Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Parker wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Parker wrote:

very unlikely?
says fucking who?
you...with what experience beyond youtube?
Says me with my understanding of physics.
LOL

ignorance is bliss.
Sorry, but am I questioning your knowledge and understanding of the physics involved?

Try attacking the facts I present with some facts of your own, rather than presenting your (false) opinion of my knowledge and understanding.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Parker wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

You also have to remember that you need to cut most of the way through a number of primary supports to get a controlled implosion. It could not have been done. It is simply impossible.
but dont let logic spoil your fun guys...
Or jet fuel (which burns hot, but fast) and office equipment (which burns slow, but cold) fires would have had to have weakened the same number of primary supports.
Or jet fuel (which burns hot, but fast) and office equipment (which burns slow, but cold) fires would have had to have weakened the same number of primary supports and caused the building to collapse without any charges being used at all.

https://www.civil.usyd.edu.au/latest/wtc_graphic.gif
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Parker wrote:

Or jet fuel (which burns hot, but fast) and office equipment (which burns slow, but cold) fires would have had to have weakened the same number of primary supports.
Or jet fuel (which burns hot, but fast) and office equipment (which burns slow, but cold) fires would have had to have weakened the same number of primary supports and caused the building to collapse without any charges being used at all.

http://www.civil.usyd.edu.au/latest/wtc_graphic.gif
Office equipment does not burn at sufficient temperature to weaken steel and jet fuel does not burn for long enough, unless contained, which it clearly was not.

The big red fireball when the planes hit - that's the jet fuel exploding and burning off.

The big clouds of thick black smoke - that's the slow burning, oxygen deprived, office equipment fires.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Office equipment does not burn at sufficient temperature to weaken steel and jet fuel does not burn for long enough, unless contained, which it clearly was not.

The big red fireball when the planes hit - that's the jet fuel exploding and burning off.

The big clouds of thick black smoke - that's the slow burning, oxygen deprived, office equipment fires.
http://wtc.nist.gov/NISTNCSTAR1-6B.pdf
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6181
I really get tired of this conspiracy BS. As some of you may or may not know, I am an architect and have been designing residential and commercial buildings for over 20 years, probably longer than most of you have been alive. NONE of the towers fell by controlled demolition, it is absolutely impossible for those sized buildings to be set up for demolition without somebody knowing something. I have been involved with demolitions of buildings and have witnessed first hand what it takes to take a building down.

First, there is a very long, very precise process to set up any building for demo. As a few said here, cutting, inserting, running thousands of feet of primachord even for buildings much smaller than the WTC buildings, it takes weeks of preparation even for basic sized buildings....can anyone imagine what it would take for 100+ story buildings...it is just ridiculous.

All true controlled demolitions happen from the ground up!!! People site the explosions being shot out from the sides as the building falls. This would NEVER happen in a real controlled demolition. If you demo a building from the top down, you lose total control of the fall. Again, even the videos of the towers falling prove that it can't be and was not a controlled demo. Demo explosions do not happen slowly, they have in the blink of an eye. Anyone who has witnessed a demo would understand this.

I also find it funny that people have an ignorance of how our government may or may not work. On the one hand, in conspiracy theorist eyes, our government has no problem killing a bunch of innocent people so it can gain from it in some insane way. So tell me this, if they are so uncaring about human life, then why the hell try to CONTROL these buildings as they fell, why not just blow the hell of the base and let them fall where they may. This would have kill even more!!! 

If anyone with a brain would actually go and talk with a demo company, witness how these things are set up and understand how these buildings were built and why they fell, then you might finally understand how stupid these theories are. It is just IMPOSSIBLE that no one would see thousands, if not miles of Primachord being installed, drilling and cutting to be silent, believe me, this is NOT a QUIET process and in almost every single demo, the base level (above ground) is removed until only its skeletal form is left.

It is absolutely ridiculous to assume that this was a "controlled" demo, it could never have been hidden and why the hell "control" it if you are trying to kill everyone. Save money, blow it up with one big bomb at the base and let the city fall like dominoes. The reason those buildings fell like they did were because of how they were designed. There are plenty of articles straight from the people who designed these buildings that explain what they believe happened and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to really educate yourself on the idiocy of these theories. Again, go talk to a demo company, go talk to an engineer and for god's sake stop using Youtube to educate yourself.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I've had a look through that, and quite frankly, without looking at in more detail, it's really quite laughable.

As I've already said, the big thick clouds of black smoke indicate that what fires were burning were burning in an oxygen deprived environment, and so burned relatively cold.

Those test were done by heating the underside of the floor structures with a 2000F furnaces.

Yeah, steel weakens when heated for 2hrs at 2000F, no, shit, sherlock!

But heating, from below, for 2hrs, at 2000F, doesn't seem, to me, to be a very accurate simulation of the likely conditions.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

All true controlled demolitions happen from the ground up!!! People site the explosions being shot out from the sides as the building falls. This would NEVER happen in a real controlled demolition. If you demo a building from the top down, you lose total control of the fall.
Oh, yeah, never from the top down. Always from the bottom up.

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I've had a look through that, and quite frankly, without looking at in more detail, it's really quite laughable.

As I've already said, the big thick clouds of black smoke indicate that what fires were burning were burning in an oxygen deprived environment, and so burned relatively cold.

Those test were done by heating the underside of the floor structures with a 2000F furnaces.

But heating, from below, for 2hrs, at 2000F, doesn't seem, to me, to be a very accurate simulation of the likely conditions.
Oops. I've posted the wrong link there.

I meant to post this one: http://wtc.nist.gov/NISTNCSTAR1CollapseofTowers.pdf

Those tests you refer to were control tests to establish the systems resistance to fire. Which are certainly very relevant but don't give the whole picture at all. The thermal imaging from 100mins after the jet hit WTC1 shows that the temperatures on the top surface of the 96th floor hit 900C in some areas (see page 31 of the second chapter of the report for the thermal contour diagrams - the whole of that chapter (2) is very informative).

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-07-19 03:29:30)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Those tests you refer to were control tests to establish the systems resistance to fire. Which are certainly very relevant but don't give the whole picture at all. The thermal imaging from 100mins after the jet hit WTC1 shows that the temperatures on the top surface of the 96th floor hit 900C in some areas (see page 31 of the second chapter of the report for the thermal contour diagrams - the whole of that chapter (2) is very informative).
Ok, I've had a quick skim, and saw the thermal contour diagrams, now maybe I missed this in my skim, but, just how, exactly, were those thermal contour diagrams obtained?
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6181

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

It is quite clear that you don't understand and will not understand the "factors" that contributed to this collapse. I guess hundreds of studies, findings, even from the people who designed these buildings mean nothing to you. I wonder why the designers of these buildings are not out there campaigning for a conspiracy as well. After all, they would know better than anyone why they fell and if they believed anything else, they would be speaking out....right? Or is that another conspiracy why they are silent.

You have to understand that there are many factors that could cause a collapse. First and foremost, the damage from a full sized loaded jet in itself could cause enough structural damage to put a floor or two in danger. That is all it would take to facilitate a collapse. When I design a commercial or even a simple 2 story residence, we do not worry about the floor load from the above floor collapsing on the floor below. We do not design each floor to hold the live and dead loads from all the floors above. We carry the loads to center supports, to outer supports and walls and then design each floor to carry the live and dead loads for that floor ONLY.  All it took was for one floor to fail and once that floor failed, that was it. Once the weight of the floor collapsed onto any floor below, there was no stopping the outcome.

If you understand how the towers were built, then you would understand how plausible these collapses happened. Once one floor collapsed, all the sudden everything above that collapsing starts to pancake every floor below. These towers, were designed so that most of the loads were carried to the inside and outside of the building, add the fire, heat and destruction of both inner and outer main supports, then a SINGLE floor collapse is not out of the question by any means. There are fasteners, coatings, support structures, load changes, heat deviations that all could have easily contributed to one floor starting to collapse.

I have been involved with reconstruction of failed apartment buildings that failed because the floor above collapsed onto the floor below and once that happened, the first floor simply could not hold up and also collapsed. It is very basic understanding of how and why any building is capable of similar collapses. It is ignorant to ignore all the studies done by reputable people, design companies, engineers who tell us the same thing, instead you want to believe theories based on conspiracies. Among ALL my colleagues....civil engineers, site engineers, architects, mechanical engineers...etc...not one colleague I have ever talked with believes that this was controlled or that it was done on purpose.

The only people you should be blaming are the "cowards" that flew those planes into civilian buildings to kill as many as they did. The strategy for using planes as suicide bombs has been around since the 70's, it just finally happened and it is funny that even they (terrorists) tell you they did it, but you can't accept that fact.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ok, I've had a quick skim, and saw the thermal contour diagrams, now maybe I missed this in my skim, but, just how, exactly, were those thermal contour diagrams obtained?
NIST fire dynamics simulator (I imagine). Shows temperature, thermophysical properties and gas phase and has been demonstrated to be highly accurate - which is why it is the standard used for all such analysis.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-07-19 03:50:19)

DeathBecomesYu
+171|6181

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

All true controlled demolitions happen from the ground up!!! People site the explosions being shot out from the sides as the building falls. This would NEVER happen in a real controlled demolition. If you demo a building from the top down, you lose total control of the fall.

I should have said "almost all'..I can accept that but did you notice a big thing in that video....that this structure was taken down to its skeletal form. That is how most implosions are done. They will remove as much of the base structure as possible and please understand that I am talking about demos of buildings that a taller than a few stories. The demo you show was a building that is low, wide and had no chance of falling out of its footprint. So this proves nothing to me or my experience being involved with demos over the years. Again, please go talk to a demo firm and ask them yourself. Be involved in one demo process.....see how much it takes for even the building you show here to take it down. Like I said, it is a joke if you believe that no one would have seen anything for buildings over 100 stories. I guarantee that it took weeks of preparation to even take that small building down....exterior demolition by machine, by man, cutting, inserting chord and charges....do you see the work they did to get it to that stage for even a small building in this video????? With that video you prove to me even more that WTC wasn't controlled.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

The only people you should be blaming are the "cowards" that flew those planes into civilian buildings to kill as many as they did. The strategy for using planes as suicide bombs has been around since the 70's, it just finally happened and it is funny that even they (terrorists) tell you they did it, but you can't accept that fact.
I don't doubt that terrorists flew planes into the towers.

That doesn't mean I just accept the official explanation for the collapse.

But, equally I don't accept the 'it was all planned by the American government (or some other 'non-terrorist' organisation)' conspiracy theories either.

And, yes, I have looked at the official explanation, and, yes, I'll admit, I'm no expert, but, for me, there are just too many unanswered questions and unexplained coincidences.

Bertster7 wrote:

NIST fire dynamics simulator. Shows temperature, thermophysical properties and gas phase and has been demonstrated to be highly accurate - which is why it is the standard used for all such analysis.
Sorry, but simulators are not real life.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I should have said "almost all'..I can accept that but did you notice a big thing in that video....that this structure was taken down to its skeletal form. That is how most implosions are done. They will remove as much of the base structure as possible and please understand that I am talking about demos of buildings that a taller than a few stories. The demo you show was a building that is low, wide and had no chance of falling out of its footprint. So this proves nothing to me or my experience being involved with demos over the years. Again, please go talk to a demo firm and ask them yourself. Be involved in one demo process.....see how much it takes for even the building you show here to take it down. Like I said, it is a joke if you believe that no one would have seen anything for buildings over 100 stories. I guarantee that it took weeks of preparation to even take that small building down....exterior demolition by machine, by man, cutting, inserting chord and charges....do you see the work they did to get it to that stage for even a small building in this video????? With that video you prove to me even more that WTC wasn't controlled.
Do a search for 'building demolitions' or somesuch on youtube - I won't post them all here, but the vast majority of them are not skeletal (though very few are top-down) - the outer skin and structure of the building is kept largely intact.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

NIST fire dynamics simulator. Shows temperature, thermophysical properties and gas phase and has been demonstrated to be highly accurate - which is why it is the standard used for all such analysis.
Sorry, but simulators are a damn sight more like real life than your opinion.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6181

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I don't doubt that terrorists flew planes into the towers.

That doesn't mean I just accept the official explanation for the collapse.

But, equally I don't accept the 'it was all planned by the American government (or some other 'non-terrorist' organisation)' conspiracy theories either.

And, yes, I have looked at the official explanation, and, yes, I'll admit, I'm no expert, but, for me, there are just too many unanswered questions and unexplained coincidences.

Bertster7 wrote:

Exactly, simulators are not real life. Even as a designer of buildings and home for over 20 years, there are things that could happen that I have no control over. When I design a home or building I have to design within budgets, I have to fall within the minimums of the building codes presented to me. I design to make sure that I meet these codes and a lot of times we are on the edge of the minimums. Sometimes you just aren't able to design something that would be 3 or 4 times better than the minimum. Even then, after I design the building and it goes out for construction. I can not guarantee that every worker will do his job, that the best materials will be used. Here is a section of plan notes that I put on every drawing.

"8.  The contractor shall assume that he may be required to provide the highest quality of work and the greatest quantity of materials required for a complete project conforming to all noted codes, whether or not such materials required for such conformance are indicated in these plans."

You also have to depend on the inspectors and believe me, I have met a few inspectors that don't deserve the title. It even comes down to the manufacturers of the materials you used in the buildings. There are so many factors that could lead to something like the towers collapsing. How do you know that the metal used for the floor trusses were perfect. Did the manufacturer of the fasteners design and plan for the stresses that this disaster put upon them? This was an extraordinary event that taught us a lot about what could happen even to the best designed buildings.

Think about history, even recent history(China). The Titanic...the unsinkable ship...it sank, nobody back then could believe it. Everyone involved in the design believed it couldn't sink and it took one voyage to prove that wrong. Now, many experts believe that the steel used in the rivets and the body itself were inferior to the specs provided by the design.

Look at China and its recent earthquake. Some buildings collapsed, some didn't but earthquake prone countries, counties, areas are supposed to design and build buildings that withstand earthquakes. Of course, now its too late, now Chinese people are asking why buildings...especially schools did not stand up or give anyone chance to escape. I am sure the design was proper in many buildings but in the end, they weren't built that way or properly inspected or insured that they met the requirements to withstand even large earthquakes.

If you notice, there aren't conspiracies about those disasters, thousands, hundreds of thousands died and basically it comes down to faulty construction, designs thought to be above average failing like the Titanic did. You can never say that jet ramming itself into buildings could not do enough damage to totally take it down. On that day when I was watching the 9-11 attacks and saw what happened, I told my wife....those are going to fall. I knew that if the damage was extensive enough to damage even one floor beyond it capacity to even hold ITSELF....it was going to go down and sure enough it did.

I will say one more thing. I was a MOH clan quite awhile ago when this happened. We had 3 New York City police officers in our clan and I can guarantee you that jets hit those towers. These guys witnessed the second plane hit the towers. They saw it first hand, they saw the debri on the ground. One even took a picture of one of the jet engines on the ground from the first tower hit. They all witnessed people jumping to their deaths from the towers and lost quite a few friends that were inside helping. I have seen these pictures myself, the engine...etc. and there is no doubt in my mind what happened that day.

Terrorists hit those towers, the towers experienced something that was unprecedented and didn't stand up even though the designers hoped and planned they would. Hopefully the designers learned something and future buildings will withstand something like this again. Remember, all the existing buildings still all over the world...it can happen to any of them, regardless of how well they are designed.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

So somehow Occam's Razor is more applicable to this scenario:

Teams of engineers spend months cutting supports and planting explosive charges in three of the busiest buildings in the world. Two of those buildings have to have this done in the central core, where people walk constantly (stairwells are in the area, elevator maintenance is in the area). Teams. For months. Busiest buildings in the world. Yet no one notices. On behalf of an administration that can't keep a secret.
Than this scenario:

Teams of terrorists execute an attack they have been planning for years. Fly fully-loaded large jet aircraft (hundreds of thousands of pounds), flying at top speed (over 600 mph) into buildings. Impact blows fire treatment off center supports. Center supports weaken from thousands of gallons of kerosene (jet fuel) that pours into the structure from ruptured fuel tanks of jets. Jet fuel and juel-soaked structure and contents burn, the heat weakening the supports until they cannot bear the weight above them. Collapse.
Hmmm...which one is the more plausible answer?

As to the notion that all of the jet fuel burned off in the initial fireball: There were tens of thousands of gallons of jet fuel on those aircraft. The fireballs were not nearly large enough or burned long enough to account for tens of thousands of gallons of jet fuel. The amount of jet fuel we're talking about would easily burn for more than a day without any intervention.

These conspiracy theories initially were interesting. They've been so thoroughly debunked at this point that they have now moved beyond interesting, through silly, and on to just plain sad.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6181

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Do a search for 'building demolitions' or somesuch on youtube - I won't post them all here, but the vast majority of them are not skeletal (though very few are top-down) - the outer skin and structure of the building is kept largely intact.
Yes, I understand that...but you have to read better. I said that the BASE area is USUALLY removed to it skeletal form, not all the way up and yes they are largely intact for the most part. Do you know why they try to remove areas to open up the base of buildings for demo??? Sometimes it is removed entirely like your video and sometimes it is proportional, sometimes a little here and there. Most of the time they try to remove as much as possible......baahhhhhh.....nevermind. It is like talking to a brick wall...you will find even a small crack and find another way out. Your video proved to me even more what I have said and its hard to talk to someone who is getting info from the net and not real life. Not trying to offend but it is obvious to me that you haven't experienced any of this. This is why I am passionate about this because it is what I do everyday. I could probably have 10 of my colleagues come in here and say the same thing but it wouldn't change anything for you.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Parker wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

You also have to remember that you need to cut most of the way through a number of primary supports to get a controlled implosion. It could not have been done. It is simply impossible.
Oh, yes... slow but cold.  I can see the hand of that "MIT engineer" at work in your argument.  What you are overlooking is that when he said "cold," he was comparing it to a blowtorch.  That does not make it cold, it is still sevceral hundred degrees.  Also, fires to not burn at uniform tempuratures. 

You constantly overlook just how much effort, time, and manpower would be needed to form a controlled demolition.  It takes dozens of people weeks to prepare the site and set the charges, and the reults are not particularly subtle.  Support beans cut, detonation cord trailing everywhere.  Supports drilled into.  All of this would have to be done in and around all of those offices, and you are convinced they managed in no more than 36 hours, and covered up the evidence so well that no one who worked in those offices noticed anything misplaced or untoward?

Here is a web site for your consideration  http://www.debunk911myths.org/topics/Co … demolition

From the CDI demolition of theJL Hudson Department store
CDI’s 12 person loading crew took twenty four days to place 4,118 separate charges in 1,100 locations on columns on nine levels of the complex. Over 36,000 ft of detonating cord and 4,512 non-electric delay elements were installed in CDI’s implosion initiation system, some to create the 36 primary implosion sequence and another 216 micro-delays to keep down the detonation overpressure from the 2,728 lb of explosives which would be detonated during the demolition.
THe Sears catalog warehouse
Approximately 2,700 lb. of explosives were placed in 2,918 holes on six levels of the structure. CDI’s delayed detonation of charges, the product of 50 years of explosives demolition experience, pulled the massive warehouse structure away from a U.S. Post Office facility only 18 -ft away without damage.
And here is a VERY interesting text from some of these demolition experts, The Biltmore hotel
Biltmore Hotel

Seconds after the final warning signal blared Sunday afternoon at a downtown redevelopment site in Oklahoma City, precisely placed explosive charges dropped a 28-story building almost in its tracks. When it fell, the 245-ft-high structure became the tallest steel-frame building to be demolished with explosives.
Built in 1932 of heavy beams and beefed-up steel columns, the Biltmore Hotel stood in the way of a $39-million urban renewal plan to construct a cultural and recreational complex. Some structures on the site have been removed while others await demolition.

But none presented the problems that the Biltmore did. "It’ s the heaviest steel we’ve ever worked on," says Mark Loizeaux, of Controlled Demolition, Inc. (CDI), Towson, Md., which dropped the brick-clad structure for contractor Wells Excavating Co., Inc., Oklahoma City.

"Because of the thickness of the steel, a single charge wouldn't penetrate completely through," he says. “We had to attack a single 3-in.-thick stem plate from both sides." Each 16-in. steel column with built-up flanges totals 2.5 to 3 tons per floor.

To blast in this fashion, says Loizeaux, it is imperative that the charges on opposing sides go off simultaneously. If one goes off too soon, it will dislodge the other before it can cut through the steel.

CDI placed 991 separate charges, about 800 lbs. of explosives in all, on seven floors from the basement to the 14th floor and detonated them over a five-second interval. CDI’s detonation sequence aimed to drop the building in a southerly direction in what is called a controlled progressive collapse in order to lay out the demolished structure to ease removal of debris.

Besides concern over the size of the steel frame members, CDI took a hard look at the type of steel, which Loizeaux describes as malleable. He says such steel doesn't break readily and "can get real testy." But the building fell, as planned, and CDI walked away with its share of the $207,000 demolition general contract.

In 1975 CDI demolished a 32-story reinforced concrete building in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the only building taller than the Biltmore to be dropped with explosives (ENR 11/27/75 p. 11). That building stood 361 ft high.
You are not questioning any more.  Your mind is as closed as an after-hours bank vault, and about as easy to reach.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

No, the big red fireball was merely a PORTION of the fuel being burned off.  The remainder of the fuel stayed around and kept burning for about 10 minutes after the crash. 

The fuel was in a huge mass.  The huge fireball explosions you see in hollywood are only using about a single gallon of water, and they are using an explosive inside the container to spread the gas out as much as they can so more of the gas is exposed to the air for a better and prettier fireball.  There was no such help at the WTC, and the entire mass of fuel did not, COULD not burn off all in that fireball.

Oh, diesel fuel burns with a black smoke too, did you know that? That is an easy one to check.

If the fire is "oxygen deprived" it goes out.  Part of the fire triangle.  Since there was a big honkin hole in the side of the building, I submit that there may be adequete ventilation to provide oxygen for the fire.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX
The problem is, I know from experience that the fires at the WTC could have been hot enough to bring the structure down.  In 1996, I was in Bosnia.  As you can imagine, disposing of trash in Bosnia (well, for the US Army) was a matter of digging a hole dumping in the trash, and setting fire to it.

We were in one base where we used a steel pod you see like the ones they throw debris into at constrution sites.  When it gets full, dump in 5 gallons of diesel, and light it up.  That fire would burn hot enough to turn the steel sides of the container cherry red in spots.  I was even able to light a cigarette  off of it (once, with the cigarette in my mouth; on a bet, I do not recomend it, as I lost my eyebrows).  The container did not melt, but was deformed in spots, and it had no load on it other than its own weight.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)
I'm not going to quote and answer everyone's points individually, but rather try to answer the main points in one go.

As I have already stated, I don't believe in the full-on 'the powers that be planned and orchestrated it' nutty conspiracy theories.

And nor do I entirely believe the official explanation.

No, I don't have practical experience of bringing down buildings using controlled demolition. But, I do have a very good working knowledge of the physics involved.

And I am just very very sceptical.

For one moment, forget the planes, forget the damage, forget the fires, just picture the towers coming down.

Now, hypothetically speaking, if one were to have brought the towers and building 7 down by controlled demolition, what could it have looked like?

We have already seen that top-down demolition is a valid method.

Is it possible that it would have looked very similar to what happened on that day?

I have my own ideas as to plausible theory that would fit all the available evidence - one which I have already outlined in another thread...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-07-19 07:59:14)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

imortal wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

No, the big red fireball was merely a PORTION of the fuel being burned off.  The remainder of the fuel stayed around and kept burning for about 10 minutes after the crash.
If that is true (and I have no reason to question you), where does all of this explosive force come from as the building goes down?  Huge chunks of concrete is thrown hundreds of feet away.  For a building that came down into it's own footprint, I dont get where this horizontal force comes from.  Those aledged squibs as the tower went down are somewhat suspect.

Martyn
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5792|Dublin, Ohio
ATG I swear to god why did you make this thread?  There is a reason the other ones are closed.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5829
He's a nutcase.  He also believes in the NWO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard