Lai
+186|6139
I've just downloaded the Demo and can play the game at high settings smoothly. I lowered the settings a bit anyway, since the appearance of a dozen North Koreans significantly lowers the framerate, though arguably it's still playable. But the forest, volumetric clouds and lighting effects all work brilliantly and a walk to the forest can be accomplished without stuttering,.. which I find quite suprising. Very suprising in fact,..

Dell Dimension 9150
Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 630 3.0Ghz Single Core
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 RAM
(brand new) ASUS ATI EAH2600XT 256Mb GDDR3

ROFL, how is this possible?

Is the real game as "undemanding" as the demo? Because if that's the case I might actually consider buying it XD
Commie Killer
+192|6375

Lai wrote:

I've just downloaded the Demo and can play the game at high settings smoothly. I lowered the settings a bit anyway, since the appearance of a dozen North Koreans significantly lowers the framerate, though arguably it's still playable. But the forest, volumetric clouds and lighting effects all work brilliantly and a walk to the forest can be accomplished without stuttering,.. which I find quite suprising. Very suprising in fact,..

Dell Dimension 9150

Is the real game as "undemanding" as the demo? Because if that's the case I might actually consider buying it XD
The first level or two require virtually no power from the computer it seems, the rest arent as highly optimized.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6697|England. Stoke
Yeah I had a similar experience in the demo with my rig:
AMD 3500
2 gig of DDR
8800 GTS 320mb
It surprised how well the demo ran after hearing so many "horror" stories about the game. But so many people with much better rigs cant be wrong so I have avoided the game...
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5974|Aus, Qld

Lai wrote:

Dell Dimension 9150

Mate the first 2 or so levels will run fine, when you get to some of the later ones, it will kill it, youll probably have to run it on medium/low.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Lai
+186|6139

Commie Killer wrote:

Lai wrote:

Dell Dimension 9150

The first level or two require virtually no power from the computer it seems, the rest arent as highly optimized.
Hmmm,.. ok, good to know. I thinks it's a very poor demo then policy-wise; if it gives such a poor indication of the game's demands.

Edit: what is a decent GPU temperature when running Crysis? I enabled "overheat protection" and set the "warning temperature" at 55 Celsius, so brilliantly ASUS's Smart Doctor halted the game at 56 degrees. Is 55 celsius a bit too paranoid or what? And what would you recommend for fanspeed; manual, auto, or smartcooling?

Last edited by Lai (2008-04-06 03:39:59)

jamiet757
+138|6611
55 is pretty low, I would set the warning at 80 or so, but even that isn't too terrible. If you want, set the fan at 100% all the time, unless you are worried about noise.
Lai
+186|6139

jamiet757 wrote:

55 is pretty low, I would set the warning at 80 or so, but even that isn't too terrible. If you want, set the fan at 100% all the time, unless you are worried about noise.
My fan doesn't make noise, not much in any case, but doesn't 100% blowing all the time limit the lifespan fo your fan?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6442|The Twilight Zone

coke wrote:

AMD 3500
2 gig of DDR
8800 GTS 320mb
It surprised how well the demo ran after hearing so many "horror" stories about the game. But so many people with much better rigs cant be wrong so I have avoided the game...
Do you have an x2 3500? If its single core it bottlenecks your pc. I had a single core 3500 and an 8800GT and the 88 acted same as my 7600GT-i got same frame rate in all games.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lai
+186|6139

.Sup wrote:

coke wrote:

AMD 3500
2 gig of DDR
8800 GTS 320mb
Do you have an x2 3500? If its single core it bottlenecks your pc. I had a single core 3500 and an 8800GT and the 88 acted same as my 7600GT-i got same frame rate in all games.
Well in any case my card wouldn't suffice, you can't compare a 2600XT with a 8800GTS. I expect a 8800GTS to play Crysis, even the full game, quite well (given that it doesn't get bottlenecked by othe hardware like you said).
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6442|The Twilight Zone

Lai wrote:

.Sup wrote:

coke wrote:

AMD 3500
2 gig of DDR
8800 GTS 320mb
Well in any case my card wouldn't suffice, you can't compare a 2600XT with a 8800GTS. I expect a 8800GTS to play Crysis, even the full game, quite well (given that it doesn't get bottlenecked by othe hardware like you said).
Maybe you can compare them. With a bottlenecking processor their performance might be the same. I already stated before that i got same FPS with 7600GT and 8800GT because my processor was bottlenecking the graphics card.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lai
+186|6139

.Sup wrote:

Maybe you can compare them. With a bottlenecking processor their performance might be the same. I already stated before that i got same FPS with 7600GT and 8800GT because my processor was bottlenecking the graphics card.
Ah yes, if you look at it that way. But I meant that if we both had non-bottlenecking CPU's your card could pull Crysis easily while mine wouldn't.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6497|Los Angeles, California
I have the 2600XT as well, and it runs Crysis fine...

But it's the 512 version so I don't know.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6553|Area 51

jamiet757 wrote:

55 is low I never got anymore than 30 FPS

*Revive tbh.*
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6382|Belgium

RDMC wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

55 is low I never got anymore than 30 FPS

*Revive tbh.*
lol they were talking about temperature not framerate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard