{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6680|In You Endo- Stoke
[random source]As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a suboptimal intellectual level all of the time.
OH SHI
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California

MeAndOnlyMe wrote:

Presence wrote:

ROFL, there is no physical dependancy to marijuana, sorry.
No. Marijuana does pose physical and mental dependency.

Not really bothered to start debate here but I'll find better source when I get the time. Or I might translate some researchs.

Marijuana
THC
This' rather old info -- but still somehow informative.
That link says nothing about physical dependency...

Physical dependency is not the same as addiction...Its a part of addiction but your body doesn't NEED THC after using for too long.

I've smoked for a long time, and I will say its relatively addicting. I would honestly rather say its more of a habit then an addiction...but I don't want to sound like I am trying to down play things.

I have known plenty of people who don't smoke all too often, but for the people who start getting in the habit of of smoking everyday it is hard for them to not smoke when they can.

But when you have a GOOD reason to, its really not that hard to quit. That why people say its not addictive. It is in the sense that it can be hard not to smoke when you have it or its available, but unlike a lot of other addictive stuff if its taken away from you it may be a minor annoyance, and after a week you won't really care.

The people who just go "Dude, I am gonna quit smoking weed" probably won't... the people who need to stop for a job interview, are broke, ect. won't really have too much of a problem in all honesty.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
I regret reading all 5 pages of this shit...

Anyway to say you were curious about it you sure were quick to not do it. It took like what, 1 and a half pages to change your mind? Part of me thinks you never had any intention to do it...
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
Probably a good decision to not smoke now, as 15 is a bit young. However, go ahead and try it when you feel ready. I told some friends I would when I was 14, and it took me until 5 months ago to actually smoke. I'm almost 20 now. Just feel it out for yourself. Don't be pressured. It will only be fun if you want to do it and have an open mind.

Oh yeah and Audiosurf is fucking awesome mixed with a little pot.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
Do it in the woods. And you will shit bricks.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord

djphetal wrote:

Probably a good decision to not smoke now, as 15 is a bit young. However, go ahead and try it when you feel ready. I told some friends I would when I was 14, and it took me until 5 months ago to actually smoke. I'm almost 20 now. Just feel it out for yourself. Don't be pressured. It will only be fun if you want to do it and have an open mind.

The rainbow map on Mario kart is fucking awesome with pot. I didn't have a clue where I was and got hit by that Shark every lap...
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon

jord wrote:

djphetal wrote:

The rainbow map on Mario kart is fucking awesome with pot. I didn't have a clue where I was and got hit by that Shark every lap...
Mario Galaxy is amazing when high. Actually, anything on the Wii is amazing. If you can stand the movement.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

You're a fucking retard. Sorry, but I had to say it. I hate anyone who does drugs.
It's possibly the stupidest thing you could do, just to look 'cool'.

It's a total waste of time and health.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-07-31 12:10:08)

jord

Ryan wrote:

You're a fucking retard. Sorry, but I had to say it. I hate anyone who does drugs.

I'm not going to point out why you're wrong on 2 different things there because you won't listen. Actually technically 3 things.

Educating yourself is fun.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Smoking weed when self educating is more fun.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
kn0ckahh
+98|6739|netherlands, sweet lake city
yeah i had my first jonko when i was about 15 years old, did it with a couple of friends, we still do it from time to time.
1,5 years later i had my second. now i enjoy it from time to time but I do have to say that 15 is to young to start.
here in the Netherlands weed is easy accessible and more kids are smoking, most of them are doing it because they think it's cool.
If you want to do it be sure that you have enough discipline to wait a very tong time before you try it again even if you like it.
I think that you have a higher risk of becoming a frequent smoker if you start out that young.
aimless
+166|6126|Texas
Of course your breath is going to smell, just don't blow smoke all over your clothes and you'll be fine.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon

Ryan wrote:

I hate anyone who does drugs.
I thought the exact same thing for the first 18 years of my life, but at some point you realize that it's not "just to look 'cool'."
There is a reason that people do drugs. There are actually many reasons, the least of which, to me, are looking cool. I don't look cool smoking, I don't look cool drinking, but I do those things.
And don't you think you're wasting your time hating people just because they do drugs? You're gonna make a shitload of enemies, and be a real joy at parties if you maintain such a judgmental attitude towards something as commonplace as smoking marijuana.
kn0ckahh
+98|6739|netherlands, sweet lake city

Ryan wrote:

yeah some people do it because they it makes music sound better, food tastes better, sex feels better etc etc.
I never thought it was cool, I actually think I'm less attractive because I smoke weed but still I enjoy the effect.
I smoke sometimes and work very hard for my money and education (not a lazy couch potato)

and hating people you don't know is a bad thing, you should stop generalizing people. don't judge someone you don't even now
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon

Ryan wrote:

I hate anyone who does drugs.
ill keep that in mind.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Ryan wrote:

Medically, weed saves lives. Weed is fine dude, but if youre doing it to look cool (Same as drinking and smoking). Then you're a dumbass. But if you do it for fun, just don't do some dumb shit while you're high
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Medically, weed saves lives. Weed is fine dude, but if youre doing it to look cool (Same as drinking and smoking). Then you're a dumbass. But if you do it for fun, just don't do some dumb shit while you're high
Weed saves lives? No.

Try it, figure out it is no big deal, and move on.
Lynx14
+41|5972

SEREMAKER wrote:

I was waiting for someone to post this.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Lynx14 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Yeah, but a more realistic chorus to that particular song would be "then I smoked crack".
Ryan

I understand people do drugs to 'get away' from the issues in their life, but when you smoke weed at the age of 15 or 16 at a party just to look cool and have fun, I think it's absolutely stupid.
13rin
+977|6480

Lynx14 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I saw him at FSU.  He is actually pretty badass on guitar.  However he was also offensive as hell.  I hadn't heard the song about how he bangs the white sheriff's daughter until that night (I had most of his stuff).  He wasn't invited back.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6526|dunno

Stimey wrote:

Make sure you dan't have any plans all day.
It will depress your whole muscular/nervous system, so sit around on the couch and eat.

Everything you do will be funny.
Tbh it only lasts for about a hour so. Yeah and don't smoke in your house unless you want your parents to find out, it will make your whole house stink.
Ryan

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

maybe ill try it when im older. I dont wanna be the one to burn down the forest.
I was reading through the other pages and came across your decision that you'll ignore the call.
Good idea man, sorry for calling you a retard.

I just hate that all my good friends are turning to this whole drug phase. It pisses me off.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

any of you guys done it before?
you feel like youre gunna be sick, but not really, plus you cant feel your legs, just dont do it too much.
lmao so true. first time i got high i had waaaaaaay too much and i was sitting there massaging my legs to keep them there and making sure i could still feel them.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6406|Earth

kn0ckahh wrote:

yeah some people do it because they it makes music sound better, food tastes better, sex feels better etc etc.
I never thought it was cool, I actually think I'm less attractive because I smoke weed but still I enjoy the effect.
Smartest thing I have read all day.
Signature

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard