N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5930|Somewhere out in Space

Sydney wrote:

Tap water outside of Iceland (At least the countries I've been too) tastes like shit. I live on soda and ice tea when abroad.

Tap water in Iceland is the best tasting water you can get in the world tbh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canora%2C_Saskatchewan

Went there to visit cousins for about a week, first time i didnt whore bottled water in years.  Hard water is fucking fail drinking water, and that is all i have, need another reason why people spend so much money on bottled water?
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke
I live in a hard water area and quite happily drink tap water all day long!

Last edited by {uscm}Jyden (2008-07-25 14:38:42)

Mavik
+22|5776|Germany

HurricaИe wrote:

Speaking of bottled water I have two bottles on my desk right now. One of them somehow froze in the fridge, yet the other one is just nice and chilly. wtf?
Where were they placed in the fridge? One below the ice-compartment and one in the inside of the door.

It is actually a science in itself to organize a fridge if you want to do it "right" - I saw something on TV sometime: do not put this next to that, this does not go in the door because it is warmer there, that does not belong in the vegetable tray...
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.

RDMC wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Tap water outside of Iceland (At least the countries I've been too) tastes like shit. I live on soda and ice tea when abroad.

Tap water in Iceland is the best tasting water you can get in the world tbh.
Never been to the Netherlands I guess? There is absolutely zero difference in bottled water and tap water here
Nope, only tap water I remember drinking was in Denmark and in Italy, both pretty hard

Tap water here is actually better than bottled water, so we win
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6473|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Tap water where i live is almost perfect IMO, i dont buy bottled water unless im on some sort of trip.
avman633
+116|6363

i g wrote:

i use the same bottle for a week or more and just refill it
Same Here

Last edited by avman633 (2008-07-25 14:58:27)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland
Finnish tap water is excellent so I only really drink bottled water abroad.

.Sup wrote:

Try Evian.
Worst water I ever had to drink. Not refreshing at all.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6258|B.C. Canada

Bert10099 wrote:

What is so great about it?  I ask you bottled water enthusiasts, how is it better than tap water?

Now, I'm not talking about the convenience of the bottle, and carrying it around.  I'm talking about the water itself.  Some people refuse to drink tap water.

I remember this conversation I had with a co-worker.  She asked if we had any bottled water.  I told her no.  She then told me, "Well, I don't want to drink this toilet water."  What?  Toilet water?  I asked her what she meant.  She said that she didn't want the tap water, since it could have gone to a toilet.  Well, tough shit for you lady, tap water is tap water, whether it goes to your toilet, to your shower, or to your faucet and into your body.  It's still clean, healthy, and is no better or worse than bottled water.

Bottled water is a waste of money, and I always lol when I see some idiot throwing away $50 on tons of gallon jugs of expensive "purified, reverse osmosis cleansed, added minerals for taste" bullshit water.

Tap water FTW.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7933/wateruw3.jpg
As a plumber myself I well tell you 1 good reason why BOTTLED wated is most likely better to drink than TAP water. Tap water come straight from pipes, most likely copper pipes. When a plumber puts the pips together with solder they do 2 things. 1:clean pipe with sand cloth 2:apply and ACID paste called flux. Now you may think so what it well get washed through eventually. HELL NO! flux is very high in acid and it does not leave the pipe! Try this, on the end of the faucet unscrew where the water comes out. There should be a grate type thing block all the shit from going through but it doesnt block everything.
Anyway my point is that tap water has alot of small nasty shit that doesnt get filtered out and bottled water does get filtered with charcol type filter I believe. So if you get a brita water filter or some other brand then just use that for tap water. Thats my reason why I prefer bottled water over tap water.
BlackKoala
+215|6324

i g wrote:

i use the same bottle for a week or more and just refill it

water all tastes the same to me (unless it's really nasty)
Yup, the gatorade/propel bottles with the twisty thingy for a cap work the best.
aimless
+166|6124|Texas
Doesn't tap water have to have many regulations on it, while bottled water has few? At least in the US.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

aimless wrote:

Doesn't tap water have to have many regulations on it, while bottled water has few? At least in the US.
I think so. Again, at least for me, the only thing I don't like about tap water is that the pipes are probably rusty as hell. Doesn't stop me from drinking it though...
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5790|Dublin, Ohio
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Beer > Tap Water > Bottle Water tbh.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Beer > Tap Water > Bottle Water tbh.
cool
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

There are many reasons why people prefer bottled water
- quality. When I lived in Gibraltar, our water had a very bad quality. Not recommended.
- taste. In some places (like Paris) tap water tastes crap. The chlorine you Americans put in your tap water is fucking nasty
- pipes. Rusty water isn't my thing. I wouldn't want to drink from lead pipes
- sparkling water > still water
- temperature. Water from the fridge is generally colder than tap water. Putting ice in can change the taste. Not everyones fridge automatically makes ice

Personally I have a carbonizer that also cools tap water. I cba to carry bottles to my place and refill the fridge.

Last edited by max (2008-07-25 16:03:07)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

Cider > *
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

max wrote:

Personally I have a carbonizer that also cools tap water. I cba to carry bottles to my place and refill the fridge.
Explain moar
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland
I like the mineral taste of evian, but dislike the taste of standard tap water because it usually isn't very cold, just ... cool. I have a filter in the house though which I run water through anyway and keep it in the fridge, so I only buy water if I need it.
max
Vela Incident

HurricaИe wrote:

max wrote:

Explain moar
water goes to a machine, machine adds CO2 to water and cools it, water goes to a faucet, water goes in glass
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5790|Dublin, Ohio

HurricaИe wrote:

max wrote:

Explain moar
like the shit they have in offices......oh wait.  nvm
Lynx14
+41|5970
Find out what's in your tap water.

http://www.ewg.org/tapwater/yourwater/
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

max wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

max wrote:

Explain moar
water goes to a machine, machine adds CO2 to water and cools it, water goes to a faucet, water goes in glass
where does one purchase such a piece of machinery?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
pssh brita filters.

my fridge filters tap water in the house (though the manual said you can also set it to take the water from huge containers cough keg cough), and it tastes fucking pure as anything.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
max
Vela Incident

HurricaИe wrote:

max wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Explain moar
where does one purchase such a piece of machinery?
Bought it at a store that sold me my kitchen. If that place doesn't have it, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
As someone who really only drinks water and juice, I feel I have a good voice for this topic.

Water does have different tastes. I dunno why, but it does. But for me, tap water is like you said, tap water. It's drinkable (In England it is, anyway). Bottled water for me is for when I can't get to a tap to drink any. Sometimes when I go a friend's house and they offer me a drink, when I say "Water", they usually pull out a bottle for me... I kind of feel bad for drinking a bottle of water that they spent money on when there's a tap with an almost infinate supply right next to me.

I'll just finish by saying this: People are stupid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard