pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth
I'm not sure how well known these guys are, but I was just introduced to them recently and thought I would share them with you guys. James and Sfogli are both play with amazing dexterity and have very individual styles. Bonamassa is a very blues oriented guy, and I have yet to find anybody that can lay down some nasty blues like he does. He also can sing some blues pretty well too.

Andy James - In the Wake of Chaos

Marco Sfogli - Andromeda

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn09Xn9JF5s

Last edited by pyscofrawg (2008-08-06 23:22:27)

Signature
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

The Bonamassa vid was no longer avaliable.
Sfogli was good, not my kind of music. Unfortunately for the other guy, James, I couldn't tell what was him and what was recoding early on but later it was pretty cool.
The kind of guitar I listen to is more along the lines of:
Andy McKee - Art of Motion

Antoine Dufour - Trilogie, (watch the whole thing, or if you have to, skip to 3:30.)

Tommy Emmanuel - Those Who Wait

Kinda more laid back sort of stuff.

Extra for those who care - Tommy Emmanuel - Initiation.
He talks for about a minute but then just using a delay he gets some truly awesome sounds out of his guitar.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth
I do love the acoustic guitar, but not near as much as the electric. When it comes to acoustic, it doesn't get much better than Tommy Emmanuel. I also really liked that Dufour guy, that song was pretty amazing.
Signature
topal63
. . .
+533|6720
I like the last video a lot (of Tommy Emmanuel). It's actually a lot of fun to play guitar against the lingering notes held in the delay. It creates a mini-symphonic feel/sound.

The Andy James vid. was somewhat reminiscent of the sounds created on Joe Satriani's - The Engines of Creation album. It has that certain electronica metal feel I like + I enjoy well thought-out guitar riffs. The combination is like a sweet cyborg dream (do computers dream of electric sheep?).
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Eric Johnson shreds. I've been learning this style lately, he is one of my favorites.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard