c14u53w172
+31|5968|tomania
in case you have seen it, what do you think about it?

oh, here's the link

http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-33476.html

Last edited by c14u53w172 (2008-07-24 13:39:42)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
"If we're honest... we know that sometimes, on both sides of the Atlantic, we have drifted apart and forgotten our shared destiny."

Correct. Although I'm puzzled as to what he implies when he says 'shared destiny'.

"In Europe, the view that America is part of what has gone wrong in our world, rather than a force to help make it right, has become all too common."

Damn straight.

"renew the goal of a world without nuclear weapons"

Fatuous nonsense.

He called for global trade "that is free and fair for all"

Human avarice, corporate greed and the riches the west have already amassed thus far in history (our unassailable head start) mean fair trade is simply not possible or reasonable to expect. The west will keep itself top of the tree with the dregs simply scouring the dust for crumbs, relatively speaking.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-24 13:56:11)

Thorax
Banned
+77|5773

CameronPoe wrote:

"If we're honest... we know that sometimes, on both sides of the Atlantic, we have drifted apart and forgotten our shared destiny."

Correct. Although I'm puzzled as to what he implies when he says 'shared destiny'.

Fatuous nonsense.

Human avarice, corporate greed and the riches the west have already amassed thus far in history (our unassailable head start) mean fair trade is simply not possible or reasonable to expect. The west will keep itself top of the tree with the dregs simply scouring the dust for crumbs, relatively speaking.
Well at least he isn't promising to bomb the shit out of people for another 4 years.

Sheesh, you just can't please some people.  We could have Mother Theresa running for president and you guys would bitch about it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Thorax wrote:

Well at least he isn't promising to bomb the shit out of people for another 4 years.

Sheesh, you just can't please some people.  We could have Mother Theresa running for president and you guys would bitch about it.
He's my preferred candidate Thorax. He's about as good as it gets. I'm just being a realist, as is he on a few of his points.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-24 13:59:28)

rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831

Thorax wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Fatuous nonsense.

Obama did say he will bomb Pakistan without their consent (borders or something). Tbh he is different to the republicans and he is the step in the right direction for America
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

I can't wait till these guys debate. Neither one of them are good at it imho. Although Obama did sneak a few key digs into Clinton when they were going at it.. everytime I listen to McCain speak I hear crickets.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CC-Marley
+407|6798
He basically bashed America and sounded like he was running for the President of the world.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

CC-Marley wrote:

He basically bashed America and sounded like he was running for the President of the world.
Some would say he bashed what's wrong with America...
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831

CC-Marley wrote:

he "bashed" America because of the mistakes the U.S has made. The division between the U.S and Europe is huge due to Bush's/America's policy's. To build bridges again you got to acknowledge that mistakes on your behalf have been made.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6456|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

CC-Marley wrote:

He isn't?

The way the media portrays him you think he was running for that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

rammunition wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

he "bashed" America because of the mistakes the U.S has made. The division between the U.S and Europe is huge due to Bush's/America's policy's. To build bridges again you got to acknowledge that mistakes on your behalf have been made.
rammunition.. just the guy we need to tell us how to start the healing.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6331|Vancouver

Kmarion wrote:

rammunition wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

rammunition for President 2012. You'll just have to waive that 'born in the States' rule.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

The irony of speaking in front of the Victory Column is just awesome
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831

Kmarion wrote:

rammunition wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

lol

tbf Obama is trying more than McCain, If McCain is elected then god help us all. McCain is no different to Bush, just more of a war monger. Obama is without a doubt the best guy for the job. He knows they way America is seen in Europe etc he is the guy to build bridges. McCain the other day said that Putin was the president of Germany. God help us if you elect him. tbh if Obama is elected my view on the U.S will change
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Some would say he bashed what's wrong with America...
Exactly. You've got to admit to your faults before you can set about fixing them.....

There are things wrong with the US, just like any other country. They're just more prevalent and relevant on a global scale because of Americas position.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-07-24 14:37:36)

c14u53w172
+31|5968|tomania

max wrote:

The irony of speaking in front of the Victory Column is just awesome
yeah. he should have given the speech at the wannsee. or maybe in front of the reichskanzlei

the siegessäule is as good/bad as the arc de triomphe for example (which was built to celebrate napoleon's I. victory at austerlitz, to be precise to glorify his victories)

Last edited by c14u53w172 (2008-07-24 15:16:57)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanm … ml?showall

Well apparently Obama feels more in touch with Europeans than he does his own countrymen, you know, the ones that defend his ability t orun for president in a free country.....Ya gotta love Obama.

Last edited by lowing (2008-07-25 05:39:43)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

lowing wrote:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0708/Obama_cancels_troop_visit.html?showall

Well apparently Obama feels more in touch with Europeans than he does his own countrymen, you know, the ones that defend his ability t orun for president in a free country.....Ya gotta love Obama.
I guess we'll see whether you're right after the general election...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
https://estb.msn.com/i/BA/903AA41CC49F4DBCE66A4332FB2B19.jpg
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0708/Obama_cancels_troop_visit.html?showall

I guess we'll see whether you're right after the general election...
Hmmmmm, most Europeans would vote for a weaker US. and most Europeans would vote for Obama.....A coincidence I guess.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Europe has Obamamania?
https://i38.tinypic.com/ev5cvq.jpg
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., waves as he
arrives at the Victory Column in Berlin, Thursday, July 24, 2008.

Could someone point the Senator in the direction of the actual people who will be voting in November. .. Man Europe is gonna hate us even more when McCain gets elected.

(Still an amazing speech)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

lowing wrote:

Hmmmmm, most Europeans would vote for a weaker US. and most Europeans would vote for Obama.....A coincidence I guess.
I guess we'll see how Americans feel when the general election comes around. The Republican Party seems to have made the US a lot weaker over their 8 year tenure. If anything, by your rationale, Europeans should want a party in power that will continue to alienate the entire rest of the world whilst efficiently fucking your economy into oblivion (the Republican Party). On the contrary we would like to see the US as a decent responsible upstanding member of the international community again. Ultimately all we're really interested in is selling you our wares.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-25 08:42:50)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

https://i33.tinypic.com/1zb3wvc.jpg
Seriously.. what's up with the rockstar like crowds? I'm thinking Paris is going to be even crazier.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

I guess we'll see how Americans feel when the general election comes around. The Republican Party seems to have made the US a lot weaker over their 8 year tenure. If anything, by your rationale, Europeans should want a party in power that will continue to alienate the entire rest of the world whilst efficiently fucking your economy into oblivion (the Republican Party). On the contrary we would like to see the US as a decent responsible upstanding member of the international community again. Ultimately all we're really interested in is selling you our wares.
We are a lot weaker? We were attacked all through the 90's, and then on 911. We have not been attacked since we got off of our peace at any price policy and fought back. there is a reason why the terrorists hope Obama wins Cam, can you guess what that might be? I know what you are going to say so let me respond to it before you even say it. Having Clinton in office did nothing to deter terror attacks.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

lowing wrote:

We are a lot weaker? We were attacked all through the 90's, and then on 911. We have not been attacked since we got off of our peace at any price policy and fought back. there is a reason why the terrorists hope Obama wins Cam, can you guess what that might be? I know what you are going to say so let me respond to it before you even say it. Having Clinton in office did nothing to deter terror attacks.
You are a lot weaker economically and politically. Traditional allies are shying away from you. Economic mismanagement and gross incompetence and irresponsibility means the US is not as reliable a marketplace for outsiders as it once was, hence the world is thanking its lucky stars that China and India's appetite for goods is skyrocketing. You are haemorrhaging money in Iraq where, contrary to your assertions, the US is getting attacked on an almost daily basis - with 4,100+ deaths and counting - with terrorists coming from far and wide to take a potshot at 'the Great Satan'. The Iraq misadventure has also emboldened Iran and strengthened their position in the middle east, where it now has significant influence amongst Sh'ia Iraq and has 3,000 centrifuges in operation busily enriching uranium. 9/11 happened more than a year into Bush's tenure - that's an additional 3,000 deaths in the Republican period to go with the 4,100+. The US is more reviled amongst the outside world than it ever has been in the whole of history - almost totally down to the foreign policy of the Bush administration.

And yet you delude yourself that you're not weaker...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard