GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA
Golf is very fun, but I doubt it qualifies as a "sport."  If it does, my favorite sport is BF2, followed closely by picking lint out of my belly button (my handicap is 3.6 balls of lint and half a Dorito).
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

GravyDan wrote:

Golf is very fun, but I doubt it qualifies as a "sport."  If it does, my favorite sport is BF2, followed closely by picking lint out of my belly button (my handicap is 3.6 balls of lint and half a Dorito).
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

GravyDan wrote:

k
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6690|Scotland

i g wrote:

GravyDan wrote:

k
0_o
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
Golf is a lot of fun... I play a lot and have gotten better by playing Tiger Woods golf 08....
Love is the answer
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Golf is a lot of fun... I play a lot and have gotten better by playing Tiger Woods golf 08....
i challenge you to a game
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478

GravyDan wrote:

ha...haha...hehe...haha....heh...hehh.

you make me lol.
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

Canadianloser wrote:

GravyDan wrote:

ha...haha...hehe...haha....heh...hehh.

you make me lol.
poker takes no skill
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Jackabo
+127|6529|Dublin, Ireland
I've been playing since I was very young, about 7 was when I got my first set of clubs. I stopped playing after a year but when I was a little older me and my dad entered in the father and son competition in my golf club and one first time round. I also got a prize for closest to the pin. I stopped playing all of last year but I'm back now. Got a birdie on my first day out on a proper golf course and thats inspired me to play as much as I can which is about 3 rounds a week cos im pretty busy already. Golf is a great sport. It's fun to play and fun to learn and the feeling of hitting an amazing shot or getting a birdie or a eagle is amazing.

Golf > all other sport
Slarty
+37|5935|Ingerland
I play, but not as regularly as I'd like, too many other commitments. Best round was 82 on a par 70, but the last round I played (and only one this year) I didn't even break 100 It was ugly
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville
I play on occasion. I've been playing since I was 6 and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to take lessons and have my swing all screwed up with me trying to do new stuff. I don't know my handicap but I play bogey golf and score about 2 pars per 9. I know it sucks but I enjoy playing golf and meeting new people on the course. I am actually going to play tommorow. Wish me luck
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
I played once and it was quite fun.

I dont think I subtracted any scores (so that was without a handicap) but I golfed 109 total on a regular course

Not sure how good that is, I was 10 strokes above my step dad and I thought I was sucking quite a bit
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6084|SC | USA |
I started when I was six. It actually pissed me off that the age required to play the courses with my Dad were 13. I was limited to the range until my dad got out of the air force and we moved to SC. It's been my favorite sport for as long as I can remember. My handicap wanders between 15-20, as its the off season (I'm on my highschool team), and I don't play as much. (4-5 times a week during the season; 2-3 off season)

Highschool Golf FTMFW.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5718|Croatia
There aren't many golf courses here in Croatia(most of them are on islands) and I'm not rich enough to buy equipment and attend lessons.Mini golf is for us mortals.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6078|Birmingham, UK
Yes. Every week, or, most weeks.

Are we counting crazy golf?

Last edited by SEREVENT (2008-08-07 02:50:09)

0akleaves
+183|6584|Newcastle UK
play it occasionally but never got a handicap.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i g wrote:

you really keep that accurate of an account of your handicap o_0
I don't believe him.  I'm about a 20 or so, but I don't play as much as I used to.  Use to try to get out at least once a week, then once a month, now I'm lucky if I go a few times a year.
Wow Ken, that's a bit of a statement you got there... A handicap of 17.3 is quite likely, if not quite easy to get once you play a bit...
I had a handicap of 12 before I got seriously pissed off at the sport... that and the fact that a guy tried to hit me with a golf ball...

5 of my friends have had handicaps below 5, so hearing that he has one of 17... it's highly plausible.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

my parents don't play at all, my friends go out and play/don't invite me because i'd suck too much the first times = i havent played
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

haffeysucks wrote:

my parents don't play at all, my friends go out and play/don't invite me because i'd suck too much the first times = i havent played
Some friends you have. How the fuck do they figure you'll get better if they don't bring you with them and give you advice on how to play?

I hava HCP 45

Should play more. Atleast go play on that nine hole par 3 course that's a few miles from my place. So then when I go those few times a year to play all 18 I could drop my hcp.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Ultrafunkula wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Some friends you have. How the fuck do they figure you'll get better if they don't bring you with them and give you advice on how to play?

I hava HCP 45

Should play more. Atleast go play on that nine hole par 3 course that's a few miles from my place. So then when I go those few times a year to play all 18 I could drop my hcp.
HCP 45 isn't possible O,o

maximum is 36.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Ultrafunkula

Jenspm wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

I hava HCP 45

maximum is 36.
Umm... don't it start from 54?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Jenspm wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

I hava HCP 45

maximum is 36.
Ok, maybe I wont believe you anymore. Your handicap is whatever you shoot, there isn't a maximum. It's like getting 10% in an exam, you still got 10%, but you don't get an award or a grade.
In most golf courses, the max handicap SHOWN on a HCP sheet is 36, but your personal handicap can be anything above it. The 2 golf courses I go to show both the real handicap and the max. allowed handicap.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zimmer wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

I hava HCP 45

maximum is 36.
Ok, maybe I wont believe you anymore. Your handicap is whatever you shoot, there isn't a maximum. It's like getting 10% in an exam, you still got 10%, but you don't get an award or a grade.
In most golf courses, the max handicap SHOWN on a HCP sheet is 36, but your personal handicap can be anything above it. The 2 golf courses I go to show both the real handicap and the max. allowed handicap.
well, at least in Norway:

To get an established handicap you have to play two rounds over 32 points and one round over 36 points from a handicap of 36. You then get a handicap and it is not possible to go over 36. Say, you get 36 points on the best round of your "qualifying" rounds. That gives you a starting handicap of 36. Normaly, if you shoot a round under 32 points, you go up 0.2hcp (iirc). However, when you are at 36 hcp, it is impossible to continue to go up, it stays at 36.

I guess you could say that you have an unofficial HCP of 45, but that is definately not the norm in Norway. In Norway nobody says they have a handicap until they've "qualified" as I explained above. If they haven't qualified, everyone says they have a "green card", which is a card stating that you are qualified to play a round on a golf course.

I understand that you can say that you play to a 45hcp, I've just never heard someone say that before. Different norms in different countries, I guess
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Ultrafunkula

Jenspm and Zimmer and Me wrote:

FORE!
Yup. Ours start at 54 but the 36 thingy is the one shown on courses here too. Basically I just got the greencard by paying a caddiemaster friend of mine 100€ and attending two evenings of his golf courses and that was it The word was also that the number won't go above that no matter how bad you play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard