dedelus
+4|6693
I know this is just me probably, but I find it agrivating how people keep calling the Hummer and such "Jeeps".  They arn't Jeeps becasue the vehicles weren't made by Kiaser, Willys, AMC or Chrystler.  The hummer is made by AM General.  The vehicles are the Vodnick, HMMWV, or the NJ2046.  They all replace the Jeep.  The only reason i get peeved at this is because I drive a Jeep.  so what ever, i just felt a need to vent and this is the complaint section.
jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.
Who cares what people call them,maybe someone got angry at you because you said hummer and not humvee.
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6703
Vodnick, HMMWV, or the NJ2046. Honestly, when I can type "jeep" and you still know I'm refering to a transport, I'll probably say jeep. I'm not gonna type out NJ2046 just to be correct in the middle of a round :p
infernalzen
+0|6669
could be worse,
someone might call a land rover, a jeep.
MB.nZ
+86|6814|New Zealand

7thEs_ChibiKrillin wrote:

I'm not gonna type out NJ2046 just to be correct in the middle of a round :p
I totally disagree. You're a n00b.

Last edited by MB.nZ (2006-03-04 15:11:31)

cam420
+1|6690
Jeep, car, truck? arn't they all basicalley the same thing, get over your OCD
MB.nZ
+86|6814|New Zealand

jord wrote:

humvee.
Youre wrong. The car names High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle.
No idea what your e-e means

Last edited by MB.nZ (2006-03-04 15:16:06)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6756|Riva, MD
You're just retarded if it annoys you that much.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6792
jeep does not nessicate a brandname or greatly specific type of vehicle. Jeep can be any 4x4 multi-passenger car-type vehicle, really.

I call the Vodnik, HMMWV etc Jeeps.

I call the DPV, etc, Buggies.

if you really *have* to be that particular, the LAV isnt an APC, is it?
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6676|USA

dedelus wrote:

I know this is just me probably, but I find it agrivating how people keep calling the Hummer and such "Jeeps".  They arn't Jeeps becasue the vehicles weren't made by Kiaser, Willys, AMC or Chrystler.  The hummer is made by AM General.  The vehicles are the Vodnick, HMMWV, or the NJ2046.  They all replace the Jeep.  The only reason i get peeved at this is because I drive a Jeep.  so what ever, i just felt a need to vent and this is the complaint section.
yes exactly in order of those vodnik is MEC the next is US and the next is PLA its annoying to me too when they call em jeeps some ppl call em vans even (very strange)
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6676|USA
ya i agree im not gonna spell out all the words except i will vodnik and ill call HMMVVE or whatever a hummvee cause thats what they r and sound out those letters that humvees r called they come out with the sound humvee
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6814|Noizyland

Who cares? Jeep is Geep with is GP which is 'general purpose' veichle, and that's what Humvees, (note: they arn't Hummers, which are the smaller 'civilian' kind - for someone who obviously cares so deeply that's a pretty bad screw-up,) and the other transports pretty much are.

Why should it annoy you? Shouldn't it give you a false sence of superiority? I think that should be good enough for you, and honestly, someone who gets annoyed by those kind of little things are as bad as the type who correct grammar and spelling.

By the way, Vodnik is not spelled with a 'c' and for God's sake proof read so I don't have to suffer through the few 'I's you failed to capatalise and that one lower-case 's' that you missed at the start of that last sentance.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6719

dedelus wrote:

Why call it a hummer ? it's actually called a High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle . Damn it people like you piss me off . Get it right idiot !
Buzerk1
+44|6876
People who never owned a JEEP calls every 4x4 a jeep....until they owned a JEEP... until they do, they can't understand your point, that's why you get flame for it...
arnica
+18|6720|Sydney
wtf? you made a thread for this useless crap?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra
he only made this thread as he is angry at life becuase he drives a jeep, id be angry to if i had to drive a bucket of crap.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6808|Human Meat Shield
I love hummers  

They are vehicles. Slang words are used in vehicles. We don't call SU-34 all the time, we call them planes. Just like we call the buggy..'buggy' and the Jeeps.. 'Jeeps'.

Besides I'd rather it be called a Jeep because I know I have a steady rollbar incase I crash.
AuSFinN
+1|6728
Hehe.. yeah. I've noticed that. Even the FAV's are supposedly 'Jeeps'. I just say 'car', sometimes humvee and vodnik, seeing as those are easily remembered. But the Chinese one? Yeesh... Expect the Chinese to make a car that has a name that can't be remembered.

"Sarge! There's an enemy..*pulls out piece of paper*..NJ2046! Coming this way..*gets hit, and dies* - Another round to the Chinese.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6697|California
"Enemy RAFT spotted"
imdead
Death StatPadder
Enemy Canoe Spotted
hutchy52
+12|6794

Tyferra wrote:

Why should it annoy you? Shouldn't it give you a false sence of superiority? I think that should be good enough for you, and honestly, someone who gets annoyed by those kind of little things are as bad as the type who correct grammar and spelling.

By the way, Vodnik is not spelled with a 'c' and for God's sake proof read so I don't have to suffer through the few 'I's you failed to capatalise and that one lower-case 's' that you missed at the start of that last sentance.
Talk about a hypocrite.
NB-CO-DELTA-COMMAND
+6|6692
okay . lets say GET IN THE GENERAL AM / HMMV MADE IN 1984 !!!! LETS TAKE OUR TIME TO SAY IT AND GET KILLED AND LOSE. FUCK THAT. USELESS THREAD OMFG.  WE CALL THEM JEEPS FOR SHORT. SO "GET INDA JEEP!!!!" GET INDA CAR!!!!! OMFG DUDE GET TACTICAL........... learn...... about....... combat....... poser....... "enemy DUMB FUCK  spoted"
Esker
+1|6766
I never called them jeeps before but now I know it will irritate people, I will begin calling any vehicle a jeep.
PwnSauce
+0|6687
Some people here have to start thinking outside of their little boxes.....

I like to call them scooters....

Now flame me bitches....
imdead
Death StatPadder
I thought you said 'litter boxes' hahah... jeezus.. too much Sam Adams.

I just call them cars or things and now Jeeps, or I just say:'comin round corner' or 'pack on road' or just  ' car! '

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard