sragoot
+3|6757
For one i like the new patch from a pilots point of view, it actually takes skill now to raid the essex without being hit by AAA or being blown up by it. The point im trying to make is youd think people that are less experienced at flying would be discouraged from piloting jets since 1.2 came out, but some people never learn. Take this guy that I ran into last night while i was playing, we where playing gulf of oman on the mec side and like usual I finished loading first so I got to choose which plane I wanted.

So I took the Mig and climbed to about 400 alt and did circles till everybody got finished loading, I could not remember the individuals name but I do remember he was a corporal. The funniest thing was he tked someone for the SU-34, then of course the kick votes start poping up. So I trailed this guy from about 400 alt and like a true novice heads straight for the essex on a nice straight level flight, not surprisingly he gets blown up straight away without him even firing a shot. 

Youd think anybody in there right mind would learn from their first mistake and change their game plan or something, but as I saw on the message board on the top left of the screen this kid kept getting killed by the essex over and over as the game wore on and the sad part was I think he kept tking for the SU-34 also. I checked his score and his k/d was like 5/22 at a score of -36.

I couldnt help it but laugh at this guys attempts to raid the carrier and fail over and over again, good thing we won though or else I wouldnt really found it that funny. Will ill give him credit he attracted those F-35s like no ones business, then little old me drop down from cloud cover and blew up the trailing F-35s that was on his six the enemy fighters never saw me coming, I got about 20 air to air kills this way. I think that makes me an ACE just kidding of course.

Last edited by sragoot (2006-03-03 08:22:15)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6675
Doesn't really take skill to raid the essex, you just need to approach from a different angle. 90 degrees from above, drop 2 bombs, then fly out into it's view. Many WTF?!s will ensue :p
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Torin
+52|6715
Yeah, the one way to spot a noob pilot on Oman is if the bomber goes straight to the Essex at the beginning, hell, really any point the round.

But, I see this kind of stuff every day. Waiting on a plane, some noob PFC beats me to it, takes off, gets shot down 4 seconds later, repeats. Nothing more frustrating than sitting and waiting for a plane, through multiple spawns, only to watch some noob pilot go 0-12 in an F-35B, killing no one but team-mates, and refusing to give up or learn to do things better. Everyone likes to learn to fly in multi-player, most of the time at the cost of their own team winning. Many a round I've lost because some noob, or a couple noobs were up in the skies, accomplishing nothing, getting shot down repeatedly, where good pilots never get the chance to shine.

But I will admit, one of the things I like about 1.2 is that noob pilots die easily, so I get more of a chance at the plane. Nothing worse than watching some noob pilot fly around all round, never die, never killing anyone, basically just being a complete waste of a player slot.
OpsChief
+101|6698|Southern California
Are you sure he wasn't working for the other team? He kept the SU34 out of action in a sense. Nobody is that stupid so I'd rather believe he was an enemy saboteur just to hang on to my last shred of faith in mankind......
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6675
I learnt to fly in the demo - where better to learn how to fly than a place where everyone is a newbie?

I completely agree with you torin, sometimes i actually TK people like that just to keep them out of the jets, for the sake of the entire team.

Also, 1.2 might have made it easier for a newb pilot to get shot down, but it also makes it much too easy for them to shoot you down! (although it is funny to watch them go back to the base as soon as their missles run out - ever heard of guns? ever been in a jet pre-1.2?)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Torin
+52|6715
LOL, nobody is that stupid? Heh, the majority of the world's population is that stupid. Faith in mankind? I wish..

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I learnt to fly in the demo - where better to learn how to fly than a place where everyone is a newbie?

I completely agree with you torin, sometimes i actually TK people like that just to keep them out of the jets, for the sake of the entire team.

Also, 1.2 might have made it easier for a newb pilot to get shot down, but it also makes it much too easy for them to shoot you down! (although it is funny to watch them go back to the base as soon as their missles run out - ever heard of guns? ever been in a jet pre-1.2?)
I learned to fly back in single player Desert Combat, so the transition to BF2 was quick.

Yes, it did make it so noob pilots can shoot you down, unfortunately. But, on the upside, most of the time a noob pilot is not very aware of his surroundings, and is shot down a lot easier. I will admit that when "dog fighting" another good pilot, taking them down, only to have some noob come up behind me and take me down, because I had no flares available is frustrating. "Dog fighting" against noobs in 1.2 lasts about 5 seconds on average, basically long enough to get lock, let them drop flares, re-lock and launch 2+ missiles. No noob ever shakes me.

One fun thing about flying with noobs is, you can use them as a shield against AA. Hell, the more I learn about the 1.2 AA and it's funky behavior, the more I'm getting the other team to tk their friendly aircraft. Nothing feels so good as chasing an enemy jet with 3 missiles left, not killing them with those 3 missiles only to hear an AA lock on you as you are still chasing them around with the MGs. Turn on the rear chase view, wait for the AA to come, drop flares and enjoy the Teamkill message for the poor dude in the ground AA.

Because if there is one thing I have learned about 1.2 AA, is that if you are the 2nd guy that the AA missiles relocks onto, you're gone.

Last edited by Torin (2006-03-03 09:06:05)

Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6697|Moscow, Russia
That little asshole got his purple heart, if he hadn't one already then ))
Doctuh
+6|6669
Try being the bomber gunner, you know there are all sorts of armor at the beach and the whole time you are saying 'NOOOOOOOO, not the essex!'. N00b!
Torin
+52|6715
Yeah, the beach is where the bomber should be patrolling. You own the beach, you win the game. If they can't hold a flag, then the Mig tears them apart trying to get to land.
sragoot
+3|6757

OpsChief wrote:

Are you sure he wasn't working for the other team? He kept the SU34 out of action in a sense. Nobody is that stupid so I'd rather believe he was an enemy saboteur just to hang on to my last shred of faith in mankind......
Youd like to think nobody is that stupid but sorry there is. I wasnt under the impression that he was working for the other side, cause the other side was more than happy to shot him down. If you think this is bad just keep playing youll find em and after a while you wont be surprised anymore. Its mostly azz hats missing up everybody elses game experience online.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard