SGTJones97E
+0|6835
now with the patch my progress bar is all the way over, and i have over 9k points and still at lcpl...got the mid east ribbon though it didnt show up in the actual game just in bfhq, but no rank up
fizz85
+1|6789|Voice of reason
Wierd man... I had 11k and I got promoted 3x. I had to do it twice. It worked after I played on an EA server for 3 rounds. Everytime you get a point for kill, flag etc.. you rank up.
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
yea i played for like two hours and got a few hundred points and played about 6-7 rounds.
Ghostmaker_o5
+0|6787
yeah. Is this happening to everyone? or just some people.

I am at 3500 points and it shows I have i think 2 unlocks and that I went up two ranks (in bf2 stats) and i go in to play for about 5 minutes and I havent ranked up yet.

How long do i have to play to earn the ranks.... lol, my friend got 3 kills and went up 3 ranks =\ BS!!!
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6846|Australia
It all depends on your points as to how many you will get, and inorder to get them you need to earn points on a ranked server. Due to the back log of people gaining ranks it wont show up in BFHQ for an hour or so.
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
no it had shown up.  because i started with 8k some and when i left i checked bf2 and i had over 9k
lovelacm
+0|6809|ABQ
Havin' the same issues... quite strange. I've tried on several different ranked servers w/o luck in earning rank.

Grrr...
oh-godzilla
+0|6791|Germany
when i start bf2 there´s a black screen with no text or info and i have to choose yes or no.
when i hit yes bf2 exits and the browser tries to open a page that doesn´t exist and when i hit no .. nothing happen..
i don´get it.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6847|"Frisco"

oh-godzilla wrote:

when i start bf2 there´s a black screen with no text or info and i have to choose yes or no.
when i hit yes bf2 exits and the browser tries to open a page that doesn´t exist and when i hit no .. nothing happen..
i don´get it.
Try the correct thread for this or risk getting slapped around.
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
ok im a gunny sgt now, what i had to do was join a new server....try that if youre having this problem...i played for several hours but when i started a new server, it worked..
Divine_Madcat
+0|6779
SGTJones-  I am having the same issue as you are (as you can tell by my sig).  Im not sure what you mean by starting a new server (since you gotta pay for it to be ranked and such), and how it would effect the ranks.  Could you elaborate a bit more?

Thanks.
nayo450
+-1|6793
yeah, i'm incountering the same problem, the progres bar is full, but my rank has not gone up.
despite the fact that i had played under the new patch yesterday...er um today...12am till 130 am
McCullough
+7|6838
I'm currently Master Sergeant and i'm suposed to be First Sergeant cus i have the points needed and all the badges. BUT i got the vet knife and pistol badges at the sime time as the basic knife and pistol badge. and the basic badges didn't seemed to count. Very wierd. trying to ern the basic badges again hope it works.
lovelacm
+0|6809|ABQ
SGTJones97E - No idea how you got the promotion to work. I've had the same issue since yesterday evening. I've played on 3-4 ranked servers since the patch w/o luck. I, too, received the Mid-East Service Ribbon.. and I have much less than 250 hrs in the game... strange. I'll keep pluggin' away.

Please yell if anybody gets a fix for the situation. Many thanks.

Cheers!
lovelacm
+0|6809|ABQ
No idea what I did differently this time as opposed to the last 3-4 times I've played... but it worked.

Sorry for the bother, folks. Thanks for the patience.

Cheers!
Yazaa
+0|6778
Well, i'm facing this problem also, but i've had this problem since the release of the patch.
When i play, i shoot a guy and i get Corporal, then after 2-3 hours of play, i log out and i log back in again to retrieve my unlock, but when i look in BFHQ it still says that i'm Lance Corporal and i have 1600 points.

Help :'(
lovelacm
+0|6809|ABQ
As an aside, it took me 2-3 times of getting promoted on different servers for it to "stick." When it stuck, I played the whole round until the new map loaded.. then I jumped off, and quit the program. Once I restarted BF2, it noted that I was promoted and gave me the appropriate unlocks, etc.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
Divine_Madcat
+0|6779
Well, i played this morning in a quick match, and once again, no promotion.  I guess i should try and offical EA server  to see if it helps, but right now, i am just really frustrated... :-s
Olpol
+0|6777
Read the patch notes you tards.
Divine_Madcat
+0|6779
Mind showing where in here: ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/patch_103_changelog.txt
it talks about your ranks not updating?  In fact, it says:
"If you are immediately   eligible for a new promotion, unlock, badge, award, or ribbon, it will  be awarded the next time you receive points on a ranked server. "

Guess what?  I have recieved close to 100 points on ranked servers (had played 5 rounds on Wake 2007, ranked, for an hour straight, and still got nadda).  Can be seen here: http://bf2s.com/player/Divine_Madcat/

Now, if you have something USEFULL to add to those who need it, please do so....
plissken
+0|6777|Vienna, Austria
i have the same problem. 3000+ points and still no seargent but only lance corporal. however i have not yet installed the patch. is it necessary to advance to have the patch installed?
Divine_Madcat
+0|6779
Well, you can advance,but it will be under the old system.  You MUST have the patch to have te new ranks.
plissken
+0|6777|Vienna, Austria
thnx. then i have to install it. hope it works.
lovelacm
+0|6809|ABQ

Olpol wrote:

Read the patch notes you tards.
There's an excellent way to win friends and influence people...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard