Commie Killer
+192|6389

LethalBIZzle wrote:

I have Orange box, with Hl2, Hl2 episodes 1 AND 2 on Xbox 360 and its way too short, although it is better than most of the 1st person shooters on 360, completed it once, never played it since. But it was ok while it lasted, episode 2 is great, the outdoor scenery is amazing. Oh plus Portal sucks ballbags.
Your probably the type that likes run and gun. Im more of drag the game out as long as possible, explore everything, listen to everything, etc. Just how you play.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6196|Schofield Barracks

OrangeHound wrote:

I think you need to spend some time in Ravenholm ... if you haven't been there, then you can't appreciate HL2.
I tired playin though it with only using the gravity gun. That didnt end well.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6633|New Hampshire, USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yeah, but to each his own. I loved all the boat stuff, because I'm the sort of anal adventure gamer that has to check every corner, talk to every person. (I love Zelda )

Ravenholm on the other hand was one of my least favorite levels in any game, after the first few minutes it was hard to tell where you were going and where you had gone because it all looked the same, and there wasn't nearly enough ammo to have fun with the zombies. Screw ammo conservation, I just want to blow some brains head tissue out of zombies.
That's part of the reason I like the episodes so much, they give you all the ammo you could ever need and let you go to town. I love the subway part in EP1.
The key to ravenholm was using the Gravity Gun. Those saws are REALLY useful for taking out a line of zombies.
Forgot about the saws, that was my favorite part in the entire game, better than the very end Spoiler (highlight to read):
with the super gravity gun

I tried taking a saw with me as far as possible, but I lost it about halfway through the level, and then I couldn't wait for it to end.
Once I lost the saw, I felt the same way... until i improvised

I found that cinder blocks are highly effective, along with other blunt objects
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Commie Killer
+192|6389
Theres about 80 saws in the whole level, along with about another 100 exploding barrels and a ton of random shit.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York
HL2 + Ep1 and Ep2 are easily the best single player FPS experiences I've ever had.

Edit: Also, Ravenholm isn't too bad when it comes to finding shit to throw at the zombies. I've never run out of things to use with the gravity gun in that level. Only use your guns when absolutely necessary and you should be fine. Also, the shotgun is your friend on this level. Don't be afraid to alt fire the zombies that have the poisonous headcrabs.

Last edited by heggs (2008-07-29 11:47:56)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland

heggs wrote:

HL2 + Ep1 and Ep2 are easily the best single player FPS experiences I've ever had.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5967|London, England

kylef wrote:

heggs wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Mutantsteak wrote:

kylef wrote:

heggs wrote:

HL1 + OpFor + Blueshift +HL2 + Ep1 and Ep2 are easily the best single player FPS experiences I've ever had.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hawkers
THOOOM
+9|5971|Maidenhead
HL2 & Episode 1 had too many zombies, like a retarded amount.
I loved Episode 2 though, imo it was sooooo much better than HL2 + E1 combined!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard