Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
wow another person that doesn't understand what the olympics are about.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

Vilham wrote:

Vilham, master of ban evasion and indirect insults.

Teach me of wise one.
David.P
Banned
+649|6276
Fuck Tbet. And Fuck China aswell! Soviet Union for the Win!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Teach me of wise one.
The olympics are simply about celebrating the greatest in the world, simple as. Who cares how many people watch, who cares where its posted, its about performing athletes in a competition to see who is the greatest. If you can't understand that you have lost sight of what the Greeks achieved.

And I didn't realise that saying someone doesn't understand something is an insult. Guess some people don't cope with things like that well.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-08-08 16:16:08)

i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

fuck china

fuck the olympics
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

i g wrote:

fuck china

fuck the summer olympics
fixed
David.P
Banned
+649|6276

Poseidon wrote:

i g wrote:

fuck china

fuck the limpdicks
fixed
Fixodent.
jord

Vilham wrote:

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Teach me of wise one.
The olympics are simply about celebrating the greatest in the world, simple as. Who cares how many people watch, who cares where its posted, its about performing athletes in a competition to see who is the greatest. If you can't understand that you have lost sight of what the Greeks achieved.

And I didn't realise that saying someone doesn't understand something is an insult. Guess some people don't cope with things like that well.
It's an insult too anyone that isn't mentally challenged. Simply because everyone gets the Olympics are about sports(Well not everyone, hence this politics thread). I was having a discussion about how there is a lot more interest in the normal Olympics as opposed to the winter ones. Surely I can have that discussion and still know it's a bout athletes doing what they've trained for all their life.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

David.P wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

i g wrote:

fuck china

fuck the limpdicks
fixed
Fixodent.
hilarious
David.P
Banned
+649|6276

Poseidon wrote:

David.P wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

fixed
Fixodent.
hilarious
No. Hila-Motherfucking-Laughing-your-dick-off-Larious.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6128|So Cal
F*** Tibet... there are far worse atrocities going on around the world.   Tibet and their monks... Pffft.  https://www.talkrowing.co.uk/talkrowing/html/emoticons/smiley_bash.gif
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

jord wrote:

Teach me of wise one.

It's an insult too anyone that isn't mentally challenged. Simply because everyone gets the Olympics are about sports(Well not everyone, hence this politics thread). I was having a discussion about how there is a lot more interest in the normal Olympics as opposed to the winter ones. Surely I can have that discussion and still know it's a bout athletes doing what they've trained for all their life.
Then you admit your point about what you said is moot. You said the Olympics fail for having low viewing figures yet here you claim the Olympics are about something entirely different so how do they fail?

O wait silly me, I see now, they fail for some completely unrelated point. Ah im so silly. It was so clear, im amazed I didn't see it before.
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

I'd rather watch Cops.
jord

Vilham wrote:

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Then you admit your point about what you said is moot. You said the Olympics fail for having low viewing figures yet here you claim the Olympics are about something entirely different so how do they fail?

O wait silly me, I see now, they fail for some completely unrelated point. Ah im so silly. It was so clear, im amazed I didn't see it before.
What the fuck are you even talking about? Furthermore, why the fuck do you even care what I said to Poseidon. I said "failympics" in reference to the Winter Olympics.

I never said the main ones "failed".
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Sigh... indeed you did miss the entire point of Olympic events. The Olympics and winter Olympics are pretty much the same thing! The only difference is the events. Olympics aren't about viewing figures, you even admitted that yet somehow continue to contradict yourself.
jord

Vilham wrote:

Sigh... indeed you did miss the entire point of Olympic events. The Olympics and winter Olympics are pretty much the same thing! The only difference is the events. Olympics aren't about viewing figures, you even admitted that yet somehow continue to contradict yourself.
Forget it, I've already told you that I understand what the games are about. Sport, yeah, I get it.

However my discussion was about viewing figures of the Olympics compared to the Winter Olympics.

That's two sentences right there, so if you read them each twice you might get it into your head what I'm saying. It's not hard, I'm not speaking a different language and my spelling isn't altogether that bad.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

I will boycott the Olympics because the are boring. I hate seeing sweaty guys or women with too much testosterone.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Forget it, I've already told you that I understand what the games are about. Sport, yeah, I get it.

However my discussion was about viewing figures of the Olympics compared to the Winter Olympics.

That's two sentences right there, so if you read them each twice you might get it into your head what I'm saying. It's not hard, I'm not speaking a different language and my spelling isn't altogether that bad.
Yet you claim the Winter Olympics are about sport and not viewing figures but they fail because they don't get high viewing figures. Please explain your contradiction one more time so I understand.

If you had even said Winter Olympics fail in COMPARISON to summer Olympics because less people watch it you might have a leg to stand on, but you didn't you outright claimed the Winter Olympics fail because of low viewing figures.

Don't try to blame me for miss understanding what you meant when what you meant isn't what you wrote.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-08-08 16:46:46)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Funny thing: the Olympics is the one time when a group of people from different nations come together and just compete. Just comptition, that's all. Although it wold be naive to suggest that politics don't play a role, they aren't important in the spirit of the Olympics.

Stop being caught up in the mass-media bullshit and just enjoy the Olympics for what it is because in honest truth it is the only time every four years where I begin to see some little bit of fucking hope for this fucked up little group known as humanity.

To all you "Free Tibet" band-wagon-jumpers; just let it go for two fucking weeks. I guaruntee that after the Olympics is over and the world media takes it's eyes off China suddenly the idea of a free Tibet will seem unimportant to you. I guarun-fucking-tee it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
jord

Vilham wrote:

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Yet you claim the Winter Olympics are about sport and not viewing figures but they fail because they don't get high viewing figures. Please explain your contradiction one more time so I understand.

If you had even said Winter Olympics fail in COMPARISON to summer Olympics because less people watch it you might have a leg to stand on, but you didn't you outright claimed the Winter Olympics fail because of low viewing figures.

Don't try to blame me for miss understanding what you meant when what you meant isn't what you wrote.
Seeing as how Poseidon was talking about the Winter Olympics and I about the Summer ones, then I thought it would be pretty clear I was talking about the comparison of figures between the two. I'm not going to be talking about the comparison of the Winter Olympics in comparison to fucking American Idol am I?

I guess I'm gonna have to spell out what I'm saying as if talking to a child in future.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

Ty wrote:

Funny thing: the Olympics is the one time when a group of people from different nations come together and just compete. Just competition, that's all. Although it wold be naive to suggest that politics don't play a role, they aren't important in the spirit of the Olympics.

Stop being caught up in the mass-media bullshit and just enjoy the Olympics for what it is because in honest truth it is the only time every four years where I begin to see some little bit of fucking hope for this fucked up little group known as humanity.

To all you "Free Tibet" band-wagon-jumpers; just let it go for two fucking weeks. I guaruntee that after the Olympics is over and the world media takes it's eyes off China suddenly the idea of a free Tibet will seem unimportant to you. I guarun-fucking-tee it.
Exactly what the message of the Olympics is about. People competing against each other for the title of best. Nothing more.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

invade tibet
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

jord wrote:

Seeing as how Poseidon was talking about the Winter Olympics and I about the Summer ones, then I thought it would be pretty clear I was talking about the comparison of figures between the two. I'm not going to be talking about the comparison of the Winter Olympics in comparison to fucking American Idol am I?

I guess I'm gonna have to spell out what I'm saying as if talking to a child in future.
Its called the internet, im not going to take anything other than what you write. I after all know nothing about you or your views. If I start to read peoples views one way or another people will bitch about taking words out of context. So im merely commenting on your EXACT words to avoid this.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth

Vilham wrote:

The Winter Olympics are fucking awesome just becuase of snowboarding and skiing. Coolest events with exclusion of gymnastics in the Summer Olympics.
Signature
jord

Vilham wrote:

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Its called the internet, im not going to take anything other than what you write. I after all know nothing about you or your views. If I start to read peoples views one way or another people will bitch about taking words out of context. So im merely commenting on your EXACT words to avoid this.
It's not taking words out of context it's common sense. I was directly talking to Poseidon who was defending the Winter Olympics, I was even quoting him.

Anyway, back on topic...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard