FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Using a known flawed BMI as a measuring stick just shows that the study wanted to justify a pre-conceived outcome.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5965|England

lol'd
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

sweet.

/eating a big mac right now
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
I can teach you some bullying phrases if you want. Ya know, stuff like "Hey fatty wan another cream cake?"

But there aint none cause you ate them all you fat fuck.

Bullying. Go go go.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

SgtHeihn wrote:

I think those studies are bs. I went to Mens Health and typed my info in.

I am 6'5" 240lbs

they said my ideal weight would be 170lbs.

Maybe if I were Ethiopian.
Sounds about right to me.

My little brother is about the same height as you, 6'6" - he weighs 180lbs, and is extremely fit (spends all his time when not at work (he's a tree surgeon, so gets lots of exercise at work) either cycling or doing martial arts).

I would've used myself as an example, but I'm not fit and in shape, certainly not at the moment.

When I am in shape I'm pretty much spot on my ideal weight. Obviously there are other factors and BMI is far from infallible, but the fact is simply that most people are overweight. You fatty, fat, fatties.....
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6478|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Bertster7 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

I am 6'5" 240lbs

My little brother is about the same height as you, 6'6" - he weighs 180lbs, and is extremely fit (spends all his time when not at work (he's a tree surgeon, so gets lots of exercise at work) either cycling or doing martial arts).

I would've used myself as an example, but I'm not fit and in shape, certainly not at the moment.

When I am in shape I'm pretty much spot on my ideal weight. Obviously there are other factors and BMI is far from infallible, but the fact is simply that most people are overweight. You fatty, fat, fatties.....
In my first few years in the Marines I was only about 190-200lbs and looked anorexic. I had a six pack and had mad lean muscle mass.

These studies and charts don't take into account weight lifting and such. According to these studies a body builder would be obese.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

SgtHeihn wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

I am 6'5" 240lbs

In my first few years in the Marines I was only about 190-200lbs and looked anorexic. I had a six pack and had mad lean muscle mass.

These studies and charts don't take into account weight lifting and such. According to these studies a body builder would be obese.
And being a bodybuilder is in no way healthy, so it being classed as obese is perfectly correct. Lean muscle mass is the way to go, that's how I look when in shape and how my brother looks all the time.

In terms of health a Bruce Lee type physique (sleight with lots of muscle mass) is way better than a bodybuilder style of physique.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Oh noez!
Study sponsored by Weight Watchers, Hydroxy cut, SlimFast, Jenny Craig, etc..

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Oh noez!
And it's obviously utter bollocks (90% is ludicrous). But the fact remains that most people in 1st world countries are overweight.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

Oh noez!
I'm a fucking visionary, I tell you.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6478|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Oh noez!
And it's obviously utter bollocks (90% is ludicrous). But the fact remains that most people in 1st world countries are overweight.
Yeah, according to their charts and studies. They want to drive their business up.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Oh noez!
I agree. I don't mean to sound judgmental but I find myself at times looking around in public and saying (in my head).. daaaamn most people are overweight. I've done some traveling too. I see it everywhere.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
IRONCHEF
+385|6482|Northern California
I'm 5' 3" and 325lbs, but I don't look that fat...i just have big bones.

But seriously, you all need to watch Wall-E.  It showcases exactly what'll happen to the people of this country and it is in line with the study in the OP.  Lazy, instant gratification, gluttonous, envious pigs we are, everyone.  While many current health trends seem to indicate that 90% rate impossible, our inner gluttony may overcome.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

SgtHeihn wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Oh noez!
Yeah, according to their charts and studies. They want to drive their business up.
Not just by them, though theirs are typically the most exaggerated. By doctors mostly and Jamie Oliver.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
Lol 90% is an absurd amount. The people who do these studys must realise it will peak out long before then.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638

usmarine wrote:

sweet.

/eating a big mac right now
double 1/4 with cheese and 2.5g trans fat.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

I just completed a study that predicts 90% of Americans will be Albanians by 2030.  I based this off assumptions too.
NantanCochise
+55|5970|Portugal/United States
If this really happens being obese will be considered beautiful and everyone will want their woman with REAL BIG ASSES! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6832|Missoula, MT
Something about this post reminded me of this...
https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/369/60percentofthetimefullpeq9.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard