lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Not at all, I see it as if you have nothing you have nothing to loose, you have no ties to what you have worked for, only to what you were given.

Basically what I am saying is this, WHEN you have worked, paid your way, earned your possessions, your attitude toward life and those that want to sponge off of yours will change. Almost a guarantee.
Mine didn't.
Ditto. It is just an unfortunate part of reality to be accepted. My disposable income is ridiculous, complaining about sponging would be pretty damn vulgar when all I'd be doing with the money is pouring it down my throat on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night...
So you do not view it as EARNING your right to pour it down your throat as you see fit? you really view it as the govt. has the right to tell you that you have EARNED too much and therefore are not entitled to enjoy it?

Jesus
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551

lowing wrote:

So you do not view it as EARNING your right to pour it down your throat as you see fit? you really view it as the govt. has the right to tell you that you have EARNED too much and therefore are not entitled to enjoy it?

Jesus
Different strokes for different strokes lowing. We are less money-driven here in Europe. We tend to focus more on a balanced and comfortable life. There is no point debating the matter. American and European culture is like chalk and cheese. The sponging is the cost of living in a 'nicer' and 'less cut-throat' society. We've been down this road too many times to bother repeating it. Europeans are from Venus, Americans are from Mars.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Mine didn't.
Ditto. It is just an unfortunate part of reality to be accepted. My disposable income is ridiculous, complaining about sponging would be pretty damn vulgar when all I'd be doing with the money is pouring it down my throat on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night...

Jesus
I can't speak for Cam, but his comments reflect my opinion on the matter, so maybe my answer will reflect his.

Circumstance gave me money and circumstance took it away.

Then, as now, I did not and do not see it as right, in the world we live in, to ignore the underprivileged.

Instead, I see it as every individuals responsibility to do whatever he or she can to help.

If that means paying taxes so that others can live, that's fine by me.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Jesus
I can't speak for Cam, but his comments reflect my opinion on the matter, so maybe my answer will reflect his.

Then, as now, I did not and do not see it as right, in the world we live in, to ignore the underprivileged.

Instead, I see it as every individuals responsibility to do whatever he or she can to help.

You see it as "every individuals responsibility to do whatever he or she can to help." but I guess this does not include those doing the sponging.

and before you start, I have always advocated taking care of those that are not able to do it themselves or those that try and nee dthe help.

Now, proceed with telling me how Hitleresque I am
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jesus
Different strokes for different strokes lowing. We are less money-driven here in Europe. We tend to focus more on a balanced and comfortable life. There is no point debating the matter. American and European culture is like chalk and cheese. The sponging is the cost of living in a 'nicer' and 'less cut-throat' society. We've been down this road too many times to bother repeating it. Europeans are from Venus, Americans are from Mars.
I can not argue against that, Cam.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jesus

You see it as "every individuals responsibility to do whatever he or she can to help." but I guess this does not include those doing the sponging.

and before you start, I have always advocated taking care of those that are not able to do it themselves or those that try and nee dthe help.

I see no difference between what you call "spongers" and "those that are not able to do it themselves".

Do you think living off benefits is cushy?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I see no difference between what you call "spongers" and "those that are not able to do it themselves".

You do not see the difference? Really? How sad for you.

Nope, living off of welfare is not cushy, but if your lifestlye is just that, living off of the system, then it shows EXACTLY what kind of worthless piece of shit you really are, and why I do not want to help you.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, living off of welfare is not cushy, but if your lifestlye is just that, living off of the system, then it shows EXACTLY what kind of worthless piece of shit you really are, and why I do not want to help you.
So you acknowledge that living off benefits is hard?

And, if so, do you really think that people choose to make life that much harder for themselves?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

And, if so, do you really think that people choose to make life that much harder for themselves?
I think trying to build a quality of life is even harder than sponging, therefore the effort is not bothered with. They would rather go through life bucking the system taking what they can get and spend their lives trying to show how they have been kept down through no fault of their own. Yeah, this is easier than trying to get off your ass and find a way to better your situation. Blaming someone is wayyyyyyyyyy easier than NOT accepting your situation and doing something about it.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6353|CA, USA
helping those who can't help for themselves due to disability of some sort is one thing.  i just can't stand it when an otherwise able person doesn't try to get a job but rather collects assistance.  there is a fixed $$$ amount that we collect for these fees.  these people are essentially 'stealing' the money that would help the truly disadvantaged.

there was another thread on here about ADHD and the Michael Savage thing about Autism.  The point he was trying to make is that these things are overdiagnosed and hence eats up the fixed amount of money for people who are truly afflicted with this disorder. 

so what's left to do?  well, raise taxes that's what.  i already pay enough taxes.  when is enough enough?  are they going to stop when i pay 30%, 40%, how about 50% of my earnings?  when is enough enough?  that's my complaint.  instead of being a bit more efficient in spending money to bandaid the problem they should really fix the root-cause of them in the first place.

Last edited by CaptainSpaulding71 (2008-07-29 15:31:49)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I think trying to build a quality of life is even harder than sponging, therefore the effort is not bothered with. They would rather go through life bucking the system taking what they can get and spend their lives trying to show how they have been kept down through no fault of their own. Yeah, this is easier than trying to get off your ass and find a way to better your situation. Blaming someone is wayyyyyyyyyy easier than NOT accepting your situation and doing something about it.
Bullshit. We live in two of the richest countries in the world. Working is easy. Piss easy.

The level of unemployment goes up and down according to the prevailing state of the economic - when things are good, unemployment goes down, when they are bad, it goes up. This fact alone show that people who are unemployed do want to work and will take it when it is available to them.

Yes, maybe you get a handful of people that just don't want to work. But they're a tiny minority and they most certainly make absolutely no difference to the amount of tax you pay.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6624|IRELAND

If there was a machine for screening spongers from genuinely afflicted people it could be used to cut moneys from said spongers.

Until such a device is invented I am not prepared to abandon the people who genuinely need a hand up over the actions of spongers.

Last edited by JahManRed (2008-07-29 15:41:15)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bullshit. We live in two of the richest countries in the world. Working is easy. Piss easy.

The level of unemployment goes up and down according to the prevailing state of the economic - when things are good, unemployment goes down, when they are bad, it goes up. This fact alone show that people who are unemployed do want to work and will take it when it is available to them.

Yes, maybe you get a handful of people that just don't want to work. But they're a tiny minority and they most certainly make absolutely no difference to the amount of tax you pay.
working iseasy  Iagree, only when you have EARNED your credentials to go to workd however. I just didn't decide to fix airplanes, I hadda go to school for it.

Can just didn't decide to do what ever the fuck he does, he had to earn his place there, that is what is hard. and if it was as easy as you say, then there should be NO able bodied peoplewith a sound mind LIVING permanently on welfare should there? Yet, there is

http://tv.yahoo.com/extreme-makeover-ho … oreclosure

look at the second chance these people got. I should be so lucky, yet, they pissed it away.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

working iseasy  Iagree, only when you have EARNED your credentials to go to workd however. I just didn't decide to fix airplanes, I hadda go to school for it.

Can just didn't decide to do what ever the fuck he does, he had to earn his place there, that is what is hard. and if it was as easy as you say, then there should be NO able bodied peoplewith a sound mind LIVING permanently on welfare should there? Yet, there is

look at the second chance these people got. I should be so lucky, yet, they pissed it away.

your link wrote:

they received the loan for a construction business that failed.
at least find something that backs up your argument.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

your link wrote:

They recieved 500,000 bucks FOR FREE. It was a home, a place to live, and it was squandered. It was not given to them as a collateral for a loan, it was given to them so they could have a safe clean roof over their heads.

not even to mention "Beazer Homes' employees and company partners also raised $250,000 in contributions for the family, including scholarships for the couple's three children and a home maintenance fund."

The extra quarter million dollars they were given. A second chance squandered no ifs and or buts about it

Last edited by lowing (2008-07-29 15:49:03)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

your link wrote:

They recieved 500,000 bucks FOR FREE. It was a home, a place to live, and it was squandered. It was not given to them as a collateral for a loan, it was given to them so they could have a safe clean roof over their heads.
So, if you were given half a million dollars, you wouldn't spend it?

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-07-29 15:50:10)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

they were given more than that, I edited my last post. Tack on an extra 250,000 bucks in cash.

And to answer your question if I had half of a million bucks, my problems would be solved. I would not say I would be able to quit work, but my problems would be solved. I wonder how much education that family bought with all that money.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6353|CA, USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

diversify, diversify, diversify

they bet the farm on a business that went under.

they were advised by ABC to consult with a financial planner which they did not

they screwed up big time and lost their house.  hope at least their kids educations are still funded.  maybe 2nd generation can learn from this.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

If my views on the world suddenly changed because I'm now earning money and having to support those who can't\won't find work, then the views I have are not worth a grain of salt.

I understand that a small percentage will live off the system designed to help those who are truly in need of it. But they are not taking food out of those people's mouths. Just tax money from the wealthy. Tax money from those who can afford it. And it still means that tax money goes to where it is needed.

If your going to demonize the poor because a number decide not to work, you might as well demonize the upper echelon of income owners\earners because a few of them are tax cheats.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6554|Hungary
I dont have anything against other ethnic groups but when i wisited Bruxelles 2 weeks ago i was shocked!
Its a thing if you see black,arab,chinese people on the streets of Budapest (Hungary, middle europe) as they are a minoritiy. In Bruxelles i was surprised when i saw white people on the streets! They are maybe in minority or i just walked in the wrong place. All sort of asiatic then black or arabic people and it was not a good feeling to be surrinded by ugly gangsters (black people) who may attack you. Maybe its just me but i was total disapointed from the great Belgium. I know London also got major ethnic groups as i visited it in 2005.

So i ask myself what will europe became within the EU as all ethnic groups get mixed and it will become a miltiethnical mass.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6627|Finland

venom6 wrote:

I dont have anything against other ethnic groups

venom6 wrote:

it was not a good feeling to be surrinded by ugly gangsters (black people) who may attack you.
Your statements are quite the paradox.

I can't even begin to explain the wrong in your text.
I need around tree fiddy.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6286|Éire

venom6 wrote:

I dont have anything against other ethnic groups but when i wisited Bruxelles 2 weeks ago i was shocked!
Its a thing if you see black,arab,chinese people on the streets of Budapest (Hungary, middle europe) as they are a minoritiy. In Bruxelles i was surprised when i saw white people on the streets! They are maybe in minority or i just walked in the wrong place. All sort of asiatic then black or arabic people and it was not a good feeling to be surrinded by ugly gangsters (black people) who may attack you. Maybe its just me but i was total disapointed from the great Belgium. I know London also got major ethnic groups as i visited it in 2005.

So i ask myself what will europe became within the EU as all ethnic groups get mixed and it will become a miltiethnical mass.
I don't know whether it's the fact that English is your second language but your post reads quite offensive to be honest. You speak as though only white people have the right to be in the majority in any given area. You also seem to claim that all the black people you saw in Belgium were "ugly gangsters"...I can understand that they may have been dressed like gangsters (as in gangster rappers) as that is a common style in black culture, whether we like it or not; but ugly? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Were they all actually ugly or were they just ugly because they were black? Also can I ask you, did any of them ACTUALLY attack you? If not then it seems your misguided judgments about them were wrong.

I notice you are from Eastern Europe and I know that there seems to be a big racism problem in that part of the world, my friend was in Serbia recently and he was quite shocked by how openly racist many people were there...complete strangers would chat to him about how "too many black people lived in Ireland these days".

Again, I realise English may not be your first language and I may have you pegged wrong.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

JahManRed wrote:

If there was a machine for screening spongers from genuinely afflicted people it could be used to cut moneys from said spongers.

Until such a device is invented I am not prepared to abandon the people who genuinely need a hand up over the actions of spongers.
Good news!! There is such a machine. It is called medical records, tax records, employment history research.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

If my views on the world suddenly changed because I'm now earning money and having to support those who can't\won't find work, then the views I have are not worth a grain of salt.

I understand that a small percentage will live off the system designed to help those who are truly in need of it. But they are not taking food out of those people's mouths. Just tax money from the wealthy. Tax money from those who can afford it. And it still means that tax money goes to where it is needed.

If your going to demonize the poor because a number decide not to work, you might as well demonize the upper echelon of income owners\earners because a few of them are tax cheats.
You think that the poor that are too lazy to work are very few in numbers? You are naive. How many handicapped poor have you seen compared to those with 2 working arms and legs?

How many poor Americans do you see standing on the corner hoping for a day job to EARN money next to the illegal immigrants?

I do not demonize the poor, I demonize the lazy.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6286|Éire

lowing wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Good news!! There is such a machine. It is called medical records, tax records, employment history research.
You do realise that those things are all checked as part of the current systems in place here in Europe (or in Ireland at least)? They don't just throw money at you when you set foot in the welfare office.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard