S4INT05
+1|6731|79605, TX
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=49098

MTV.com is reporting that SLAYER will be teaming up with LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED for a two-month U.S. tour beginning on June 6. Dubbed the Unholy Alliance Tour, the trek will make stops in most major cities, although the actual routing of the run is still being fleshed out.

"It's been 18 months since we've toured in the States," SLAYER guitarist Kerry King told MTV.com. "People are going to be chomping at the bit to see us again. Our initial thought [with Unholy Alliance] was to go up against Ozzfest, because I think that tour's getting a little bit tired and I think people are tired of going out and getting sunburned for hours every summer. Every place we play is going to be indoors, with a good-sized lineup. We're certainly not going to try to make Ozzfest go away. We're just trying to offer an alternative."

On Tuesday (Feb. 28) SLAYER entered a Los Angeles studio, where they started recording the 11 songs that'll comprise their yet-untitled album. Rick Rubin (SLIPKNOT, SYSTEM OF A DOWN) will executive-produce the disc, while Josh Abraham (VELVET REVOLVER, STAIND) will turn the knobs. One of the songs has an official title ("Cult"), but all of them, King promised, will be devastatingly grim.

"There are definitely things you can't write about in SLAYER, and there are definitely things people expect you to write about," he said. "Everybody expects war, Satanism or anti-religious stuff — and this record's chock-full of that."

Most of the 11 songs SLAYER will record were written more than two years ago, the guitarist said. "We're hoping to do it old-school and record everything in like four weeks," he added. "We're ready. This is probably the most ready we've been since 'Seasons'. We've been spinning our wheels in rehearsals, just waiting for the green light on this thing. Now that we've got it, we're ready to go.

"It's definitely going to be a riff-fest," King continued. "There's riffs all over the place. As much time as we've had to work on it, there better be riffs on it. I think anybody who likes SLAYER, musically, is going to love it."

On Saturday, MTV2's "Headbangers Ball" will feature an exclusive interview with bassist/vocalist Tom Araya regarding the forthcoming album and the Unholy Alliance run.

Oh. My. God. I am going.

BTW, when the hell is LoG's album going to come out? Can't wait for the new Slayer though!
silentsin
+3|6699
I don't know. I don't like those bands. I think metal is dead, it died in the late 80's in my opinion, for the most part at least.
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
i saw slayer and mastodon last year in dublin in a small venue... how glad was i that dave lombardo was back in the line up
awesome gig.  mastodon were amazing too... they also had one serious dude on drums, all the more impressive because he hammers away on a wee 7 piece kit!

http://users.d-n-a.net/dnetPzkQ/slayer.htm
have some movies of the gig

Last edited by uber73 (2006-03-04 04:04:56)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6758|Hell, p.o box 666

silentsin wrote:

I don't know. I don't like those bands. I think metal is dead, it died in the late 80's in my opinion, for the most part at least.
humpf, bullshit?! Metal is advance once again, and you could tell me what you want, the origin of that comes from europe (like germany, sweden, norway etc.)

If the genre is dead, why could a band like Slayer, or for a newer example In Flames, sell such a lot of records to enter top10 billboard charts or play gigs a huge stadiums sold out?!

Ok, if you compare metal to this hiphop crap this bands dont earn billiards of dollars. But guess what, these guys live their music, they wrote their music, they could play their instruments and for sake they dont pose in front of SL500 with 17 naked silicontuned bitches (or holes) and this is for me, more real then any PiffDaddy or 50cent bullshit.

Have you ever been to al metalgig? I guess not! You have your opinion, but I cant stand it like you say metal is dead. The great times of metal was indeed the 80s early 90s, but there are still some good bands which has enough fans and still earn their money playing the "dead" music.

@OP: go for it, Slayer, LOG, COB are fantasic liveacts never to miss
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6717
too bad its in America but about the metal... we've seen that metal was like on music style in the 80s... now there are like almost a dozen of different metal types can't we just be metal fans and thats it i like them all
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
wow, smilie overload
S4INT05
+1|6731|79605, TX
yea, I've already seen LoG 4 times, Slayer twice (in consecutive nights with Slipknot) and CoB once with LoG..Didn't get to see Mastodon at Ozzfest, don't know where the hell I was. But, sounds like a bad ass tour and i will go!
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6758|Cardiff, Wales
Like Metal? Check this latest bit of news!

IRON MAIDEN have confirmed the full European Leg of their World Tour for this coming Winter 2006.

The World Tour will start in Scandinavia on Nov 9 and response to the shows on sale there last week was phenomenal with ticket sales already exceeding 95,000 across the Scandinavian dates. All three of the Swedish shows sold out in just over an hour and a third date was immediately added at the Stockholm Globen which also sold out in hours making it 48,000 sold out in Sweden alone. The 8000 tickets in Bergen Norway went in just 30 minutes, Tempere sold all 6,600 tickets
out in a couple of hours while Helsinki registered first day sales of over 17,000 tickets over their two shows.

The new live show will include new album material which the band are now recording and which will be released prior to the tour. They are currently considering album artwork and the Production for the tour, which of course will be in true Maiden tradition with spectacular stage production and massive sound and lights ... and, of course, Eddie!!

Says Steve Harris, 'We've finished most of the writing of the album and have just started recording with Kevin Shirley so we're all very charged up at the moment to make a great record. Reaction to the tour so far has been brilliant and we're looking forward to putting a great show together for the fans and getting back out on the road towards the end of the year and playing new material live '

Maiden have invited the critically acclaimed American band TRIVIUM to be their Special Guests throughout the tour. Trivium have enjoyed ever increasing recognition these last few months and Maiden are sure that their fans will give them a great reception.

This European leg of the World Tour will be followed in early 2007 with selected dates in other parts of the World.

For the dates in the UK there is an exclusive 5 day special advance ticket ordering access for fan club members. There will be a special link in the Tour date area of the website and advance tickets for fan club go on sale on Friday 10th March at 9am in the UK and 9am Wednesday 22nd March for Dublin. After that tickets to the General Public for the UK shows will go on sale Friday 17th March at 9am, and on sale 9am Saturday 25th March for Dublin. For more information on exclusive advance ticket purchase access go to http://www.ironmaidenonlineclub.com

For all ticket on sale dates please see the tour dates section. Website links and phone numbers for each show will be added nearer on the on sale date. Alternatively check your local press, Radio and TV for information.

The band have also launched a NEW ONLINE CLUB and many of you have already received your sign in details if you are existing fan club members. As part of the membership there are special arrangements to allow 60 members of their fan club plus a guest first access to the stage barrier at each and every concert. Check out www.ironmaidenonlineclub.com for more information on how to become a member and details of this special offer.

The full European list of tour dates is -

NOVEMBER

Thu 9 DENMARK, Aalborg Gigantium

Fri 10 DENMARK, Copenhagen Valby

Sun 12 FINLAND, Tampere Icehall SOLD OUT

Tue 14 FINLAND, Helsinki Hartwall Arena

Wed 15 FINLAND, Helsinki Hartwall Arena

Fri 17 SWEDEN, Stockholm The Globe SOLD OUT

Sat 18 SWEDEN, Stockholm The Globe SOLD OUT

Mon 20 SWEDEN, Gothenburg Scandinavium SOLD OUT

Tue 21 NORWAY, Oslo Valhall

Thu 23 NORWAY, Bergen Vestlandshallen SOLD OUT

Sat 25 SWEDEN, Stockholm The Globe SOLD OUT

Mon 27 HOLLAND, Den Bosch Brabenthallen

Tue 28 FRANCE, Paris Palais Omnisport de Bercy

Thu 30 SPAIN, Barcelona Palau Sant Jordi

DECEMBER

Sat 2 ITALY, Milan DatchForum

Tue 5 SWITZERLAND, Zurich Hallenstadion

Thu 7 GERMANY, Stuttgart Schleyerhalle

Fri 8 GERMANY, Dortmund Westfallenhalle

Mon 11 WALES, Cardiff NIA

Tue 12 ENGLAND, Birmingham NEC

Thu 14 ENGLAND, Manchester Arena

Fri 15 SCOTLAND, Glasgow SECC

Sun 17 ENGLAND, Newcastle Arena

Mon 18 ENGLAND, Sheffield Arena

Wed 20 IRELAND, Dublin The Point

Fri 22 ENGLAND, London Earls Court

Keep watching the site for on-sale dates and information."

HELL FUCKIN YEAH!
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
Maiden are too old now.  altho, i think they still play most of their early stuff on sets.. which is good.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
Ive seen Slayer twice, awesome.

seen maiden several times. each time they got worse.

enjoy the show im getting too old to go to concerts but ill go see Judas Priest.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Sounds awesome for all you metalheads. Ozzfest is kind of redundant now anyway.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6845|Waikato, Aotearoa
Yep metal is alive and well.
Never heard of those groups (except for slayer.)

Was at GnR during the "Illusion" Tour of '92 up at Mt Smart in Akl
Would love to attend a Linkin Park gig
Would LOVE to attend a Metallica gig but have never had the opportunity *sigh*
On the plus side, i was lucky enuff to have a chat with James Hetfield and Jason Newstead when they were last in Wgtn, NZ.

Last edited by -101-InvaderZim (2006-03-07 01:06:14)

Slayer
---hates you

M4iD3n, hmpf, not my kind of metal... but really oldsql
S4INT05
+1|6731|79605, TX
I've heard a rumor over our local radio station that Metallica is supposedly on mainstage Ozzfest. But, we'll have to wait and see when the lineup is posted later this month.

Slayer rocks live, LoG and Cob all slay on the stage. This is one concert I can't miss!

Wales, haven't seen IM, but I have seen Judas Priest and Black Sabbath at Ozzfest '04!
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6758|Cardiff, Wales
'Tallica at Ozzfest? Wouldn't surprise me tbh. They have a whole range of dates lined up this year, the biggest being Download Though that is in the middle of exams so cant go

If 'Tallica come on a full UK tour sometime, i will most definately be there!

\m/
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
Metallica are touring close to the ozfest, and doing some festivals in uk/ireland thos summer.
i used to love metallica, til cliff burton died... then, they shoved their asses up their own rectums/recta.  cliff burton WAS metallica.  you couldnt PAY me to go see those knobhoppers.

..justice was the last great album from them, EVERYTHING after was pish.  and to top it off, they are all a bunch of twats.. anyone seen some kind of monster? what a bunch of wankers, eh?  anyone who thinks that shooting a bear for fun, deserves all the psychological problems he gets, mr hetfield, im talking to u.
fucker.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6758|Cardiff, Wales
Metallica were still amazin after Cliff's death. Newsted was an awesome bassist, and the way he worked with the crowd was brilliant

Though they haven't made a great album since 'Black'

With Rick Rubin producing their next album, things may be having a turn for the better
S4INT05
+1|6731|79605, TX
Rick Ruben is a well-renouned producer, and I can't wait to get my hands on the upcoming Slayer album.

If 'Tallica makes the Ozzfest stint, I MIGHT go just for them. Even though they have deteriorated in quality since, it would still be great to see those metal legends live.
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
any word on a possible slayer album release yet?
i hope that if they are gonna tour, they will promote the album, so hopefully it wont be too far away

Last edited by uber73 (2006-03-07 14:09:47)

Slayer
---hates you

I´ver heard rumours where Kerry King of Slayer talks about the progress of their new album. Producer is Josh Abraham, Rick Rubbin is only executive Producer this time, i guess because of the last disaggrees. For the U.S. Releasedate would be 06.06.2006 for EU some days later. But if you know Slayer, it´s not worth talking about releasedates...
AknaMih
+2|6726|Finland

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

Metallica were still amazin after Cliff's death. Newsted was an awesome bassist, and the way he worked with the crowd was brilliant

Though they haven't made a great album since 'Black'

With Rick Rubin producing their next album, things may be having a turn for the better
Exactly my thougts! Many bands have their dry periods with their creativity. With Metallica it's lasted from "Black" till today. New bassist (not necessarily better) and a new producer have the potential to change things for better.
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
newstead may have been a great bassist, but cliff was a great songwriter.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6758|Cardiff, Wales
Can't argue with that, after his passing Metallica moved away from the more progressive stuff to more streamlined 'Metal' though, Bob Rock had a load to do with that.

However great a basist Newsted was, he never seemed like he was accepted by the band, he always seemed to me to be the fan who made it big

Latest news in the world of Metal

METALLICA TO INDUCT BLACK SABBATH INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME
3/8/2006   

So there we are, hanging out at HQ getting ready for our first visit to South Africa, and a call comes in wondering if we can leave a few days early and stop by New York to induct a bunch of guys from Birmingham, England (they're called Black Sabbath, you might've heard of them) into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It took us all of 3/4 of a second to say "fuck yeah!!"

Black Sabbath wrote the book on heavy music, and like many other snot-nosed kids, we read it religiously over and over again. For all of us in Metallica, Black Sabbath are a major influence not only on our music, but on our lives, and as you can imagine, we're psyched to join Bill, Geezer, Ozzy, and Tony for the induction ceremony on Monday, March 13.

Not only will we be inducting Sabbath, we are going to make a humble attempt at playing some of their songs live in front of the gathered masses, including, most humbling of all, the four members of the band themselves.
Interesting....
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6657|Land of the Very Cold

silentsin wrote:

Metal is actually stronger than it has ever been. What died in the late 80's were the stupid glam rock, make-up and hairspary bands. then grunge and alternative came along and claimed the spotlight metal had. Metal has simply gone a bit more underground, with a faithful fan base.
Slayer came in Montreal 3 times in 1.5 years, selling out the place all three times, we've got Metallica came and had to add a 2nd night (selling close to 20000 tickets both nights), and same goes for Maiden who came 3 times I think nearby Montreal. And now we've got a wave of European Power Metal coming around here with names such as Nightwish, Helloween, Gamma Ray, DragonForce, Kamelot, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica. Although they are coming to play in smaller venues (max 8000 seats), all shows are sold out.

Metal is imply not a mainstream, flavor-of-the-month type of music. Many bands/styles come and go, but that one stayed. And who needs MTV ? Nobody... Leave that to the Hip-Hop music so they can show their pretty rented cars and glod-platted plastic chains. Metal is there to stay and ain't dead.

Why would Cannibal Corpse, to name one, be selling over 1 million records (all albums included) without any TV or Radio help? Because they've got real fans who buy the music for what it is, and enjoy the work of those bands, not the hot tune on the radio that will be out-of-date by next weeks paycheck. They like whole albums.

That's my rant for today, no offense, just my point of view on the subject.

What is good about metal, is that most bands (except maybe Norwegian Black Metal) don't take themselves seriously. They rock, they scream, but they are normal people outside of that.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6657|Land of the Very Cold
And also, I forgot... it's not because Metallica has gone mainstream, light-hearted, that metal is dead. The metal scene does not revolves around them. They've been there, and they've done that. I think they're simply exploring new horizons to please themselves, and that is it. They've made quite an impact on the scene, and toured a 300+ dates Wherever I May Tour tour after the self-titled album in 1991-1993. They simply move on, and handing the steering wheels to newcomers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard