**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6164|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah, while back someone posted a custom server browser that everyone liked, it was based off of Game-Monitor and when the thread was there I was away from home and on a mac so I didn't download it.

Karmaz for person who has linky.

I tried searching, but there's nothing in the past 3 weeks.
VividSynergy
Banned
+6|5798|Bolingbrook, United States
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
I'm not sure if it's the same one, but it seems to do the same task, so it's close enough.

Karmaz.

Edit:

That one seems to not work, it wants me to login/create an acct but it cam;t connect to the main server. Sumtin seems phishy.

I'm pretty sure the one I'm thinkin of is made by a BF2s member.

Last edited by **LiLp-DeFiNeD (2008-07-11 19:24:36)

VividSynergy
Banned

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the same one, but it seems to do the same task, so it's close enough.

Karmaz.

Edit:

That one seems to not work, it wants me to login/create an acct but it cam;t connect to the main server. Sumtin seems phishy.

I'm pretty sure the one I'm thinkin of is made by a BF2s member.
Just tried it and it didn't work for me either.  I found another though.

http://www.battlefieldbrowser.com/

EDIT: Found another one.

http://www.qtracker.com/

Last edited by VividSynergy (2008-07-11 19:42:38)

signa
~~~~~
+50|6738|Michigan, USA

VividSynergy wrote:

EDIT: Found another one.

http://www.qtracker.com/
just to help you out, here are some qtracker bf2 files you might want. (2mb)  These are the personal filters and mapshots I use.   I would suggest deleting the filters in  /qtracker/filters/game/bf2 and replace with mine. :p  they should allow you to easily filter most anything you want and are a little easier to use than the ones that come with qt.   I also included bf2 mapshots, drop those files in /qtracker/mapshots folder.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6194
is this the one you wanted?

http://www.qxmon.net/bf2mon-browser.pl

I like and use this when trying too find servers because it can sort servers out by how close/far away they are from you.

Last edited by ¦TØP¦straz_mataz (2008-07-12 00:22:01)

**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Damn, I dunno which one it is, I don't see the thread, but I guess any browser's a good browser, karmaz to all.

It's not QTracker though, I thought I mentioned it in the first post, guess I didn't,

I don't really like QTracker, sure it's got the most features, but to have it running during a game's a bitch, and its filters don't work very well, for me anyways. And I find that it doesn't find any servers, the Bf2 browser finds 2000 total(example) while QT only shows 300 with all possible settings opened up as wide as possible.

Anyways,

Thanks guys, but I still wonder what happened to the original thread? It seems the mods are slapping the banstick more lately, or are people deleting good threads for no apparent reason...? I've seen 3 threads on my vaca that I was gonna get back to, that I don't see anymore.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6231|Finland

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Damn, I dunno which one it is, I don't see the thread, but I guess any browser's a good browser, karmaz to all.

It's not QTracker though, I thought I mentioned it in the first post, guess I didn't,

I don't really like QTracker, sure it's got the most features, but to have it running during a game's a bitch, and its filters don't work very well, for me anyways. And I find that it doesn't find any servers, the Bf2 browser finds 2000 total(example) while QT only shows 300 with all possible settings opened up as wide as possible.

Anyways,

Thanks guys, but I still wonder what happened to the original thread? It seems the mods are slapping the banstick more lately, or are people deleting good threads for no apparent reason...? I've seen 3 threads on my vaca that I was gonna get back to, that I don't see anymore.
Yeah it seems that mods are deleting topics here, example like they did for 2 of my latest one...
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6208|Daqing Oilfields?
I've always just used gametracker.com for looking through servers, player ranks within servers, etc.

It's not the program you're looking for, but a good alternative.
DupaUnit
+18|6001
Was this it?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=85124

I posted this a looooong time ago.  Game monitor changed their XML feeds awhile back, so my program no longer parses their info correctly, aka DupaBrowser no longer works.  You can still download it and look at the interface, although it won't fetch any server information.  I might sit down and fix it if people are interested. 

It was nice because you could filter by armies (just view Chinese maps) or specific maps (like view Sharqi AND Zatar only), or tons of other options.  It also had a sweet favorites list, and a way to tag servers so you knew you were banned from them.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6321

I'd be interested.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6208|Daqing Oilfields?
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

DupaUnit wrote:

Was this it?

I posted this a looooong time ago.  Game monitor changed their XML feeds awhile back, so my program no longer parses their info correctly, aka DupaBrowser no longer works.  You can still download it and look at the interface, although it won't fetch any server information.  I might sit down and fix it if people are interested. 

It was nice because you could filter by armies (just view Chinese maps) or specific maps (like view Sharqi AND Zatar only), or tons of other options.  It also had a sweet favorites list, and a way to tag servers so you knew you were banned from them.
That's the one Karmaz, too bad it doesn't work
VividSynergy
Banned

DupaUnit wrote:

Was this it?

I'm interested.
DupaUnit
+18|6001
Grrrr... fine, I'll fix it
I'll start working on it tomorrow.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Pimpsauce, I can haz yer source?

What's it written in?

I can't download/look at it now cuz ironically,I'm back on the Mac, as i will be every weekend.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6157|Texas

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Pimpsauce, I can haz yer source?

What's it written in?

I can't download/look at it now cuz ironically,I'm back on the Mac, as i will be every weekend.
It's written in AHK.

@Dupa, mind sharing the .ahk? I'd like to have a look at the source as I'm writing an app that uses a small server browser.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6738|Michigan, USA

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

... And I find that it doesn't find any servers, the Bf2 browser finds 2000 total(example) while QT only shows 300 with all possible settings opened up as wide as possible...
your doing something wrong then.  QT gets the same master list every other browser does. It then filters the list by the countries you want displayed, then by the 'filters' you have selected.  If your not seeing the servers you should, try disabling filters using the filter toggle icon in the toolbar.  you may also need to adjust your network speed lower in the QT settings because it might be freezing up your router if you have it set too high.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6448|King Of The Islands

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

but to have it running during a game's a bitch
Yeah I can see how that would be annoying:
https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5708/qtrackercg8.jpg

PROTIP: Query servers directly instead of pissfarting about with GameSpy master:

1. Make a folder under your game
2. Set Properties on folder to allow filtering
3. Find all the servers you're likely to play on, say your country
4. Drag servers to folder
5. From now on double-click folder
6. ???
7. Profit.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Yeah, dude, with my 16Mb of RAM, 1.5kills me.
iKid, iKid.

I dunno, I just didn'tlike QTracker,guess i could try again,but now I know of 3 more server browsers XD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard