polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6814|Singapore

Corrupt wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Same for planes?

Pilot FILES ONLY. WSO fires.
Pilot flies and controls the Cannon/ A2A missiles. But I think the WSO should control the bombs aswell.
Good enough, but the idea is so that no SINGLE vehicle user will be able to rack up the points as effectively as 2 in one. Just like solo tv missiling has to go.
Corrupt
+0|6866
Yeah that i agree with you on. In jets one person should maneuvre and take out the enemy air power then line up for bombing runs as the WSO launches the more accurate powerful bombs to kill the enemy(make it easier for them to aim/add a laser homing similar to the TV missile for minor adjustments)
vonSteuben
+3|6728|Essen - Germany

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

[Yes, and it was stupid. Because, People NEVER workes together. In the end, every tank was mand by ome man: The tanks guys drove to a camp position, switch to gunner and than wait... wait... wait...

On every hill was a tank camper.
But they where easy prey for the AT-Missiles, since they were not able to move to the driver's position fast enoughand move away from the missile (man they had some range and it was great to see the missile raise into the sky and hit the tank from above ) Too bad they later changed it that one AT-Rocket wasn't enough to take out a tank.

I had some nice times with a colleauge from work, when we manned a tank together and talked over Roger Wilco (yes, that was more widely used during that time).
Only wasn't sure anymore if the driver had the main gun as well, but I still have fond memories of the teamwork my mate and I did in the tanks  <sigh> Oh the days..... </sigh>

See ya,
vonSteuben
belikeron
+-1|6659
THe m1a1 and m1a2 I dont know about anti tank mines, we really never fight anyone that has them. I know the M1a1-2 can withstand most of the IEDs in Iraq unless its one of the really big ones, they have those ofcourse. Ive read to where the guy used 2 155mm artillary shells for his IED, that can take out a tank.

Alot of tanks are mine proof though since they put the mine blade on the front.

I personaly dont really like the idea of the Engineers mine being anti vehicle only, it should be anything like real mines!
JRVoss
+0|6669
" Does a mine in real life actually blow tanks up? <-- thats an actual question as I dont know if mines are really able to blow tanks to bits irl."

Depends on the tank and the mine and where the mine goes off. 
Most would go off under the tread.  Some have stick(for lack of a better word) like sensors protruding from their top, the tank goes over tips the sensor and the mine goes off under the tank, sending a shaped charge up into the middle.  boom dead tank.
JRVoss
+0|6669
"Yeah that i agree with you on. In jets one person should maneuvre and take out the enemy air power then line up for bombing runs as the WSO launches the more accurate powerful bombs to kill the enemy(make it easier for them to aim/add a laser homing similar to the TV missile for minor adjustments)
"
Dont we already have this in the fighter/bombers like the F15 ?
Corrupt
+0|6866

JRVoss wrote:

"Yeah that i agree with you on. In jets one person should maneuvre and take out the enemy air power then line up for bombing runs as the WSO launches the more accurate powerful bombs to kill the enemy(make it easier for them to aim/add a laser homing similar to the TV missile for minor adjustments)
"
No-The pilot drops his 5 bombs and kills everything while the gunner struggles to lock onto anythin. The gunner should control all the A2G weapons for maximum devastation and teamwork while the pilot handles A2A (maybe increase the driver kill assist to 2 points as encouragement since ou cant hit the ground)
JRVoss
+0|6669

Corrupt wrote:

JRVoss wrote:

"
No-The pilot drops his 5 bombs and kills everything while the gunner struggles to lock onto anythin. The gunner should control all the A2G weapons for maximum devastation and teamwork while the pilot handles A2A (maybe increase the driver kill assist to 2 points as encouragement since ou cant hit the ground)
I see what you mean.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard