.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
I'll play it when I'm old.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6589|Medford, WI
I think my dad used to work at a golfcourse that jon daily played at, he has one of his clubs/ or jon dailys roomates clubs
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478

i g wrote:

Canadianloser wrote:

GravyDan wrote:

Golf is very fun, but I doubt it qualifies as a "sport."  If it does, my favorite sport is BF2, followed closely by picking lint out of my belly button (my handicap is 3.6 balls of lint and half a Dorito).
ha...haha...hehe...haha....heh...hehh.

you make me lol.
poker takes no skill
/rage
baggs
+732|6174
I've been known to frequent a driving range and the partake in the odd round of golf here and there, purely social though.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
I play. Taking lessons so that I can be on the golf team my senior year. Baseball coaches blow ass.

But, I hurt my wrist and it's been sore for like a month. Finally getting an appointment..
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6298|Londawn
I have my Wii, i don't need rl golf.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Ultrafunkula wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

my parents don't play at all, my friends go out and play/don't invite me because i'd suck too much the first times = i havent played
Some friends you have. How the fuck do they figure you'll get better if they don't bring you with them and give you advice on how to play?
They insist I go to a driving range first.  Idk, they're on the golf team, they think they're amazing or something.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
Was at the range today with a mate. Should really play more often. Because I dont play enough I really struggle to keep my swing calm, the temptation just to go for it is too much, which means I struggle to get my weight throungh the shot that well. I still consistenly hit my 7 iron about 180yards though, so not too bad
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

shaping up to be a hell of a finish (pga champ)

it's on cbs
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

i g wrote:

shaping up to be a hell of a finish (pga champ)

it's on cbs
Golf is like cricket. EXTREMELY fun to play, but not as fun to watch as football/tennis, but still watchable.
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

watching just regular tournaments isn't too fun, but the final round of a major is
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Was at a golf tournament last friday. Kimi Räikkönen played there too
I played like shit. Picked up the ball 4 times. The best I could do was a damn bogey two times Need to play more...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

.Sup wrote:

I'll play it when I'm old.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

I've played for years, but haven't gotten out much the last few.  Unfortunately I never did develop much of a swing, and would end up with a better score if I played my divet rather than my ball. 
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
Does miniature golf count?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Does miniature golf count?
Hey if it has the word golf innit it's golf

I'd like to go for a round of reggae-golf. Couple of clubs, plenty of balls and a case of beer to go on a clear summer night when the sun don't go down
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Just got back from my company's golf outing

Nothing against golf but it is not my thing, just need a good incentive to take it up. Well there were some good looking chicks hanging out in the country club and in the back office, figured that is good enough for me.

Recommendations? on the clubs or irons? should I buy the funny shorts and/or shoes? I already have a golf bag just need to fill it up.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario

loubot wrote:

Nothing against golf but it is not my thing, just need a good incentive to take it up. Well there were some good looking chicks hanging out in the country club and in the back office, figured that is good enough for me.

Recommendations? on the clubs or irons? should I buy the funny shorts and/or shoes? I already have a golf bag just need to fill it up.
It's a great pasttime, actually. Not that I play alot, but it's relaxing, competitive at the same time, and there's plenty of tree shade
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH

pace51 wrote:

loubot wrote:

It's a great pasttime, actually. Not that I play alot, but it's relaxing, competitive at the same time, and there's plenty of tree shade
I wouldn't say it is a great past time, it's a good time to BS with your friends or clients. The only tree shades I see are off the course. Is that where you hide?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

loubot wrote:

how often do you plan on playing?  If you plan on playing a lot then investing in good clubs is probably worth it, but it does get expensive.  You can pay a lot of money for a single club let alone a whole set.  If you don't plan on playing more than a few times a year max. I'd recommend getting a complete set for a few hundred dollars.  If you plan on seriously playing I'd recommend starting with irons.  You can get a decent set of irons custom gripped for a few hundred then move on to drivers.  Drivers are a lot more expensive and more technical, but I tend to believe that a good set of irons is more important than a good set of drivers.  I still don't even have a complete set of custom drivers, but I can't drive the ball for shit anyway so it's really not a major concern  for me right now.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

loubot wrote:

how often do you plan on playing?  If you plan on playing a lot then investing in good clubs is probably worth it, but it does get expensive.  You can pay a lot of money for a single club let alone a whole set.  If you don't plan on playing more than a few times a year max. I'd recommend getting a complete set for a few hundred dollars.  If you plan on seriously playing I'd recommend starting with irons.  You can get a decent set of irons custom gripped for a few hundred then move on to drivers.  Drivers are a lot more expensive and more technical, but I tend to believe that a good set of irons is more important than a good set of drivers.  I still don't even have a complete set of custom drivers, but I can't drive the ball for shit anyway so it's really not a major concern  for me right now.
I will play a few times a year.

Once in a while, I will see these over-night shops selling golf items at "liquidated" prices. They set up shop for a few days before vanishing. Are they a good place to buy drivers and irons? I am pretty sure I will not be playing a lot so just need the bare minimum to start.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
the open at st andrews, yay
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
lol john daly.  always love it when a drunk smoker can do well
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
you can always make your own set of clubs which i found fun to do.
i grabbed the components for a full iron set 1 iron through 60deg wedge. When you hit the 1 iron 300 yards people look at you differently.

next set definitely all graphite shafts. hell i might just keep using the same heads and just replace the steel shafts.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
baggs
+732|6174
McIlroy was top drawer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard