killaer
+41|6718
Now, I know that good commanders who should be commended. Thsose who stick with the kids and drop supplies to the squad and ask you ifyou need arty.

I like it how the winning commander gets a 2x bonus.

I do NOT like it when this makes the commander get a gold medal.

IE Commander has 32 points and I have 60. He gets the gold medal, not I if we win. WTF? This is so gay...

If EA could make it that the 2x is not included in calculation of Gold/silver/bronze medals then I would be fine..does anyone agree with me?
Cpt.KillerToy12
Be Very... Very Quite... We're Hunting Rabbits
+29|6656|U.S.A
I do not at all.
Chaos81
+5|6688
I do. I hate it when things like that happen.
Cpt.KillerToy12
Be Very... Very Quite... We're Hunting Rabbits
+29|6656|U.S.A
Y if you play commander then you would get gold/silver/bronze
bEAv3D
+24|6694|Fayettenam, NC USA
At least the x2 bonus doesn't go towards their global score...
1tdiestoday
+2|6752
yes it does
Chaos81
+5|6688

Cpt.KillerToy12 wrote:

So you're telling me it's ok for someone to join as commander on a 16 person server with 300 tickets, do nothing but sit there, and end up with a gold medal because they joined the right server?

That's what I hate about it. Not so much on the big 64 person servers, because things it doesn't happen as much, but when you work your ass off and get a good score, then the commander who does nothing all round but sit there, gets a gold medal, it kind of drives you nuts.
bEAv3D

1tdiestoday wrote:

yes it does
No it doesn't, it goes towards your commander points, but not your global score.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|NÃ¥rvei

bEAv3D wrote:

1tdiestoday wrote:

yes it does
No it doesn't, it goes towards your commander points, but not your global score.
But actually it does !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
=FCS= GI*DumB$hiT
+0|6634|Ontario,Canada eh!
so what if your commander and after you get the 2x you get the gold THEN will you complain?

didnt think so
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
The whole point is that they get 2x average team score, therefore you need to do much better than team to get gold if ur not commander... which is kinda the point in the gold medal, u need to do great to get it...
bEAv3D

Varegg wrote:

bEAv3D wrote:

1tdiestoday wrote:

yes it does
But actually it does !
ok, this is how i see it....

add up your command, combat, and teamwork scores.  you would think that it would total your global score.  wrong, unless you've never won a round as commander.  i'll use mine for an example

1503(commander) + 7086(combat) + 3942(teamwork) = 12,531

my global score - 11,633

now, if you subtract roughly half of my commander score, assuming that i win everytime i play commander which isn't true, you would be a little closer to my global score.
RDMC_old
+0|6736|Almere, Holland

killaer wrote:

Now, I know that good commanders who should be commended. Thsose who stick with the kids and drop supplies to the squad and ask you ifyou need arty.

I like it how the winning commander gets a 2x bonus.

I do NOT like it when this makes the commander get a gold medal.

IE Commander has 32 points and I have 60. He gets the gold medal, not I if we win. WTF? This is so gay...

If EA could make it that the 2x is not included in calculation of Gold/silver/bronze medals then I would be fine..does anyone agree with me?
Well gold stands for remarkable performance so just get lots of more poinst then the cmdr
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
lmao.  I don't give a damn about the medals one way or the other.  I have had some taken away by the commander's 2x bonus, and I have gotten some from the 2x bonus.  I'm more interested in the win than the medal.
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6729|USA
i dont like tht the score helps them get a medal. i know a good comd is hard to find but i think if a player is in the heat of battle earning his/her points they shouldnt get their medal taken from someone tht was off in the outskirts. i really hate it when someone with a shit load of point on theor rank takes the comd spot and flies a helo or tank just to get a butt load of points, then if his team wins he get the 2x.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
what you havent included there beaved is your team damage/ team kills/ vehicle damage..

that'll quite quickly subtract from your score
bEAv3D

spawnofthemist wrote:

what you havent included there beaved is your team damage/ team kills/ vehicle damage..

wouldn't that just let you end up with a lower teamwork score at the end of the round?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
so your complaining about not getting a gold star???? stat padder
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

sHaDy6 wrote:

i dont like tht the score helps them get a medal. i know a good comd is hard to find but i think if a player is in the heat of battle earning his/her points they shouldnt get their medal taken from someone tht was off in the outskirts. i really hate it when someone with a shit load of point on theor rank takes the comd spot and flies a helo or tank just to get a butt load of points, then if his team wins he get the 2x.
that doesnt matter...

WINNING COMMANDER SCORE IS 2x AVERAGE TEAM SCORE
LOSING COMMANDER SCORE IS AVERAGE TEAM SCORE
propyl
+11|6699
i gotta go with beav on this one. Take my stats vs my buddy pizall here. we both have roughly the same amount of time, and close to the same amount of points if you go by straight totals. Pizall is a commander whore. I am a medic whore. Pizall should have roughly the same score going by your theory on commander points. Yet I am ahead of him. Just dont tell Pizall that or hell get wise and start beating my score again -. We couldnt figure out what the difference was until we looked at bf2player.com which shows you the subtracted difference on your stats page. Although I much prefer this site I dont think all of the info is correct. Such as but not limited to the number of hours required for SF ribbons. I dont know if our theory is 100% correct, but it is certain that Commander 2x does not seem to apply towards your total Global score. Other wise if you do the math where are the missing numbers going? It isnt team damage. Start watching and I think you will later agree.

In conclusion it seems that 2x is good for a Gold but thats about it. I would like to hear EA's exact definition of what 2x applies to.

Perhaps someone should create a new test account and track the 1x and 2x and see if those number match the given Global Score... food for thought.

Pizall Stats - http://bf2s.com/player/pizall/

Propyl Stats - http://bf2s.com/player/propyl/
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

bEAv3D wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

wouldn't that just let you end up with a lower teamwork score at the end of the round?
correct me if i'm wrong ( i probably am.. )

but if you end a round wiht negative points for kills / teamwork / overall score.. it will take them away from your global totals..
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6713|Norway

Chaos81 wrote:

Cpt.KillerToy12 wrote:

So you're telling me it's ok for someone to join as commander on a 16 person server with 300 tickets, do nothing but sit there, and end up with a gold medal because they joined the right server?

That's what I hate about it. Not so much on the big 64 person servers, because things it doesn't happen as much, but when you work your ass off and get a good score, then the commander who does nothing all round but sit there, gets a gold medal, it kind of drives you nuts.
Sure, that's understandable.. but if you managed to win a 16 player map without the active help of your commander (or with a good couple of friends) you'r extremely good!
The x2 bonus comes, after all, from helping the team win.. And I don't know about anyone else, but I use the UAV when it comes flying, and it really does work! (Who'd have thunk it?!)

IF the commander is sitting in some far-away place wanking and not doing his job you can just go lone-wolf, and at least your points won't go towards his

And for all you commanders out there who does a good job - keep at it!

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-03-03 16:12:01)

bEAv3D

spawnofthemist wrote:

bEAv3D wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong ( i probably am.. )

but if you end a round wiht negative points for kills / teamwork / overall score.. it will take them away from your global totals..
It may, but I know that I have not ended a round with negative points that total 700 or 800 points.  That would mean that you have had a total of over 2000 points at the end of your rounds.

Last edited by bEAv3D (2006-03-03 16:14:21)

aib73412
+0|6730|im from idaho but liven in MD
well im not like any other commander , as far as those that just sit on there ass and look at the screen and not fight, i acutally go and fight. I get more points when people actually use the supplie box. every time i sit my but down i get a low score and a loose for my team everytime i fight and command i get a higher score and most diffently a win. I get my golds every now and then but who friggan cares. IF your so concerned about getting gold the stay infatry and go fight and get it that way. Its not that hard to fight and command if you can not do it then practice till you can.

I know some of you will say commander should go crawl in a whole and look at that map, but i say differently because part of being a commander in real world time not gaming time is that you LEAD YOUR people into battle and you fight right along the side of them and then you come off the battle field with a win. I know it works if you find it does not work then i guess you need to figure out what works for you. I know what works for me besides that its just a game go have fun.
Crosell
+0|6670

aib73412 wrote:

well im not like any other commander , as far as those that just sit on there ass and look at the screen and not fight, i acutally go and fight. I get more points when people actually use the supplie box. every time i sit my but down i get a low score and a loose for my team everytime i fight and command i get a higher score and most diffently a win. I get my golds every now and then but who friggan cares. IF your so concerned about getting gold the stay infatry and go fight and get it that way. Its not that hard to fight and command if you can not do it then practice till you can.

I know some of you will say commander should go crawl in a whole and look at that map, but i say differently because part of being a commander in real world time not gaming time is that you LEAD YOUR people into battle and you fight right along the side of them and then you come off the battle field with a win. I know it works if you find it does not work then i guess you need to figure out what works for you. I know what works for me besides that its just a game go have fun.
Command or fight don't do both, leading your people in to battle HAHAHA. Please that is a lame excuse. You can't focus on two things espically when you are dead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard