CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6510

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

baggs wrote:

Well, anyway, the server is up and running, we had a few rounds last night and it was quite enjoyable. You will find us at 193.93.45.203:16569. You are all most welcome providing you don't turn up just to cause trouble in any way, shape or form

Basic stuff;

Rules are, no spamming nades, clays C4 etc....and try not bunny hop so much. FF on 100% including mines

Maps include, but do not limit to: Oman 16, Songuha 16, Kark 32, Sharqui 32, Jala 16, Mashtuur 32.

Server is currently set to IO, my clan much prefer the ease at which you can just join the server and play, also some are new to the game post IO. I and a few others do like vehicles tho, and we will decide on some maps that people suggested here.

Look forward to seeing you
Expect me on there (sounds like much fun). Also expect my gang of normal BF2 buddies on there soon!
count me in
RiCKRoLLd
+6|6179

hintakaari wrote:

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

hintakaari wrote:

HEY!  i have always dreamed about server where G36 and nadespam are NOT allowed
Play WoW. It's like that.
u have brain damage or something?
I r smart.

No, I don't. I was just being an asshole. <3
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5921|Minneapolis, MN
Here's what I've learned from running a server, you have to have rules that are easy to enforce and not rules that are only enforceable if it happens to an admin.  For instance, a no camping rule can't be enforced unless an admin is the one getting camped, unless of course you just take the word of any player who says they are getting camped.  Another rule that can't be enforced unless an admin sees it personally is bunnyhopping.  Are you really going to kick someone because someone on the other side of the map is complaining about someone else bunnyhopping?  That kind of blind admin is rather dumb in my opinion.

My point is that if you make a rule, you better damn well be prepared to enforce it every time, otherwise people in the server will bitch to no end.  Don't give them rules that they will complain to admins about if you can't easily enforce it.

I run a 64 slot, all maps server with vehicles.

Our server has 3 main rules:
1.  No attacking uncaps with vehicles (Autoadmin takes are of this for us, so it's always enforced, every single time)
2.  No attacking uncaps with artillery (you can easily see this on the map if your commander does it, you don't have to be at the site of it)
3.  No raping the TV station with the chopper on Sharqi without all other flags captured (pretty easy to enforce because you can see where your chopper is on your map if you're MEC, and if you're on US, you're usually somewhat close to TV station to see if it's happening, pretty easy to tell anyway, this rule really helps make that map more balanced)

I'd say we now get very few complaints with this rule set in place.  The other rarer occurrences of redlining and force TK'ing are never allowed, but are of course harder to enforce.  Those rules go without saying though and happen pretty rarely.

Creating rules that aren't easily enforceable is worse than having no rules.  Admins can't be perfect, so don't create rules that force them to be.  Just my advice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard