Poll

Presidential Predictions

McCain35%35% - 33
Obama64%64% - 61
Total: 94
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Shadowstas.com wrote:

In every presidential race since 1908, in which consistent, real (inflation-adjusted) annual disposable income growth was above 3.3%, the incumbent party holding the White House won every time. When income growth was below 3.3%, the incumbent party lost every time. Again, with redefinitions to the national income accounts in the last two decades, a consistent measure of disposable income as reported by the government has disappeared. Yet, even with official reporting, the current annual growth in real disposable income is at 2.2%, well below the traditional 3.3% limit.
Obama wins.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6455|Ontario, Canada
Ron Paul, Hope for America.

Last edited by d4rkst4r (2008-08-07 17:19:49)

"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Thorax
Banned
+77|5806

d4rkst4r wrote:

LOL.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky
McCain.. even though Obama has made his way to my state numerous times this year even though our vote doesn't really matter.. being as how we only have a million people......
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
Hard to say really. Media have been going great digging things on the democratic side of things (for what was hilliary v. obama) and because of that all attention directed to McCain was, well, good. But now that, let's face it, there is one democrat and one republican, the press are anxious for bad news on both parties (ie - McCain's personal health)

I'm going to say Obama ... I'm sure it will be close, but I think overall Obama will top it off ... perhaps not so because of his "change, we can believe in" slogan but more portraying America as young and vibrant rather than old and cranky.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
Obama will win because of the whole republican = Bush thing. McCain = republican so therefore McCain = Bush.

TBH I can't remember the last Al Franken commercial where he didn't have a picture of Coleman next to Bush in it.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
McCain FTW. You cant ignore demographics.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth

d4rkst4r wrote:

I wish. If McCain wins, I'm quitting at life.
Signature
Brasso
+1,549|6632

obama
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
As the tagline for Alien v Predator goes:

"Whoever wins, we lose."
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

d4rkst4r wrote:

Yeah, it'll be a dead heat between him and Nader.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
I think it will be close, but obama will win.

Tbh you might as well split America into two countries.
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live
Obama will win. Partly because he's intelligent and articulate, and partly because the people running McCain's campaign seem to be incompetent.
The#1Spot
+105|6541|byah

wah1188 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

McCain; it's only a matter of time before people catch on to how full of shit he is... but then again, there are massive amounts of stupid people and idiot teen votes who vote for the "cool" guy just because everyone else is doing it. This is too close to call.
You raise a fair point but the idiot teens would probably forget to vote.
I am refusing to vote. Its currently pointless.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2008-08-08 09:41:46)

latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6658|west liberty IA

ATG wrote:

I think it will be interesting for us to call it now. Say why you think the guy will win.

I predict that McCain will win.

Despite the full court press by the media for Obama many fear we cannot afford his policies. Tax and spend is not change.

We are a country divided. Despite the colosal fuck up that is George Bush we seem split down the middle according to the polls.
As much as i agree with your statement ATG Obama would win just for promising that false fantay.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

d4rkst4r wrote:

I would have voted for Ron if he would have won.  I think it is sad when the most knowledgable person at the debate speaks truthfully and looks like an idiot because the truth is so fucked up it sounds rediculous.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5996|Truthistan
Obama will win... its an anyone but a republican't vote right now

who ever gets in the Whitehouse, I think the people will vote the opposite party into congress.

To me it doesn't really matter who gets in as long as we don't have anymore one party rule. If I wanted that I would move to China or Russia.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I'm not as exposed to the blanket media coverage the two candidates get in the states, but would like to know if possible, when is it they nominate the potential Vice President?

I know there's speculation but are Obama and McCain obliged to present their VP on or before a certain date?

And cause I can:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/sgh640-2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6658|west liberty IA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I'm not as exposed to the blanket media coverage the two candidates get in the states, but would like to know if possible, when is it they nominate the potential Vice President?

I know there's speculation but are Obama and McCain obliged to present their VP on or before a certain date?

And cause I can:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/r … h640-2.jpg
rolfcopter who's older McCain or Mr. Burns?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

TheAussieReaper wrote:

And cause I can:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/r … h640-2.jpg
Karma System
You may not karma the same person in a 24 hour period.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ghandi767
+17|6624|Hanging in the Balance
I want McCain, I think Obama will win.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard