lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ … ml?showall

Haim Nawas, a Jordanian-American wrote:

"We need to recognise that the social structure in the Muslim world is very different from America's," she wrote. "American women need to understand that what is best for them is not necessarily what is best for Muslim women. Advocacy of women’s rights in the Muslim world must show sensitivity to local political realities."

Isn't time to own up to the fact that America is not  "Muslim World" and if you want a "Muslim World" perhaps you should move to a Muslim dominated country?

Jordanian Americans now I am just an Americam myself.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
A lowing muslim thread? Quelle surprise! This Haim Nawas sounds like a moron. The blog is only conjecturing without supplying any evidence whatsoever to suggest that Obama is filling the role with this guy. When the role gets filled one can draw comment on Obama's selection, whoever that may be. Also, did this guy describe himself as Jordanian-American or did the blog do that?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

lowing wrote:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0708/Obama_campaign_hires_Muslim_liaison.html?showall

"We need to recognise that the social structure in the Muslim world is very different from America's," she wrote. "American women need to understand that what is best for them is not necessarily what is best for Muslim women. Advocacy of women’s rights in the Muslim world must show sensitivity to local political realities."

Isn't time to own up to the fact that America is not  "Muslim World" and if you want a "Muslim World" perhaps you should move to a Muslim dominated country?

Let me see, I am obsessed, well Serge, if this guy gets elected, can I expect my tax dollars to pay for Islamic special treatment because his Islamic advisers says it will benefit the community?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

lowing wrote:

Let me see, I am obsessed, well Serge, if this guy gets elected, can I expect my tax dollars to pay for Islamic special treatment because his Islamic advisers says it will benefit the community?
You are unreal with this foundation-less paranioa. Do you seriously believe what you print here? Obama did what now? Man, get out of Iraq - the stress is obviously getting to you.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0708/Obama_campaign_hires_Muslim_liaison.html?showall

Lowing, nobody is taking your tax money away except for GWB.
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification
I never understood that duality in the US.  The need to be "this"-American instead of just an American.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

I do not care who will fill the position, it is the position iteself I do not like. More importantly can we expect "positions" like this on his cabinet if he is elected.

If Islam is a religion, then shouldn't there be a seperation between church and state, even in a campaign?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

I do not care who will fill the position, it is the position iteself I do not like. More importantly can we expect "positions" like this on his cabinet if he is elected.

If Islam is a religion, then shouldn't there be a seperation between church and state, even in a campaign?
Lol, you are quoting yourself.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

ReTox wrote:

I never understood that duality in the US.  The need to be "this"-American instead of just an American.
I think it's because of the fact that they only have three or so centuries of history many of them seek to 'belong' and to associate themselves with their roots. We have thousands of Americans over here every year scouring the countryside tracing their ancestry.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

Come on, Lowing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

You are unreal with this foundation-less paranioa. Do you seriously believe what you print here? Obama did what now? Man, get out of Iraq - the stress is obviously getting to you.
I didn't say Obama did anything, I posed a question about his intent and his obvious ties to Islam. Why would a presidential candidate create a position for Islamic only issues?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

lowing wrote:

I didn't say Obama did anything, I posed a question about his intent and his obvious ties to Islam. Why would a presidential candidate create a position for Islamic only issues?
In the same way that candidates create positions for all manner of issues.

http://www.forward.com/articles/9732/

"President Bush has hired a new liaison to the Jewish community, appointing Jeremy Katz to take over for Jay Zeidman, the Forward has learned."

Don't ask me why your country's politics are so minority-orientated. I guess it's necessary because you guys after all are 'the melting pot' and it's not always easy to reconcile tens, even hundreds, of different cultures.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-23 11:21:38)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
So people form communities within communities.

'OMG my tax dollars put asphalt on the roads in Chinatown OMG!'
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

According to current studies, it is nearly impossible to clean up a thread in which all four of you post (serge, lowing, marine, cam).

Be civil and debate. And by "debate" I mean discuss. Not the normal slinging of feces on each other, which you so easily turn to nowadays. Leave that to the monkeys.

P.S: Thread cleaned up, sort of.
I need around tree fiddy.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Lowing you know that these "minorities" pay taxes too, don't you?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Poseidon wrote:

Come on, Lowing.
Yeah, attacking someone's blog when you don't have one yourself is just low.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
zeidmaan
+234|6384|Vienna

CameronPoe wrote:

In the same way that candidates create positions for all manner of issues.

http://www.forward.com/articles/9732/

"President Bush has hired a new liaison to the Jewish community, appointing Jeremy Katz to take over for Jay Zeidman, the Forward has learned."

Don't ask me why your country's politics are so minority-orientated. I guess it's necessary because you guys after all are 'the melting pot' and it's not always easy to reconcile tens, even hundreds, of different cultures.
Rofl... Jay zeidmaan
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6380|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

ReTox wrote:

I think it's because of the fact that they only have three or so centuries of history many of them seek to 'belong' and to associate themselves with their roots. We have thousands of Americans over here every year scouring the countryside tracing their ancestry.
That argument might hold water if it weren't for the fact that the X-American labeling didn't really start until the 80's. Prior to that, we had pride in our immigrant roots, but even more pride in our "melting pot" history. Now, this country is more of a "tossed salad"...double-entendre intentional, btw.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london
well, since Haim Nawas wrote it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard