Mavik
+22|5784|Germany
"I.i.i.i ne.e.e.ed ba.a.a.ack u.u.u.up!"

The same problem appeared out of nowhere with no obvious reason with my old PC and BF2 - buying a new graphics card made it disappear, until then I was only able to play with the lowest graphics settings.

Until now I only say it happens in BF2142 as I have no other game installed yet.
Every sound (video, music, menu sounds ingame) works fine - I think even the weapon sounds - but voice (ingame sounds, not VOIP, I am not using it) is stuttering for any setting other than software sound - on Hardware it is irrelevant if I set sounds to low, medium, high, EAX on or off etc.
Also Teamspeak seems to make problems as long as I am in the 3D part of the game, back in the menu it is working fine.

New PC, system is 2 days old, drivers should be correct, fans (still) clean.

Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHZ
P5K/EPU S775 P35 ATX DDR2
DDR2 2048MB (2X1024) PC1066
Sparkle GF8800GT 512MB PCI-EX
Creative SoundBlaster AudigySE
Samsung 500GB SATAII
LG DVD-Brenner SATA
Enermax Netzteil 500Watt ATX

This afternoon I will again try installing drivers and test other 3D games.
I will switch to my old SB Live as well to see what happens.

Considering the problem under BF2 - why should changing the graphics card make the sound work right?
My old graphics card had two power lines connected to it, the new one only one - could it be the PSU not supplying enough power on just one line?
I will also try another PSU, but I would like to rule out any other possibility first.
tupla_s
+455|6599|Finland
Had the same problem when I had AudigySE. Don't know what was causing it, maybe it just isn't powerful enough or supported properly. I got a X-FI Extreme Music and the problem went away.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

Just reinstall the drivers. Don't even have to reboot afterwards. Very, very common problem.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Aside from reinstalling drivers, it can sometimes help to completely uninstall the old ones first.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Aside from reinstalling drivers, it can sometimes help to completely uninstall the old ones first.
Doesn't matter for this one. I've had it at least ten times, every time, I've just reinstalled the drivers, and it's worked without even a reboot. I have a same-series card, too, the SoundBlaster Live! Digital. They use the same drivers and APU.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
aimless
+166|6132|Texas
It's the AudigySE, common problem. Leave your sound settings on software instead of hardware and it'll go away.
Mavik
+22|5784|Germany
Or do as Freezer says and reinstall drivers relentlessly. ;o)

Thanks, it worked!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard