Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Exactly, your question is hypothetical because it doesn't happen.  I will take my chances because it is a nessary risk to fight the war against terrorist.  The only way that waterboarding will EVER effect me or my family is by helping protect my family and friends  fighting the terrorist overseas and protecting civilians from terrorist plots.
Exactly the same language that was used in Northern Ireland when internment was brought in..."We only use it on the bad guys"...well you can stick that excuse right up your repressed homosexual, conservative ass (as long as you promise not to enjoy it too much). Internment subjected hundreds of innocent people to unjust detention and treatment and served as a fantastic recruiting drive for the Provisional IRA so don't go crying when the son of some guy you tortured flies another plane into another one of your skyscrapers.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Liberals are such pussies they couldn't even bring themselves to get info from terrorists and enemies that wish to exterminate them.  You would just curl up in a ball in the fetal position wrapped up in the knowledge that you may have spared someone from an unpleasant but harmless experience in exchange for soldiers and civilians dying due to lack of information on your enemy's plans.
"I'm a Conservative, I'm big and strong, I eat red meat, I have a big gun" ....blah blah blah.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

This is what happens when you equate good with evil because you grew up hugging bunnies and have no way to differentiate good and evil or reality. You're so smart and enlightened, I am sure you are proud to have started such a telling thread about yourself.
It's like this Lotta my old friend, I believe innocent people deserve respect and fair treatment and in order for that to happen consistently there have to be transparent procedures in place for processing people who are suspected of being guilty of something. This means due process, respect for human rights and use of Internationally accepted methods of obtaining evidence. Once you can establish their guilt I couldn't care less what happens to them.

It's got nothing to do with bunnies, sorry to disappoint you.
Well I am glad you are not the one protecting people from terrorism because you fail.  Now go hug a bunny or something.
This coming from a 38 year old Vietnam veteran, lol.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

The notion that "Those who ‘abjure’ violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf." is impossible to accept.
'Rough men'...lol, you sound gayer than a Christmas tree.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

The notion that "Those who ‘abjure’ violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf." is impossible to accept.
You could have never hung with us, it would have been too torturous.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

What in the blue blazes are you on about now Lotta? Are you having a bad flashback to some of that bad acid you got back in Nam?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6490|Connecticut

ATG wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

clicking the above link will invite your IP address to be monitered
I've ordered explosives via Fed-Ex and I'm still posting so stfu.
Note to self: Stay away from ATG's house.
Malloy must go
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

What if you're loved one pissed off the wrong Government official or member of Haliburton and they used their influence to see that your loved one became classed as an enemy combatent?...that's not an impossibility under the current scenario as due process is not required the way it is in traditional legal cases.
Except you're neglecting the SCOTUS ruling that you can't do that with US citizens.

/thread
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

What in the blue blazes are you on about now Lotta? Are you having a bad flashback to some of that bad acid you got back in Nam?
Well, sometimes you didn't get too sleep and would be cold and wet but you still had to do work and stuff.  Sometimes we had to work in the hot sun and would get blisters and heat exhaustion, we would be " postured " for a long time while people yelled at us.  I regularly had muscle aches, bug bites, sun burns, and bruises.  I rarely got to eat what I wanted and regularly would miss meals.  We would be separated from family and society for months.

You could never be subjected to such torture, besides there were no bunnies to hug.
Home
Section.80
+447|6845|Seattle, Washington, USA

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

What if you're loved one pissed off the wrong Government official or member of Haliburton and they used their influence to see that your loved one became classed as an enemy combatent?...that's not an impossibility under the current scenario as due process is not required the way it is in traditional legal cases.
Except you're neglecting the SCOTUS ruling that you can't do that with US citizens.

/thread
Right. Because no one has ever broken the rules.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6351|West NY
I have a sister who's 4, one who's 1...my mom would never be accused of anything...my step dad? maybe......couldn't do much

Last edited by Noobpatty (2008-07-10 17:57:53)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Well, sometimes you didn't get too sleep and would be cold and wet but you still had to do work and stuff.  Sometimes we had to work in the hot sun and would get blisters and heat exhaustion, we would be " postured " for a long time while people yelled at us.  I regularly had muscle aches, bug bites, sun burns, and bruises.  I rarely got to eat what I wanted and regularly would miss meals.  We would be separated from family and society for months.
Is that a violin I can hear? Stop crying Lotta_drool and grow some hair on your balls.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Is that a violin I can hear? Stop crying Lotta_drool and grow some hair on your balls.
Drool isn't old enough to have served in 'Nam.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I know, I pulled him up on it in the Introduction thread. He wouldn't even have been old enough to be a drummer boy.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
Stir shit up with the press, but at the same time be wondering wtf my relative/etc did to get in this position.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

You are the one crying because some terrorist got water boarded.  I was just pointing out that people endure shit all the time.  Have a few CS grenades thrown into your tent while you are sleeping and it is pitch black.

You are a very weak person to be calling water boarding torture and likening it to real torture.  But hey, you are Irish and sheep are soft.  I hope your government doesn't pussy around with terrorist they catch when they know the terrorist want to attack civilian targets in your country.  Maybe it will take the Guinnes Brewery being blown up by a terrorist to wake you up to what these people are capable of.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC

Braddock wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I know, I pulled him up on it in the Introduction thread. He wouldn't even have been old enough to be a drummer boy.
Now I'm REALLY confused
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

HurricaИe wrote:

Braddock wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Now I'm REALLY confused
I am still preparing to invade 'Nam, better late than never is what I say.  I have already stocked up a wrist rocket, garbage can lid, and wittled a spear out of my toothbrush to shank those commie bastards.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2008-07-10 22:10:03)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC

Lotta_Drool wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Now I'm REALLY confused
I am still preparing to invade 'Nam, better late than never is what I say.  I have already stocked up a wrist rocket, garbage can lid, and wittled a spear out of my toothbrush to shank those commie bastards.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I would imagine you'd hate it particularly if they were put to death without due process yes?
sure would
Well then I hope for your sake that your innocent loved ones are never mistakenly taken from you and waterboarded by the same system you wholeheartedly support.
Can't lie to ya Braddock, I am more worried about them being in a car accident than I am about my govt. kidnapping them for "NO REASON" and waterboarding them............Call me naive, and a little too comfortable with my surroundings, I guess.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Home wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

/thread
Right. Because no one has ever broken the rules.
But if they do, you have ironclad legal recourse against them.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6524|Milkystania, yurop
I would catch usama get the reward and then proceed and buy myself a new son/daughter/brother/sister/partner
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5788|Dublin, Ohio
yes, very hypothetical and very vague as to no way anyone could figure out what you are talking about.

And family and friends are the worst when it comes to illegal activities of their family members.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Its hard to say what id do. I guess if I look at our not so distant past when a similar form of internment was inforce.
"Internment itself remained in place until 1975 and CAIN states that of those interned 1,874 were Republicans, while 107 were Loyalists. The policy has been widely criticised by achieving the opposite of its desired effect as it helped increase support for Irish Republicans and further isolate the Nationalist community. Following internment a serving officer of the British Marines declared, "It (internment) has, in fact, increased terrorist activity, perhaps boosted IRA recruitment, polarised further the Catholic and Protestant communities and reduced the ranks of the much needed Catholic moderates."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Demetrius

Think George says it well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4oXwXQ4Jns
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

usmarine2 wrote:

yes, very hypothetical and very vague as to no way anyone could figure out what you are talking about.

And family and friends are the worst when it comes to illegal activities of their family members.
I'm just saying what happens when a system that is pretty much accountable to no one turns on you...what do you do then?

'Librulz' complain when freedoms are eroded not because they love terrorists and feel sorry for them but because they are applying foresight as to what corruptions these erosions of freedom may lead to in the future. At the present moment you may be quite content to surrender certain freedoms in the name a 'greater good' in the 'war on terror' but what happens when one day you find you've given up so much power to your Government that when you want to speak out against something you find the Government can use these powers against you?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5788|Dublin, Ohio

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

I'm just saying what happens when a system that is pretty much accountable to no one turns on you...what do you do then?

'Librulz' complain when freedoms are eroded not because they love terrorists and feel sorry for them but because they are applying foresight as to what corruptions these erosions of freedom may lead to in the future. At the present moment you may be quite content to surrender certain freedoms in the name a 'greater good' in the 'war on terror' but what happens when one day you find you've given up so much power to your Government that when you want to speak out against something you find the Government can use these powers against you?
What freedoms have I surrendered?  My life has not changed.  Maybe because I follow the law.  That might have something to do with it.
Ratzinger
+43|6389|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

You are the one crying because some terrorist got water boarded.  I was just pointing out that people endure shit all the time.  Have a few CS grenades thrown into your tent while you are sleeping and it is pitch black.

You are a very weak person to be calling water boarding torture and likening it to real torture.  But hey, you are Irish and sheep are soft.  I hope your government doesn't pussy around with terrorist they catch when they know the terrorist want to attack civilian targets in your country.  Maybe it will take the Guinnes Brewery being blown up by a terrorist to wake you up to what these people are capable of.
Confirming stereotypes of Americans stupidity never gets old....

Satire is too easy with material like this to work with.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard