blacklupus
+13|6687

hiberNative wrote:

bf3 needs a proper an-94 with 2 round burst.
Take the M16A1 instead. It's burst is precise enough for the first two shots to hit target.
If they consider adding the AN-94 to BF3 they'd be forced to make it a non-headshot weapon just like the M16.

Tecnically it would be a weapon without any recoil.

But the G36E is already out. So no need for another one of those.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5791|sweden

blacklupus wrote:

hiberNative wrote:

bf3 needs a proper an-94 with 2 round burst.
Take the M16A1 instead. It's burst is precise enough for the first two shots to hit target.
If they consider adding the AN-94 to BF3 they'd be forced to make it a non-headshot weapon just like the M16.

Tecnically it would be a weapon without any recoil.

But the G36E is already out. So no need for another one of those.
please fucking no.
not the m16 and m4 AGAIN.
i understand that the an-94 would be top of the food chain along with maybe the xm8, but they can nerf it a bit for balance. i don't care. i just hope they use some new models as bread and butter weapons.

i know. bad company did this, but the weapon stats and physics are a joke in that game.

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-07-14 12:19:00)

G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5996
snake just sucks at karkand.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

G-NOT_(:0) wrote:

Yes he does, and there's a reason for that.

Ya' see, Snake relies on having superior strategy over his foes in order to defeat them. However on Karkand since the map is so linear and cramped there is no way you can use strategy. Without being able to outsmart his enemies since the map doesn't allow for it Snake fails.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5791|sweden

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

However on Karkand since the map is so linear and cramped there is no way you can use strategy.
of course you can use strategy @ karkand. it's just on a smaller scale.
HSG
+23|6470|British Columbia, Canada

David.P wrote:

To play just like BF2.(minus the bugs)
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6669|Colorado
I want them to take a long time on it & polish it, i.e no bugs. I want to have it in Dx10 with more of everything it already has. Stats that update over the weekend . Bonus points for team work like 2142 but without the gayness of 2142. I want tracker to have exclusive rights to the stats since we were burned on 2142. Nukes for the commanders or atleast more attack options. A new class; imbedded reporter with suck ass weapons i.e pen , that you are forced to take every tk. Clan support, rankings as a clan & goodie options for them. Interchangable sides with the maps, custom messaging for the game instead of having to mess with the registry i.e orange text & such. With rank ups, maybe increase abilitys by 1%. For it to be bigger than BF2 & all the expansions put together. No nerfing after release. Not much eh?

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2008-07-14 16:12:16)

G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5996

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Ya' see, Snake relies on having superior strategy over his foes in order to defeat them. However on Karkand since the map is so linear and cramped there is no way you can use strategy. Without being able to outsmart his enemies since the map doesn't allow for it Snake fails.
lol, so just shoot and kill eh? no strategical plan, just shoot and kill...

obviously u never played 5 v 5 or 8 v 8, or just pub fo realz in a server without having some sort of plan...?

sure its all about getting the kills without planning it out, but thats if only you're a nub. it's all about securing which area you are in, and how to maneuver yourself without getting owned. But if your pub'n with a friend or a clan, its like a pack, you don't mess with one another without getting bagged or raped.

"you dont just 'charge in' and starting shooting randomly".../sarcasm

but w/eva, you play your way and i'll do the same. cya on the field...
l41e
+677|6644

I want it to play somewhat like BF2, except like CS, except like Call of Duty 18, except not, except yes, because everyone is a noob except me. Then I want discussion about BF4 to be illegal under international law. Guess which sentence is sarcastic.
i g
Banned
+876|5860|GA

i've said it a million times:

bf2 + jumping and shooting + good hit boxes/reg = win
Wallpaper
+303|5990|The pool
Most of what was already said... But I want more city maps!

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Snake wrote:

No Wake and/or karkand.
No Karkand would be nice. But seriously, why no Wake? Wake is absolutely amazing. There's a reason why it's the only map in both BF1942 and BF2, isn't it in BF2142 too?
URGH. No. It is not amazing.

Yeah, I know, Im a dirty Kark whore, though thats mainly because of hardware limitations up until 2 days ago (barable FPS on Kark, and if Im lucky, Mash), but theyre both whore fests and end up being one-sided repetitive battles.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643
Same game minus the bugs, including fixing the hit reg and no IO mode.

Actually theres a lot of stuff they could fix. BF2 with no bugs would still be the boring and dumb 24/7 Karkand/Wake 24/7 FF off crap that it is now.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5862
I don't understand why TWL doesn't play in 1.2, or 1.3. You know, better versions. Or any league for that matter.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6195|Daqing Oilfields?

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Miniman7474 wrote:

If Wake and Karkand didn't exist I wouldn't play BF2 tbh.

The Kark nubs makes the map...nothing is better than going around with the M16 owning entire squads armed with G36Es/RPKs. Whenever I want good infantry combat Kark is great.

And FF Off Wake is amazing for me, I love the F35 and even as infantry its fun.
Is there inf only maps with Wake???
Yes however I was referring to playing as infantry on the map with vehicles...as in ground pounding with only transport and the occasional Blackhawk lift.

And at the end of the day, Airshow is still a map and more than 2 servers w/o passes run it last I checked. Whether its ranked or not doesn't matter, if anything its fun to not always care about stats.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6195|Daqing Oilfields?

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Actually theres a lot of stuff they could fix. BF2 with no bugs would still be the boring and dumb 24/7 Karkand/Wake 24/7 FF off crap that it is now.
Why no IO mode?

I guess I don't understand what people have against IO. If you don't like it don't play it. I like to about 1/4 of the time when I'm not on Wake.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6240|TEXAS
Moar team/squad play but I'll never get that. Am I the only one who thinks having a squad where each person plays a different kit and actually does there part, and actually sticks together would be fucking orgasmic? I mean seriously I would get less sleep if that ever happened, and I fucking love to sleep. What if they could have a squad system where if you joined a squad you had to pick some sort of "kit slot" and you had to stick to that kit as long as you were in the squad. I probably wouldn't stop playing bf2.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6431

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

I don't understand why TWL doesn't play in 1.2, or 1.3. You know, better versions. Or any league for that matter.
Probably because they want the round to last five minutes before the server crashes.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6299|The | Netherlands

Miniman7474 wrote:

If Wake and Karkand didn't exist I wouldn't play BF2 tbh.

The Kark nubs makes the map...nothing is better than going around with the M16 owning entire squads armed with G36Es/RPKs. Whenever I want good infantry combat Kark is great.

And FF Off Wake is amazing for me, I love the F35 and even as infantry its fun.
Try other maps like Oman and Dalian, way better imo.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643

Miniman7474 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Why no IO mode?

I guess I don't understand what people have against IO. If you don't like it don't play it. I like to about 1/4 of the time when I'm not on Wake.
I don't hate IO entirely. I hate what it did to BF2. It went from lots of good rotation servers to nothing but 24/7 Karkands. I miss when it wasn't a challenge to find a map other than Karkand/Wake. It also killed the teamwork aspect of BF2. No need to ask each other what kit to play and what role they're going to fill when you can all go medic. Plus its easy to tell that the maps and the game wasn't designed for IO. Theres 100's of other games out there that focus on IO combat. I liked BF2 because it was a combination of vehicles and IO combat.
George547
+5|5765|Massachusetts, USA
I agree with Ajax.  Battlefield has the capability of involving vehicles and even planes/copters in combat because of how large the maps are.  Then look at the Call of Duty series; the multiplayer maps in those games (besides the United Offensive expansion) are by and large too small for there to be vehicles.  Call of Duty trades vehicle combat for some of the best of IO combat (at least in my opinion).  Battlefield is a more expansive game with huge maps where vehicles are more or less a necessity, or else you're stuck running from flag to flag rather slowly.  I, too, am disappointed that Karkand is so darn popular these days that it is a little difficult to find any other map besides Wake (that said, I like Wake a lot).
firebolt5
+114|6151
Battlefield: 2.5
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6282|eng
Why would you wish for an updated version of the same game?

I don't understand why people whine about Karkand or Wake or whatever, just fucking play a different map, there are plenty of other servers. And about the hitreg, just fucking deal with, it's not going to get any better, so just adapt to it.
#rekt
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

lol, so just shoot and kill eh? no strategical plan, just shoot and kill...

obviously u never played 5 v 5 or 8 v 8, or just pub fo realz in a server without having some sort of plan...?

sure its all about getting the kills without planning it out, but thats if only you're a nub. it's all about securing which area you are in, and how to maneuver yourself without getting owned. But if your pub'n with a friend or a clan, its like a pack, you don't mess with one another without getting bagged or raped.

"you dont just 'charge in' and starting shooting randomly".../sarcasm

but w/eva, you play your way and i'll do the same. cya on the field...
But really you do. On Karkand the map is to thin, to linear, to mined-up to effectively flank, and with everyone spawning at the same two points there is no way to really get anywhere unless one team is ridiculously better than the other. With Karkand the only tactic is charge the Hotel flag and get blown up by a mine.

I don't have anything against small maps, Mass Destruction is my favorite map and it's the smallest in the game. I do however have a problem with poorly designed maps like Karkand. It is the only map were from at the beginning of the round there is no room for tactics. It's just bum-rush the hotel.

Compare that to some other inf maps. On Sharqi MEC can take RIBs to the Hotel, take the APC and Vondiks and the APC to the alley way or do simply bum-rush the city entrance as normal. On Jalalabad the US can go for the city entrance, or flank and try and take the Hotel, junk yard or fountain. Karkand has no room for flanking and no room for strategy.
JAyThaRevo
+31|6283|Austria
i'd like to have bf3 with almost the same layout and movement that bf2 has
one of the reasons i like bf2 soo much is because of the fast gameplay

cs has such a crappy movement imo....
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6572
Wake with an osprey troop transport would be good.

More Vehicle classes.

Better Physics. (Hate it when I jump a ramp in a jeep; at speed; and it just smacks straight down into the ground).

Sounds improvements.

Limit jumping like COD to avoid manic bunny hoppers.

Smoke nades need improving.

Claymores should be destroyed when shot. (Its up to the sniper to hide them better).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard