McCullough
+7|6827
Tested the new  patch 10min ago, an my buddy (zevlix) got the veteran sniper badge when he hit 15 kills IAR he dont play as a sniper much and have not used that kit very much so i think the requriements for the vet badges is somewhere around 15-20h as that kit.
Newbie_*DF-R*
+0|6801
I think so too. I Got the vet. Medic and Eng combat and some ribbon I cant remember without meeting the pre-1.03 requirements
BigWhompaOne
+10|6769
This is such BS i cant stand it
BigWhompaOne
+10|6769
why dont they just give us all the badges now!
Newbie_*DF-R*
+0|6801

BigWhompaOne wrote:

This is such BS i cant stand it
It COULD be that those vet/expert badges are required for some of the higher ranks? In that case I don't see the BS factor at all, since 250-500h per class just to get the vet. ones seem a bit steep for my liking
Ravlen
+0|6769
No, it isn't BS, it's smart game design. This way, the average player will have Vet badges for the kits he plays regularly. Hardcore players will have Expert badges for the kits they use regularly, and possibly some veteran badges for the ones they plan infrequently.

This way the majority of players will get more awards over time. A couple veteran badges, after a couple weeks maybe an expert badge. Much more interesting than getting *maybe* 1-2 veteran badges after 4-5 months (250Hrs per kit, or 500Hrs for support kits), and *never* getting an expert badge (not counting pistol/knife/explosive)

Ravlen
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6776|Hanging onto the UAV
Ravlen is right. Just stop and think for a sec:

Yes - the rank points are now lower, as are the requirements to get various badges, but now we have Officer ranks after all the Sgt/Sgt Maj/Sgt Maj Corps ranks. These will no doubt require all the basic/expert/vet badges, plus a hefty chunk of hours spent playing.

This way, people are getting more rewards, and in less time, thus increasing the enjoyment of playing.
BigWhompaOne
+10|6769
So when do you think BF3 will com out Ravlen, cuz people will be playing till then probably another 3 years at least. And Its BS because your stilla newb at this game with your 50 hrs, and dont deserve any unlocks vs the 2 or three you will get tonight. F the Average player, because thats all he'll/She'll ever be is average. you should never center anything around the average unless your running for president.
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6832|TX

AnarkyXtra wrote:

Ravlen is right. Just stop and think for a sec:

Yes - the rank points are now lower, as are the requirements to get various badges, but now we have Officer ranks after all the Sgt/Sgt Maj/Sgt Maj Corps ranks. These will no doubt require all the basic/expert/vet badges, plus a hefty chunk of hours spent playing.

This way, people are getting more rewards, and in less time, thus increasing the enjoyment of playing.
Ditto
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6809
Seriously, do you honestly think you'll gain more skill in any way by the time you reach 250 hours? This game isnt that complicated and I know everything there is to know about being a medic now, and nothing will change from now till 50,000 hours of play. I think it's okay.

You gotta realise most of us have lifes too, and just because we dont play much doesnt mean we dont have the same if not better skill at something.

Oh, and from what I see all those top noobs are just whores.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-04 14:16:25)

ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6823|Sheffield, UK
the time requirements are seeming a lot better now. You are seeing people with medals other than the gold,silver,bronze and purple.

if it is 15 hours and X kills IAR for vet I should get all the vet badges rather quickly.
McCullough
+7|6827
The enoying thing is last night before the patch i killed like 35 people as a sniper IAR (the best sniper round i ever played). If i had done that round this night instead i probobly would have been awarded with the expert sniper badge.
CBRad929
+1|6773
Badges?  Badges!?!  We dont need no stinking badges!

<ok paraphrased from the movie, but you get my drift> 

Edit:  Cookie to the first person that knows the movie, and it wasnt Blazing Saddles. 

Last edited by CBRad929 (2005-10-04 15:17:15)

CBRad929
+1|6773

ProfLiebstrom wrote:

purple.
Please dont make me take a purple. 
Ravlen
+0|6769

CBRad929 wrote:

Badges?  Badges!?!  We dont need no stinking badges!

<ok paraphrased from the movie, but you get my drift> 

Edit:  Cookie to the first person that knows the movie, and it wasnt Blazing Saddles. 
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Gimme my cookie!

Ravlen
Chanquad
+-1|6777|Sweden
Dont you guys think that Dice/EA has just taken away a 0 from all the time based awards?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6836|"Frisco"

No. I have the new reqs and will be updating UBAR in short notice.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6832|Waikato, Aotearoa
After reading this post, I think that Revlan does have a point ppl. I for 1 dont care if I get Vet. and Expert Assult (i think the kit is crap, and was soooo glad i got my basic. Means i NEVER have to use it again........)
But I DO care about getting my Vet and Expert Medic and 1st Aid badges.......
Buzerk1
+44|6825

chuyskywalker wrote:

No. I have the new reqs and will be updating UBAR in short notice.
That will be interesting to see those... and should reduce the number of posts
Ravlen
+0|6769
Yeah, my only hope is that they removed the hour requirement from the 3 support badges. Needing 250 hours for a combat badge was silly, needing 500 hours for a support badge, for the SAME KIT, was downright idiotic.

Come on Chuy, don't dissapoint me! (I know you are only the messenger)

Ravlen
Miakei
+1|6812|Los Angeles, CA
BigWhompaOne, of course they are going to cater to the average players. Who do you think makes up the largest target demographic? EA is publishing games for the money. So they make it easier for the average player *me*, and those players tell their friends about how GREAT the game is now, and have them feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside for getting badges. I don't think game companies will make much money catering to the hardcore gaming crowd...unless you are willing to pay $200-250 per game so they can keep the profit margin at an acceptable level.

Last edited by Miakei (2005-10-04 16:15:51)

fizz85
+1|6778|Voice of reason
I just got the Vet Command badge. I got it when my score was between 36-39 and about 25-30 mins in the map. I have something like 1150 points as commander. Hope this will help clarify somethings for you guys. If you are interested in this badge.

Oh yea... You do not get TK from arty and you do not get kills for arty. It will only register your personal kills.
Miakei
+1|6812|Los Angeles, CA
Fizz, well that's kinda cool...I mean, it sucks that you don't get points for a strategically placed Arty drop.
But the trade off is no TK...
But why does it seem that instead of raising the standard, they just took the simple way out?
Mike233
+0|6784
yea im very very happy to see that the badges and all have been lowered because i would say befor it would have been impossible for someone to get everything wich would make the game less fun i think.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6828|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
part of me is pissed because i put so much time into what i had and now everyone can just have their pick and part of me is happy because now i'm earning all kinds of fun stuff.

tonight alone: i moved from cpl to gunny, earned my time in theater for China (already had MEC) and earned vet. command and vet. medic badge

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard