Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

https://i38.tinypic.com/2n67w35.jpg
Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic
has said that he would conduct his own defence
throughout his genocide trial before the UN's Yugoslav
war crimes court.

Karadzic appears at UN war crimes tribunal
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic appeared at the U.N.'s Yugoslav war crimes tribunal for the first time Thursday, telling the judge he would defend himself against charges of genocide and crimes against humanity.

"I am not interested in having someone else read the indictment to me," he said. "I would rather receive the new indictment that has been announced and have sufficient time to study it and then have my initial appearance for that and enter my plea."

Prosecutor Serge Brammertz confirmed that he was planning to amend the indictment but gave no further details.

Orie scheduled a new hearing on Aug. 29 at which Karadzic will have to enter pleas. If he does not, the court will enter not guilty pleas for him.

Karadzic then identified himself by stating his name, date and place of birth. He also gave his most recent address as his family home in Pale, Bosnia, but also gave the address of the apartment in Belgrade where he was living under an assumed name before his address.

Wiki excerpt of the Srebrenica massacre
Arrival at Tuzla

Only a few journalists were present to witness the arrival of the column in Bosnian-held territory after its eventful march across country, as most attention was being devoted to the reception of the women and children at the airbase in Tuzla. The few items that appeared in the press and on television described the arrival of 'an army of ghosts': men clad in rags, totally exhausted and emaciated by hunger. Some had no more than underwear, some were walking on bleeding feet wrapped in rags or plastic, and some were being carried on makeshift stretchers. There were men walking hand in hand with children; many were still visibly frightened. Some were delirious and hallucinating as a result of the immense stress they had endured. One soldier began to fire on his own unit as they arrived in Baljkovica and had to be killed to prevent further bloodshed; the medical station set up by the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Međeđa handed out large quantities of tranquillizers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6335|tropical regions of london
why do serb leaders look so weird.  they have huge heads.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6509|USA
as discussed in Fog of War, i've always found it fascinating how victors in warfare determine the war-crimes of those they defeat.

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2008-07-31 09:33:28)

jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
Nice suit asshole.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

my suggestion? shoot him in the back of the head and bury him in an unmarked grave.

meh, instead, we'll probably have to pay for his incarceration through taxes. Oh well, one down, a lot to go....
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

B.Schuss wrote:

my suggestion? shoot him in the back of the head and bury him in an unmarked grave.

meh, instead, we'll probably have to pay for his incarceration through taxes. Oh well, one down, a lot to go....
Back of the head is how people actually want to go. You don't feel shit as your brain is mashed in a split second.

People don't fear the tribunal because the punishments are laughable. Give people something to make them think twice before ethnically cleansing a race.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

God Save the Queen wrote:

why do serb leaders look so weird.  they have huge heads.
And ridiculous haircuts. Nonetheless, he's screwed big time.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6738|Mexico City
death is not enough what this guy deserves............
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Death x (infinity +1)?
13rin
+977|6470
I think I'd make him dig graves for the rest of his life.

*that is if I didn't beat him to death with the shovel first.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-07-31 12:40:41)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6174|Ireland
It is almost like he really really hated Muslims, what a fucking infidel.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
I can't believe he trimmed his fucking beard. It must have taken years to grow.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6335|tropical regions of london

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Death x (infinity +1)?
infinity +2
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6281|Éire

CameronPoe wrote:

I can't believe he trimmed his fucking beard. It must have taken years to grow.
I would have thought the whole long haired, bearded look would have helped break the mental association of him now and the image of him in the past when he was parading around on TV while the atrocities were being committed. Instead of looking like a friendly, wise old man he looks just like the old war criminal we all know and love again. It's harder to hate someone with as much vigour when they no longer fit the psychological picture in your head.

You would think as a psychiatrist he might have thought of that.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6619|IRELAND

I hope they string him up. He will probably stretch it out for years and will either take his own life or die of natural causes like his buddy Milosovich.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard