CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

lowing wrote:

Nope, I will believe ya, then yes it is a violent archaic religion that has no place in modern society. If it is not being practiced, then they are not practicing it. Pretty simple huh?
Just like the vast majority of muslims then, huh? Not every Jew is a King-David-Hotel-bombing Sabra-and-Shatila-sanctioning Arab-massacring Zionist or a segregated-bus-riding-woman-hating Haredi, just like not every Muslim is a suicide bombing jihadist. Nuff said. The relevance of the religion is moot it would seem.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-29 07:12:11)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, I will believe ya, then yes it is a violent archaic religion that has no place in modern society. If it is not being practiced, then they are not practicing it. Pretty simple huh?
Just like the vast majority of muslims then, huh? Not every Jew is a King-David-Hotel-bombing Sabra-and-Shatila-sanctioning Arab-massacring Zionist or a segregated-bus-riding-woman-hating Haredi, just like not every Muslim is a suicide bombing jihadist. Nuff said. The relevance of the religion is moot it would seem.
Nope, because in all of my posts I speak of the religion. In this case Islam. I do not speak of Muslims. ISLAM is a violent intolerant religion. I hate ISLAM, ISLAM has no place in western society.

There is a difference. Muslims that do not practice ISLAM, well, they are not practicing ISLAM are they? Regardless of what they call themselves.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

lowing wrote:

Nope, because in all of my posts I speak of the religion. In this case Islam. I do not speak of Muslims. ISLAM is a violent intolerant religion. I hate ISLAM, ISLAM has no place in western society.
And Western life has no place in Islamic society and yet you have chosen to go and fix helicopters in Iraq.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

lowing wrote:

There is a difference. Muslims that do not practice ISLAM, well, they are not practicing ISLAM are they? Regardless of what they call themselves.
Could have sworn that was a requirement to be considered Muslim...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, a self proclaimed Christian that blows up an abortion clinic is not practicing Christianity now is he?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

And Western life has no place in Islamic society and yet you have chosen to go and fix helicopters in Iraq.
You are correct western life has no place in Islamic society, glad we can agree.

I am not however in an Islamic society, I am on an American base. That is here for the duration when Iraq is stable, the tents will be folded up and all shall leave. I hope. Leaving Iraq to do with its new found stability as it sees fit.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, a self proclaimed Christian that blows up an abortion clinic is not practicing Christianity now is he?
Why not? It's happened in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
(not literally abortion clinics, but please read the link)
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well then we're agreed. Muslims are not a terribly huge problem, especially in the context of Jewish integration in America. All blow-ins eventually get rich, lazy and apathetic.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-29 07:40:02)

topal63
. . .
+533|6716

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

There in a nutshell you have it; the current state of it. Neocon philosophy kids vs. Qutb philosophy kids.

"Hey you don't belong" ... "No you don't belong" commie-hippie liberal bleeding heart chimes-in "can't we all just get along."

"No" and "No."
Defiance
+438|6668

Because there's nothing relevant after 8 pages, I think he was being respectful to the fact that he was in Jerusalem but well aware that it's not a stretch for someone to fish out a piece of paper from an important political figure. It's perfectly reasonable he just meant to leave a general message in case it did come out. That doesn't make it purposeful or a publicity stunt, though there is the possibility.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Why not? It's happened in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
(not literally abortion clinics, but please read the link)
The point being, he is NOT following the teachings of CHRIST. Period
Thorax
Banned
+77|5801
Just goes to show how ludacris religion on a whole is.

I'll write a prayer on hotel stationary and deliver it to this really old wall where God tends to read them more so than notes written and left other places. 

Please.
13rin
+977|6477
Obama is a publicity stunt.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
Christ, how is this thread still going on
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london

Thorax wrote:

ludacris
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

then what do you make of the fact that there is no single Islam authority, no "official" version of the koran, and its interpretation ? Instead, there are Sunni's and Shi'a, and wahhabists, and countless other sects in Islam. Islam has many forms and variations. Just as christianity, and judaism.

The idea that you, an infidel, somehow gets to decide which interpretation is genuine, and which isn't, is quite absurd. The words of the holy books of the different religions are often full of contradictions ( the role of the woman in islam is only one example for that kind of thing ), and could never be applied to modern life without interpretation.
In fact, interpret is all organized religions have ever done since the main scriptures have been conceived.

We have had this discussion before, I recall. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p2224198

As far as the OP is concerned, why is this an issue ? As Cam has said, placing a prayer in the wailing wall is a long-standing tradition for visitors to Jerusalem, regardless wether they are presidents, presidential candidates, or ordinary citizens.
And yes, I believe it is likely that Obama had at least hoped that his prayer might not be pulled from the wall and made public. Mainly because such action is forbidden, and frowned upon, and people much more prominent than him had placed prayers in the wall before, without them being pulled out.
Now, I am not saying that he wasn't wise enough to formulate his prayer in a way so that it would not offend anyone, should it be made public. After all, you never know what people do these days.
But to argue that the Obama campaign was somehow instrumental behind what happened, is absurd. We don't even know if the piece of paper that the jew brought to the newspaper is Obama's prayer at all. It could have been anyone's, couldn't it ? Or did he sign his name ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard