usmarine2
Banned
+233|5795|Dublin, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

They're just closing unprofitable stores.  They still opening up stores in the locations where the muppets who walk around with starbucks in one hand think its cool.
share holder fluffing.

tons of companies near quarter end rent out warehouses and ship their stock there to show that they have little left in stock.  when in reality they do have the goods still, but according to the definition they dont.  funny thing business is.
reminds me of ghost flights...do they do this over there?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6441103.stm
when I was an airplane mechanic, we met an airplane at the gate one night (as usual) and there was one passenger on the flight.  Plane only held 34 peeps or so, but still...one.  I said wtf how can you make money doing this.  One very senior airline guy said it did not matter, Delta still made a profit on this flight.  I have no idea how, but for some reason I still believe that till this day.

Last edited by usmarine2 (2008-07-18 17:42:09)

The#1Spot
+105|6544|byah

d4rkst4r wrote:

jord wrote:

d4rkst4r wrote:

is usmarine blind and cant see a search button? OLD.
Then don't click on it then you fucking sperm stealer.
you obviously didnt read my post. try again.
Are you the twat that thinks if someone goes 1mph over the speed limit he/she is breaking the law?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6605|132 and Bush

There is one opening right around the corner from me.
I like their Breve's.. and strawberries and cream drink. Is it overpriced? Probably.. Is that going to stop me from going there? Probably not.

You lyka satrbuckass?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
herrr_smity
+156|6632|space command ur anus
i like my coffee black
jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.

herrr_smity wrote:

i like my coffee black
I like my women how I like my coffee, Hot and Black.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6533|Global Command
their coffee has a bitter burnt taste.
/tough luck.

I used to make decent money playing acoustic gigs at Diedrich coffee houses.

Starbucks systematically put them under.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6497|Connecticut
Jobs? Oh I'm sure that the people who spent all that time learning how to pour a $4 cup of boiling water through beans will find  something else in the workforce.
Malloy must go
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5795|Dublin, Ohio

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Jobs? Oh I'm sure that the people who spent all that time learning how to pour a $4 cup of boiling water through beans will find  something else in the workforce.
but what wil I do without my frappalattecrapa?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6497|Connecticut

usmarine2 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

but what wil I do without my frappalattecrapa?
I guess you will have to just pretend you are better than everyone else while you drink something that costs $4 per 16 ounces and complain about the fact that you pay $4 per gallon.
Malloy must go
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5795|Dublin, Ohio
but celebs drink starshit.  I work there and my friends come and see me and drink coffee and post on myspace.  I dont want to do physical labor.  thats for mexicans.  please halp!
topthrill05
+125|6582|Rochester NY USA
Seems in NYC or any major city there is a Starbucks (Note that I don't have to make fun of it's name to make a point) around every corner, although I'm sure those aren't the ones closing.

And while some of you may think food service is a walk in the park... Well for lack of a better word your just an idiot.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5795|Dublin, Ohio
oh snap
ATG
Banned

usmarine2 wrote:

I work there and my friends come and see me and drink coffee and post on myspace.
I fucking knew it.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6468|Tyne & Wear, England
My year old comments on Starbucks still apply.

KILLSWITCH wrote:

The very place does my fucking head in.

The smell,
The click click of mouse buttons and rattling of keyboards,
The constant murmur of my fellow students banging on about assignments and the like.

When I'm at uni I have to go there with all of my posh friends from Cambridge.  I cringe as they order a "Double Mocha Frappuccino with Black Truffle Infused Cream on a Bed of Foie Gras".

I feel like telling them to order a nice warm mug of SHUT THE FUCK UP instead!!!

*Breathe*
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6605|132 and Bush

Their vanilla bean frappichino is good also.

You don't have to make it a social event to enjoy a cold, frosty, and delicious beverage.

(lol)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
CommieChipmunk
+488|6574|Portland, OR, USA
I work next to a Starbucks, the smell of coffee is everywhere.  I don't even notice it anymore.  When I don't work for extended periods, I actually start to crave coffee.. and I don't drink coffee.

There are three Starbucks stores in my town, all within <5 minutes of each other.  I hate Starbucks.

And I hate the people who go in there to get 'work' done.  Sitting there with their latte and Macbook pro typing their 'novel'... fuckers
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I work next to a Starbucks, the smell of coffee is everywhere.  I don't even notice it anymore.  When I don't work for extended periods, I actually start to crave coffee.. and I don't drink coffee.

There are three Starbucks stores in my town, all within <5 minutes of each other.  I hate Starbucks.

And I hate the people who go in there to get 'work' done.  Sitting there with their latte and Macbook pro typing their 'novel'... fuckers
only 3 Starbucks in all of Portland?
CommieChipmunk
+488|6574|Portland, OR, USA

HurricaИe wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

only 3 Starbucks in all of Portland?
I live in a suburb of Portland, it's about 30 minutes south
BVC
+325|6700
Who cares, their coffee is shit anyway.
beerface702
+65|6697|las vegas
they wont be missed by me, i think i can maybe count on one hand the time's i have had coffee from starbucks in 10 years.

the double shot mocha was good though, but who cares honestly. One could cut the egotistical atmosphere in a starbucks with a butter knife though, i hate going in there.
PureFodder
+225|6290
I visited Seattle a couple of years back, I simply couldn't believe it. There was litteraly a Starbucks every 5th shop. I have absolutely no idea how any of them stayed in business. I don't think there was anywhere in the city that you could stand and not be able to see a starbucks.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5832

usmarine2 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

share holder fluffing.

tons of companies near quarter end rent out warehouses and ship their stock there to show that they have little left in stock.  when in reality they do have the goods still, but according to the definition they dont.  funny thing business is.
reminds me of ghost flights...do they do this over there?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6441103.stm
when I was an airplane mechanic, we met an airplane at the gate one night (as usual) and there was one passenger on the flight.  Plane only held 34 peeps or so, but still...one.  I said wtf how can you make money doing this.  One very senior airline guy said it did not matter, Delta still made a profit on this flight.  I have no idea how, but for some reason I still believe that till this day.
Well, you are pretty gullible

Maybe they carried air mail?  Did it have a big cargo space?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5795|Dublin, Ohio

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Maybe they carried air mail?  Did it have a big cargo space?
nope, no cargo.
didnt hold much anyway.

https://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7526/1465305065f49f54fc6fjb2.jpg
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6743|The Hague, Netherlands

never seen a starbucks here in The Hague.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard