tF-afrojap
+124|6816|SF
admin: Post bugs here, post general rants over here

Ok, before the forum gets flooded with "OMGWTFBBQ patch no worky!" threads, I will start one so we can all pool our findings into one thread. Cool? Cool.
pocketjazzy
+1|6778
-i cant see any servers
-my exp bar is full and i dont go to the next level and choose my new weapon
-it says whenever i sign in a popup comes up saying ea news er somthing and the accual message box is blank
then i say ok and it asks me if i want to open it in a new windo so i click ok and it takes me here
http://eapusher.dice.se/image.asp?lang=English
-where are all the servers?
tF-afrojap
+124|6816|SF
I just payed a game with Chuy (squad leader) and was unable to spawn on him twice in a row.

Then, it got better.. I WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE THE SQUAD. Oh joy. Keep an eye out for this and report here if you experience the same. It scares me to think of the other "features" they have added with this patch.
pocketjazzy
+1|6778
your missing the point here
I DONT SEE ANY SERVERS IN THE LIST!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Cannot install the patch because my C:\ drive doesn't have 1.6gigs of space (mind you my temp folder and bf2 install are both on my D:\ drive.)

Server browser is still unusable.

Joining a server from an external program, x-fire/bf2 auto loader no longer works.

The name prefix (supposed solution to not being able to change your name) does not cache.

Ranking system is a total joke now.

CTD's are back with a vengence. General instabilities abound!
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
Did not had any problems, not with downloading, not with installing, not with patching, not with finding servers...BUT...
I could only find Ranked servers and maybe 1 or 2 of them were unranked. And when I joined a game there were these high ranks everywhere! That aint cool anymore, In the old days *3 hours ago* you were special if you had a high rank. No you aint diddly sqwat.
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6774|Uk
Shit i'm wondering if i shud download this patch
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6791
Rank is a joke now - everyone will be high rank which is fine but everyone will also have all weapons.
They have just removed a huge piece of playablity to this game.  Sure it is "play for fun" still but not much to drive the game player and make him try new/different things to gain rank, points, awards etc (since they seem so easy to get now)
Leather
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6791

[R]age^B-HeKtiC^ wrote:

Hey that's my sister!!!!! (the one on the left)
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6774|Uk

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

[R]age^B-HeKtiC^ wrote:

Hey that's my sister!!!!! (the one on the left)
(.I.H.[)oHBoY.)
+0|6758
In relation to my post here - http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2085

Sorry didn't see this one

You'd think they expect a high usage the moopets

LoL big clap to them huh for this patch, they must be paying peanuts at EA etc
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6756

pocketjazzy wrote:

-i cant see any servers
-my exp bar is full and i dont go to the next level and choose my new weapon
-it says whenever i sign in a popup comes up saying ea news er somthing and the accual message box is blank
then i say ok and it asks me if i want to open it in a new windo so i click ok and it takes me here
http://eapusher.dice.se/image.asp?lang=English
This happened to me.  Let me help:

my exp bar is full and i dont go to the next level and choose my new weapon = you have to be patient, BFHQ takes a while to upload, you must first play a game and finish the round for the update to happen, and be prepaired to wait a while.  Its worth it.

it says whenever i sign in a popup comes up saying ea news er somthing and the accual message box is blank
http://eapusher.dice.se/image.asp?lang=English  =  Just close the box down, you dont need it, its a new think that helps to tell you news from the publishers.  (thats just guess work but what the hey)

where are all the servers? = For this Im stumped.  I have no idea why you cant see them.  It happened to me, but i restarted the game and they all came back.

Sorry if this didnt help

As for the weapon unlocks... what the hell.  Im a master sergeant with 6 unlocks (everything except the jackhammer) and it makes for incredibly insane gameplay.  While the game is playable you die so often from the powerful guns it makes it a little repetitive.

But what the hey, everyone was complaining ranks were too high.  Guess EA were a little over enthusiastic.

(BTW, new Wake Island map = good.  Give it a try, its pretty fun! )
Double-0-Kills
+1|6812
Had to re-install on my C: Drive because it won't patch if it's not in the OS volume (by the looks of it at least)  and after trying to patch it it failed to start up even. - this wasn't a problem with 1.2   Kinda sad IMO.

I doubt I'm a big enough market share for them to fix that but, come on - that's just lazy.
DakotaDoc64
+0|6761|Omaha, Nebraska
I had the "no servers in browser" problem.  But I just unselected same version and I got all the servers.  Selected one that was white and got promoted three times with three kills on Wake Island. When I left the game I noticed the browser was working fine when selecting same version only.

My bug was when the rank finally got updated (got all three twice each) and I selected the weapon to unlock, I got an immediate crash to desktop. But the weapon did get unlock.  Happened to all three weapons I got.

Game works fine otherwise.

Lots of different sound for vehicles I have noticed.

Oh BTW I have the game installed on a RAID drive (H  I did not have to re-install to C: as some have said.

I think it is very possible some people are getting corrupted patches when downloading.  This may be the source of many of the problems.

Last edited by DakotaDoc64 (2005-10-04 11:49:25)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6789
Playing as support, sometimes when you toss ammo bags, they bounce back at you (like if you toss at a player). Don't know if that was because of lag or not.

Medic bags seem fine, so it might have been the lag but thought I'd mention it. Lots of servers showing up.
Dont see a difference in the server browser reliability, still lags, but hey, its made in Flash what do you expect.
AnArCkIn
+0|6752|Tamuning,Guam
just wondering if its worth patching or not
ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6804|Sheffield, UK
my cursor flashes for some unknown reason lol
Fubar/fox
Sponcered by belgium beer
+4|6795|Belgium
damm now rank are much to eazy i thoughed ranks where resonbly good it was the medals that where to dificult to get you had to play for years to get one
Home
Section.80
+447|6817|Seattle, Washington, USA

For those asking if you should install the patch, I'm pretty sure you have to. If you don't I don't think you'll be able to play online because of that would create huge differences between players. I think you have to.
Fubar/fox
Sponcered by belgium beer
+4|6795|Belgium

pocketjazzy wrote:

-i cant see any servers
think i found the prob try removing the x infront of same version only then you see both but if you check it you see non

Damm they really screwed up with the one prob going to be a new patch verry soon
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
I played wake island.. and there was a guy in one of those sand bag bunkers with the wood roof, and he had his back to me so I ran into knife him and it wouldn't allow me to enter the bunker :-/ needless to say he turned around and dao12'd me in the chest a good 4 times.
nexus3372
+1|6750
wow can u guys just shutup. dl it and play, (if u can)   And fubar/fox....ur english sucks go back to school.
pocketjazzy
+1|6778
OK I GOT IT TO WORK but....
of course there had to be a crazy ass problem like everyone goes up a level with one kill until thier a sargent gunnery. and the fact that after 2 rounds of coming in first on wake island and getting insane sniper kill counts it doesnt register and i dont go up one level while EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE SERVER DOES! WTF IS THIS SHIT? my exp bar is at max and after over 40-50 killstotal i dont get a promotion like everyone after 1 kill?!
doxy
+74|6760|Nevis
server browser works fine with me, just uncheck "same version", make sure u use white servers for fragging (red servers may not be same version as ur game   or have other divergences)  favorites are working perfect.

btw prefix does cache, just enter no new one on next log in.

greetz doxy

EDIT
I LOVE THIS PATCH
p.s.
not that happy with the "new" ranking system, but  ... who the fuck cares, what would the world be, if everything would be perfect?

Last edited by doxy (2005-10-04 12:32:20)

pocketjazzy
+1|6778

doxy wrote:

btw prefix does cache, just enter no new one on next log in.
yes i found this as well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard