H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Speaking of the L96 being most accurate, even though it has the thinnest crosshairs, judging by the "centre pixel" pictures, the M24's bullet lands directly in the centre of the crosshairs, where the L96's land slightly down, the M95's slightly up, so the quick bullet travel time of the M24, and the fact it lands dead centre of crosshairs make it favourable to me over the L96's thinner crosshairs but slower bullet travel and off-centre crosshairs- it still makes the L96 most accurate at very long range though
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland
M24 and L96 are basically the same gun (in BF2), apart from the aesthetic differences...

I've always preferred the M24 too Herbal, as for M95, I can't hit shit with that thing

(I play sniper very rarely, but have done the 100+ hours for sharpshooter medal )
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I have only recently got noticeably good (to me) at sniping but haven't really played infantry much lately I've been trying to get better in the F-35, but with the M95, I used to always aim for the tip of the head like most rifles(for guaranteed kill) but since I read the centre pixel guide I've been aiming lower as the bullet lands higher on the crosshair and I've been getting lots more kills- I can't count the amount of times I used to aim at tip of head and missed completely with M95 but since I aim lower now I don't miss much
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5935|United States
Sniping is definitely my favorite thing to do on bf2. It's just really satisfying making those long range kills and the guy is like 'where did that come from'. You really have to use your head if you're a sniper, it's not just run and gun. You gotta find a spot, place claymores to defend, choose a backup spot if someone sees you. I usually snipe on mashtuur, jalabad, ghost town, warlord, imo the best sniping maps with some good spots and open areas.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
L96 for dragshot
M24 for CQC
Type-88 for Anything, so durable, such a good gun.
SVD for mid-close
M95 for camping airfield.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth

twoblacklines wrote:

Autosnipers suck.
That is an incorrect statement, but I'll forgive you for being a noob sniper. In proper hands, the SVD is the best weapon in the game.
Signature
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6383|Oslo, Norway
I rarely play sniper, but when I do I gotta have the SVD. An exsmple is if I play Karkand and instead of end up in the "nade zone" I pul myself back 50 ft and SVD away. Most of the time on the west side mountain, tryingh to defend Suburb. If someone gets close to me, I have learned the skill of rapid fire with the SVD, and that's pretty darn effective. But the aimboot, cheat accusations will always come... But SVD is by far the most effective sniper rifle in the game. Maybe they don't deal as much damage as M24, M95 & L96, BUT if two snipers meet and one of them have the SVD you can bet your ass he'll win the fight. (unless the other guy gets a one shot kill.)
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea

Babb Master Flash wrote:

BUT if two snipers meet and one of them have the SVD you can bet your ass he'll win the fight. (unless the other guy gets a one shot kill.)
You're kidding right? Most of the time, people who use the SVD cant headshot, and will fail in a sniper battle.
MrAnderson
Looks like he's assuming the other guy can't headshot either
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6383|Oslo, Norway

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

BUT if two snipers meet and one of them have the SVD you can bet your ass he'll win the fight. (unless the other guy gets a one shot kill.)
You're kidding right? Most of the time, people who use the SVD cant headshot, and will fail in a sniper battle.
Nope. You don't need a headshot if you hit 2, 3 or 4 bullets in a sniper battle when your opponent have bolt action.
That's how long M24, M95 L96 use to reload. 2-4 bullets.
Seriously. 
I know it suck, but it's the truth.
Acme1234
+62|6111|Melbourne, Australia

blah wrote:

I guess you're new to BF,because ere snipers don't defend themselves.They are a interesting species that place claymores on random places for goal of getting easy kills.How to stop snipers?FF on.
Tell xkullx that.
MrAnderson
But Babb, the reload shouldn't matter, any half-decent sniper using a bolt-action should take you out with one shot
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6383|Oslo, Norway

MrAnderson wrote:

But Babb, the reload shouldn't matter, any half-decent sniper using a bolt-action should take you out with one shot
IF, both snipers have full health, a little bit of movement and you miss the headshot, the guy with the SVD will have to bars ofhealth left, and when the guy with whatever rifle will have to reload, and every sniper with a SVD with some experience in rapid shooting will penetrate that guy so he'll look like a swiss cheese.

YOU NEED IF SEE ALL THE IF'S HERE OF COURSE!!!
Barrakuda777
+86|6738|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
ok, i lied they are not useless, but too man distictly poor people play the kit for the free claymore kills.

I want to get them set to manual trigger like C4.....

Then see how many people play the kit.

Kooda
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

Sniping makes me giddy with excitement.  Ok, it doesn't but it does make me want to eat my own arm because it is so boring.
Hoot
+3|6461

pyscofrawg wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

Autosnipers suck.
That is an incorrect statement, but I'll forgive you for being a noob sniper. In proper hands, the SVD is the best weapon in the game.
SVD are for people who suck at aiming, it takes no skill to use.
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6341|Too late for you to know...

Barrakuda777 wrote:

snipers are useless.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space

Sarciss wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

snipers are useless.
https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x197/zergrushkeke/screen067.jpg

(I picked up the kit to heal and the round ended)
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6644|can
You went 56-11 in a pub ? OMG UR LIEK AWSM CAN I HAS YER ABBIES
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

TrashBlinD wrote:

YES BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PUB SERVER IS ONLY FILLED WITH ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORONS WHO CANT SHOOT STRAIGHT!1!!!!1!!111!1

(That's sarcasm, if your simple-minded self didnt realize it)

Now why dont you take your stereotypical ass back to Crying Asswad League, because its obvious your elitist fuckwad attitude isnt welcome here.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-08-07 14:51:07)

MrAnderson
Well said Noobkilla, although that server does appear to be full of nubs
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6644|can

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

YES BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PUB SERVER IS ONLY FILLED WITH ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORONS WHO CANT SHOOT STRAIGHT!1!!!!1!!111!1

Now why dont you take your stereotypical ass back to Crying Asswad League, because its obvious your elitist fuckwad attitude isnt welcome here.
YAR THERE R MANEE MANEE AWSM PLAYERS IN PUBS I R SRY FOR BEING IGNORANT AND ALSO I SUCK AT BF2 SO I WILL GO KILL MYSELF NOW.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

MrAnderson wrote:

Well said Noobkilla, although that server does appear to be full of nubs
It was 3am and people were going to bed, it was full when the round started.   Regardless, i only posted it to disprove the always popular "snipers are useless"

On a side note, most of the round took place in the city.

MrAnderson wrote:

Can't see what the map is, Jalalabad at a guess?
yeah.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-08-07 15:06:52)

MrAnderson
Can't see what the map is, Jalalabad at a guess?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

TrashBlinD wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

YAR THERE R MANEE MANEE AWSM PLAYERS IN PUBS I R SRY FOR BEING IGNORANT AND ALSO I SUCK AT BF2 SO I WILL GO KILL MYSELF NOW.
https://www.jewcy.com/files/images/Greater%20Internet%20Fuckwad%20TheorySIMPLE.img_assist_custom.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard