AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6819|Hanging onto the UAV
2mb ADSL: pings around 20/30 in the UK, around 50 for mainland Europe servers (Denmark, France etc).

We thrash our connection, as it's shared in a house of 5 people, two of which are regular BF2 players. I'm surprised we get such good pings, really...
Zukabazuka
+23|6717
got 8mb down and 1mb up, so its around 30-70 ping on good servers, might get under 30 sometimes, but at summer gonna switch to 10mb up and down
maef
+67|6715|Tulln, Austria
adsl 768 kb down / 256 kb up
ping is usually around 60-80. sometimes lower (down to around 40) or higher (up to unplayable) depending on which server i chose.

and btw

UCLink wrote:

I have a swedish broadband provider called BBB. I have 100 Mbit down and 10 Mbit up. The ping is never higher than 30.

Negerkungen wrote:

I have the same provider as UCLink and i usually have around 2-15 ping.
damn you swedish basdards... arrrrr
i wish there was a connection even close to that around here, but mine is already the fastest i can get (i live rather on the countryside).
but 100 Mbit??? that's fucking insane.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6748|Riva, MD
I use Comcast Broadband Cable internet, and I range from 25 all the way up to 125.
E|W4v0r
+8|6695|New York
Optimum Online digital cable- ping is anywhere from 15-125 on a bad day
orac07
+2|6687|Perth, Australia
12Mbps down 1 Mbps up ADSL2 with a ping of 45 to a server 2700km  away.
Rugmonster
+1|6768
Your ping time isn't necessarily determined by how fast the connection coming into your house is. You could have a gigabit connection coming into your house, but if the server you're connecting to is on a slower line or the routers connecting you to that server are congested, your ping time will be lower. The number of hops you have to go through to get from one point to another is the biggest slow down if you have a decent connection. That's why when you are in the States accessing a European server, you tend to be slower and vice versa. Also, the thing to consider is that there are only a couple of links that cross the Atlantic. Traceroute can tell you exactly what path you are taking and how many hops you go through to get from point A to point B on the internet.

Oh yeah, I have a 3mb down/256kb up connection on Knology in Montgomery, AL. Some servers, I get as low as 40-50ms. I won't play on a server with a ping of more than 100ms.

One more thing, people think that players on a server with a high ping causes lag for everyone else. This is false. If anything, they will make easier targets because when they lag, they won't move. They may appear to jump suddenly when their connection catches up, but there should be a short period that it will appear they are standing still. If you are lagging, then it is from latency between you and the server.
belikeron
+-1|6664
Not exactly sure of my cable speed, I use Cox. I generally dont play on 64 man servers since sometimes the servers are laggy, not so much pc lag just the server bogging down.

So I generally stick to the 32 man ones, and depending on the server ive had it sustained at like 9ms (was in dallas a couple hours drive away) or around 60-70 on servers that arnt in my back door =p

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard