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6816
used to take skill to be good with the AA turrents now it doesnt is what ur saying?
Donnyboy
+1|6757
I have to say, it still takes some hits to bring it down, but I notice a lot less people using it for caping, and a lot more for mobile insertion. At least in the hour and a half I played after patching.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I see no change in the AA guns. I also see no change in the BH guns, but maybe I just always aimed anyway.
[CoN]Eraser
+0|6766

NateDawg=US= wrote:

I didn't see a difference. Although I was too busy blowing up commander artillery and parachuting out of burning Blackhawks because the heatseakers are more accurate.
Better heatseakers would be great. I had a lot of teamkills because those things just fly anywhere. I don't know why you should lock because when it misses his target it just kills any random object in the area (mostly your own team).
I've seen rockets turning about 90 degrees and then hit team-heli's while I couldn't even see those heli's!

Last edited by [CoN]Eraser (2005-10-04 23:59:31)

Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6810|Sicily, Italy
it was mentioned the splash damage was reduced to the mini's.  does anyone know if anything was done to the MEC helo because that chopper was a total overkill, more so then the BH.

before you ask why i'm asking all these questions and before telling me to go and play it let me say that i was like many others waiting for the patch and as some have problems with it i had a problem with my isp..damn thing went down all tuesday so i ended up playing WindWaker instead. 

on another note a lot of people are complaining about the patch and that some issued are still not addressed, for example the friendly red name tags, the server browser not finding a server and then the user must shotdown bf2.exe and restart for the server listing to appear (not new to me, i've been having this since the game came out and thru all the updates) ext, ext

now i'm at work counting down the hrs left so i can 1)see if the isp is up 2)download the 1.3 update 3)install the update 4)fingers crossed play some bf2
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
What? The mec chopper sucked ass compared to the bh.
As for people having problems with the browser never had a problem and still dont? it seems strange that this problem is limited to just a select variety of users.

And im already sick of playing wake island over and over not that this has much to do withthe topic sorry
McCullough
+7|6809
No more BH whoring that you have to get out of the chopper to cap flag is great played mashtuur i while ago and now we actually had a real battle on that map and very few waited for the BH to spawn. I think this patch is great! And like Stoned_Smurf said. I'm sick of Wake to it's 3 round in a row and then some other maps adn after while Wake again but not ONLY wake. I guess things will be back to norman when everybody have played wake 50 times or so.
SokViChet
+1|6759
It seems not everyone is so well informed as us...  I was like a beacon of knowledge and understanding to these people last night thanks to all of you.  No one knew what was going on, and I directed many to this site for details. 

I was on Mashtuur for the first time since I installed 1.03, and the pilot of our BH just could not understand why we would all jump out when hovered got over a flag!!  LoL, he was getting a little upset about it until I informed him that it doesn't work that way anymore.  He still could not fathom that he would have to load us up again after capping....  Most just wanted to hoof it anyways after seeing his inability to hover in one spot (he'd probably hit us with his darn tail rotors while we tried to re-enter...)

** I know you, but you do not know me ;P ---> First time poster, long time lurker

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-10-05 06:58:26)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

SokViChet wrote:

** I know you, but you do not know me ;P ---> First time poster, long time lurker
STALKER!!!

I tried out the BH on 'da valley... and it is still just as deadly as before.  I couldn't believe that they didnt change it or atleast make the china/mec choppers' guns stronger.  There is a huge inequality in power between the transport helicopters.  BLagh!
SokViChet
+1|6759

beeng wrote:

STALKER!!!
Shhhh... And stop biting your fingernails.  It is bad for you.  LoL

Yeah, the BH guns are still scary.  They were supposed to make the other transport choppers more powerful, but I have not tested them yet.  I am too busy avoiding the better AA emplacements in my attach helos. 

I would almost rather it take longer to cap the flag.  That is more opfor to kill, and those points come faster than cap points....  I will stay on the chaingun rather than jump out.  Nonetheless, Songhua Stalemate and Mashtuur are MUCH more engaging battles now that it is not just a fight over who controls the BH.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

yes indeed.
oh, something else to note: people are actually defending assets now.  I was playing c4-genie on mashtuur city.  I was running up the hill to blow up the american arty, thinking "this is going to be the easiest 2 points i've ever made".  Little did I know there was a damned humvee there guarding the freakin assets.  Who guards assets? I MEAN CMON!!  ... seriously though, it's interesting to see people start to defend assets.   It's also a very viable tactic, because you know the c4-genies are coming.

Last edited by beeng (2005-10-05 08:01:48)

BrightAsh
+1|6787

07>sin wrote:

used to take skill to be good with the AA turrents now it doesnt is what ur saying?
haha... skill to use AA... why the hell should skill be a requirement for that, the thing is an automated system. If what you say is true, then it is a great improvement
Feydd
+0|6759
I was just playing Wake Island. My squad and me where loading up the BH, I'd do a couple of laps around a flag so the gunners could kill any threat near the flag. Then everyone would jump out cap the flag i'd set down and everyone would load up and head to the next one. This is how the BH is used in real life for tactical insertions and i'm glad it's being used the way it should now.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6809|government yard in trenchtown.
All of my AA missiles fired this far (those which weren't interrupted by the targets flares) have hit the target!

I certainly see a difference.

Hint: Try keeping the target in the edge of the big circle around the IGLA/stinger crosshair.
Cavendel
+0|6801

Feydd wrote:

I was just playing Wake Island. My squad and me where loading up the BH, I'd do a couple of laps around a flag so the gunners could kill any threat near the flag. Then everyone would jump out cap the flag i'd set down and everyone would load up and head to the next one. This is how the BH is used in real life for tactical insertions and i'm glad it's being used the way it should now.
I agree about this being a better way to go. I don't like that the gunners have to leave too. They can stay of course, but they won't get any points. Might it be done so that the gunners don't count towards the speed of the capture, but they still get the capture points?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

Cavendel wrote:

I agree about this being a better way to go. I don't like that the gunners have to leave too. They can stay of course, but they won't get any points. Might it be done so that the gunners don't count towards the speed of the capture, but they still get the capture points?
Too complex;
Besides, I like to think of the BH as the aircavalry of BF2, being able to quickly deploy to any vital spot on the map to win the game... let the ground pounders take care of the bulk of the enemy force
Faith +1
+1|6785|Arizona

Feydd wrote:

I actually agree with how they do this too.

Only the pilot or driver of a vehicle gets points for "Securing" an area.  Everyone else must get the heck out and.. well secure it the old fashioned way.  Not sitting inside an APC enjoying some tea.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
The BH seems the same so do the other trans choppers, however i dont mind as they cant flag hop which was the real killer
<eN>Madcat
+2|6811
Huge change, Usually when a meet a BH and its mini i get totalled in 2 sec, now i actually got away for around 5 sec until it got me. And when i saw a bh and jumped into an AA, i hit the BH both times (probably because he did not put down flares), and got 2 kills( people inside )
SokViChet
+1|6759
The BH guns are dangerous, yes.  But all transports used to be able to load up and cap quickly (even the flying cow... really).  BUT it was the combo of the powerful guns and the speed-capping that made Mashtuur and Songhua no fun sometimes... just a battle over who controls the flying tank.

I am finding maps I used to dislike are now fun again.

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-10-05 10:13:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard