• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • My Sister's Computer Is F**ked................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!1
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5875
ok, my sisters computer is a Fujitsu siemens Scaleo P. She got it 4 years ago. The specs at the top of my head are it is:-

1GB DDR ram
Intel Pentinium 4 HT, 3.4GHZ (SKT 478 i think, CPU-Z failed to tell)
250GB hard-drive
windows  XP

My sister only uses her computer for internet/email etc and word processing for her work.

now the problem is this, for some strange reason the computer doesn't want to boot into windows. It goes to the black screen were it asks you to choose safe mode etc and only safe mopde works. Now this has happended a few times in the 4 years and the only way i have fixed it is by re-installing XP again, but it is taking the mick as i have to back up everything again. It happens randomly witout warning.

thats all the info i have, what could be the issue?????
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6462

I am not sure if this work, but try system restore from the safe mode. Again, I don't know if you can do that. Just a suggestion.

I can't really think of anything else. Back-up your sister's data from the safe mode, and reinstall.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6467|The Twilight Zone
I had a thread for fixing black screen issues but I think its lost.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5875

r'Eeee wrote:

I am not sure if this work, but try system restore from the safe mode. Again, I don't know if you can do that. Just a suggestion.

I can't really think of anything else. Back-up your sister's data from the safe mode, and reinstall.
tried that, safe mode works but system reatore doesn't, its a issue that has happended for many years and its taking the mick tgb

Last edited by rammunition (2008-07-26 14:40:20)

Mavik
+22|5791|Germany
Remember:

Partition the harddrive next time.
Tell her to only save her data on the second drive.
And ghost her system partition to avoid complete new install in the future. (Which I strongly hope to remember next week, when I built my new system...)
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6634|Mhz

Could be a fudged driver, tried a step by step startup to see if you can find the point it stops at?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

Mavik wrote:

Partition the harddrive THIS time.
(Corrected)

But also, really really make a point of it - that she absolutely must use the second partition to save anything in - then next time it does it, just wipe the first partition, without backing it up, reinstall, and give it her back.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5915|California
Their are programs that will restore the HD to the state in which it was when you installed the proggy. She would learn to save onto the other partition if her data was suddenly gone.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6731|Riva, MD
That's definitely a socket 775, I don't believe they ever made them that fast on 478 and there was only ever a single kind on the 478 that used Hyper-Threading if 478 can even actually make use of it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Mavik wrote:

Remember:

And ghost her system partition to avoid complete new install in the future. (Which I strongly hope to remember next week, when I built my new system...)
If data is critical, regular backups to external media are about 10k* better than a 'backup' area on a hard drive.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6730
if you have another computer... you can try and hook up the drive from your sisters computer... and transfer the files you need...
than put hard drive back in sisters computer and reformat... did she add any programs or change anything recently?
Love is the answer
Mavik
+22|5791|Germany

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mavik wrote:

Remember:

If data is critical, regular backups to external media are about 10k* better than a 'backup' area on a hard drive.
Sure.
spuddy1981
+10|6376|england
If its a compaq / HP and you have updated xp to sp3 then yoou need to get a fix from microsoft called KB953356

Safe mode then delete sp3 then add patch then sp3 then all should be fine

Last edited by spuddy1981 (2008-07-27 00:14:30)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6211|Winland

_j5689_ wrote:

That's definitely a socket 775, I don't believe they ever made them that fast on 478 and there was only ever a single kind on the 478 that used Hyper-Threading if 478 can even actually make use of it.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mavik wrote:

Remember:

A backup partition is better than just having one partition, and is, unlike an external drive: Free of charge.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5919|CA

spuddy1981 wrote:

If its a compaq / HP and you have updated xp to sp3 then yoou need to get a fix from microsoft called KB953356

Safe mode then delete sp3 then add patch then sp3 then all should be fine

rammunition wrote:

ok, my sisters computer is a Fujitsu siemens Scaleo P. She got it 4 years ago. The specs at the top of my head are it is:-

1GB DDR ram
Intel Pentinium 4 HT, 3.4GHZ (SKT 478 i think, CPU-Z failed to tell)
250GB hard-drive
windows  XP
At least read the thread, spuddy1981.
----
Use your method you know will work for now, but see if Fujitsu has any support/tech pages on their site that might help solve your problem.   It might be a virus (doubted), Windows could be corrupted, is the copy you're using legit?  Other then that, I'm not completely sure how common your problem is...

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-07-27 16:41:14)

• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • My Sister's Computer Is F**ked................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard