Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Morris is an irl faggot too
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine wrote:

so lets see...braddock has introduced hiroshima, nagasaki, and israel to a discussion that has nothing to do with the subject.... lulz
BBC is fucking awesome.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

so lets see...braddock has introduced hiroshima, nagasaki, and israel to a discussion that has nothing to do with the subject.... lulz
BBC is fucking awesome.
you brits need to control the irish a little better.
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

BBC is fucking awesome.
You Americans need to control them Mexicans better.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

BBC is fucking awesome.
well they cut our lawns and stuff
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Your future son could be cutting them lawns. Now he can't.

You're literally taking money outta his pocket.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

Your future son could be cutting them lawns. Now he can't.

You're literally taking money outta his pocket.
What kind of monster are you
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

BBC is fucking awesome.
They need to control the Americans a little better if you ask me.

And I brought up Nagasaki, Hiroshima and Israel because people were whining about the Russians bombing civilian buildings and areas...but I guess it's only bad to do that if you're one of the 'bad guys' yeah?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Braddock wrote:

but I guess it's only bad to do that if you're one of the 'bad guys' yeah?
dont be such an ideological a hole about the situation.  jesus christ
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6335|tropical regions of london
stalin's gonna come back from the dead and beat up some russians
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6478|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Gotta love the Russian "peace keepers"

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08 … pstoryview

I'll raise you one Lenin!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

God Save the Queen wrote:

stalin's gonna come back from the dead and beat up some russians
October Revolution Style tbh
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

What the fuck kind of argument is that? The US drop a fucking nuclear bomb on two Japanese cities but it's blue murder when the Russians shell a few buildings...nice double standards.

I disagree with both by the way but I'll play devil's advocate and use one of the oft used excuses by Israel and pro-Iraq war fanboys: "we don't know who was in those buildings, maybe there were militants and troops in there and it was their fault that they endangered the civilian population by hiding among them".
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Braddock wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

What the fuck kind of argument is that? The US drop a fucking nuclear bomb on two Japanese cities but it's blue murder when the Russians shell a few buildings...nice double standards.

I disagree with both by the way but I'll play devil's advocate and use one of the oft used excuses by Israel and pro-Iraq war fanboys: "we don't know who was in those buildings, maybe there were militants and troops in there and it was their fault that they endangered the civilian population by hiding among them".
georgians arent doing suicide bombers as far as i can tell, nor are they shooting rockets from apartment buildings, so your example fails hard.

but it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING?  get that thru your fucking head.  nothing.  not a damn thing about the subject at all.  that shit was done before any of us here were born.  but still, has not one fucking bearing one the subject.  so stop god dammit.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6348|CA, USA
I'm reading this book 'One Soldier's War' by Arkady Babchenko.  it's about the russian experience in Chechnya from a grunt's perspective in a conscript russian army.  i'm already done with about 100 or so pages.  basically 90% of what i've read so far is about the hazing the new guys get when they get assigned to a line unit, the derliction of duty by officers (drinking on the job), rampant stealing and extortion, etc.  it paints a very pathetic picture of the russian army.  while not getting shot at by the Chechen's they are beaten horribly by their own troops - going all the way up the chain of command to include colonels.  They also had to scrounge for equipment and used flak jackets with holes in them and bloodstains because that's all that was left.

it also tells of the brutality of that war in that one his buddies got abducted by the chechens and they later found the body.  the chechens gutted the guy while he was alive and choked him on his own intestines.  then, they wrote allah-akbar on the wall in dude's blood.  i don't get the impression that Georgians are barbarians like this as i believe they are attempting to become democratic rather than an islamic state (read - the opposite of democracy).

i know russia has 'the bomb' and all that, but if their army is anything like the author describes in his autobiography, i think their army would fold under a more disciplined adversary with a strong will to get the job done.

Last edited by CaptainSpaulding71 (2008-08-11 15:48:19)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ

Braddock wrote:

"we don't know who was in those buildings, maybe there were militants and troops in there and it was their fault that they endangered the civilian population by hiding among them".
o boy this one gonna be funny

edit: dammit marine you're spoiling everything with your temper geez

Last edited by oug (2008-08-11 15:48:12)

ƒ³
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6190

Braddock wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Those damn Georgians militant hiding behind civilians.. no pride at all..  unable to fight on an open field.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

usmarine wrote:

georgians arent doing suicide bombers as far as i can tell, nor are they shooting rockets from apartment buildings, so your example fails hard.

but it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING?  get that thru your fucking head.  nothing.  not a damn thing about the subject at all.  that shit was done before any of us here were born.  but still, has not one fucking bearing one the subject.  so stop god dammit.
Okay, we'll sweep it under the carpet and pretend it never happened.

There's nothing to see here...move on...there's nothing to see here.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Braddock wrote:

discuss it all you want, there are plenty of threads about it.  not this one however.

fuck it.  please discuss the boxer rebellion and the falklands next please.  i am going to go play hockey.  peace out.
Vax
+42|5843|Flyover country

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

jord wrote:

I don't follow the Israel situation sorry.

I'm well aware of what bombs do, but they are laser guided. They sure don't miss by fucking miles and magically kill civilians. Unless you tell them to.
Israel blew up an entire apartment block in Palestine a few years back to get an old guy in a wheelchair, he was a Palestinian militant leader. You and I both know that there were thousands of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan as a result of collateral damage and the US is supposedly at the cutting edge of military technology.
Shit happens, that's war. There's a hell of a difference between the collateral damaged caused by US bombing in Iraq and Afghanistan and that of the Russian bombing in Georgia.
And the difference lies in the intent. Collateral damage is often a euphemism for 'mistake'. 

Also when was the incident with the aparment block ? Anyone have a link to that? 
Yassin is the only Palestinian militant 'in a wheelchair' hit by Isarael that i can remember, and he was hit on the street, no apartment blocks involved iirc.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

discuss it all you want, there are plenty of threads about it.  not this one however.

fuck it.  please discuss the boxer rebellion and the falklands next please.  i am going to go play hockey.  peace out.
Field hockey I bet!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

Vax wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Israel blew up an entire apartment block in Palestine a few years back to get an old guy in a wheelchair, he was a Palestinian militant leader. You and I both know that there were thousands of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan as a result of collateral damage and the US is supposedly at the cutting edge of military technology.
Shit happens, that's war. There's a hell of a difference between the collateral damaged caused by US bombing in Iraq and Afghanistan and that of the Russian bombing in Georgia.
And the difference lies in the intent. Collateral damage is often a euphemism for 'mistake'. 

Also when was the incident with the aparment block ? Anyone have a link to that? 
Yassin is the only Palestinian militant 'in a wheelchair' hit by Isarael that i can remember, and he was hit on the street, no apartment blocks involved iirc.
I'll look for a link but I originally saw that in a BBC documentary, they used a 1 tonne bomb if I remember correctly and the Israelis were very candid talking about it in interviews, they made no bones about it.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-08-11 15:56:20)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6335|tropical regions of london

Braddock wrote:

these are two uniformed, conventional forces fighting each other.  not rpg yeilding insurgents wearing new balance shoes.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ

Vax wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

The intent is always the same. And you know what, it's too late now... looking for links 'n all that... Bottom line is the people only sympathize with the side their government wants them to. Otherwise you would know about these things long ago. You wouldn't be looking for a forgotten link about an insignificant little story. It's sad but what can you do...
ƒ³
Commie Killer
+192|6378

God Save the Queen wrote:

Braddock wrote:

these are two uniformed, conventional forces fighting each other.  not rpg yeilding insurgents wearing new balance shoes.
Dont bother, this is about Israel now. Georgia's been written off the map.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard