Which type of biking do you like best?

BMX Biking22%22% - 17
Road Biking23%23% - 18
Mountain Biking54%54% - 42
Total: 77
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

I don't have the nerves to do that, I'm too much of a chicken
I just grab my Kona and ride around the streets and in the coulees.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-04-23 10:26:25)

Brasso
+1,549|6641

good choices guys
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6536|South Florida

Spider1980 wrote:

BMX for life!
BMX for life!
15 more years! 15 more years!
Brasso
+1,549|6641

Mitch wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

BMX for life!
BMX for life!
gay
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6335|New Haven, CT
Mountain biking, easily.

So many good trails in my area.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-04-23 18:51:43)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York
BMX is for skaterfags
Road Biking is for men
Mountain Biking is for people like Clive Owen, Chuck Norris and Tim Tebow.

Mountain Biking in Killington, Vermont = PURE WIN.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6205|Schofield Barracks

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
Where is the path option? Where you don't bike on a real road but paths in the woods. Its more road than mountain I guess though.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6552|Washington

Poseidon wrote:

BMX is for skaterfags
Road Biking is for men

I think most BMX riders hate skater fags.
Road biking? lol
Mountain biking is for lazy people who need 50 different gears to makes things easier..
Mountain biking is cool for traveling up hill in the mountains but that's about it.

Last edited by Spider1980 (2008-04-23 22:52:21)

The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5947|CANADA
Dirtbiking? You know... with a motor, and a sexy helmet... and a vroom-vroom...
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6335|New Haven, CT

Spider1980 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

BMX is for skaterfags
Road Biking is for men

Road biking? lol
Mountain biking is for lazy (because going 20 miles is so much easier than 50 feet from one side of a skate park to the other) people he need 50 different gears to makes things easier..
Mountain biking is cool for traveling up hill in the mountains but that's about it.
LethalBIZzle
+7|5970|UK
I BMX mostly (have been for about a year) and i enjoy it because for where i live there is a fair amount of things to do, even in car parks, but it is limited on MTB. But when the weather gets nicer i will get the old Dj bike out and either go to aston hill or andover, perhaps even make sum of my own jumps in the forest!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6335|Graz, Austria
mikkel
+383|6612

haffeysucks wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Well idk what road biking is supposed to be. Is it just casual biking around on pavement? I don't think I've ever gotten muscle cramps from that but then I just bike at a moderate pace.
road biking = extremely light bike frames, clip in pedals, guys in spandex

casual biking on pavement isn't really biking, so it isn't an option up there.
That's absurd. Biking is biking even if you're doing it on paved roads on a mountain bike without the the tight outfits. I did 40km a day on paved roads in Italy on a mountain bike, and I can assure you that it qualified as biking.
Brasso
+1,549|6641

mikkel wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Well idk what road biking is supposed to be. Is it just casual biking around on pavement? I don't think I've ever gotten muscle cramps from that but then I just bike at a moderate pace.

That's absurd. Biking is biking even if you're doing it on paved roads on a mountain bike without the the tight outfits. I did 40km a day on paved roads in Italy on a mountain bike, and I can assure you that it qualified as biking.

haffeysucks wrote:

casual biking
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

the kind where the bike has an engine and 4 wheels. I think it's called a car
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
mikkel
+383|6612

haffeysucks wrote:

mikkel wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

casual biking
I saw that. I also saw that the only three options are BMX, mountain biking and full gear road biking, leaving out the kind of biking that I just described.
Brasso
+1,549|6641

mikkel wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

mikkel wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

casual biking
I saw that. I also saw that the only three options are BMX, mountain biking and full gear road biking, leaving out the kind of biking that I just described.
alright, let me just edit the poll to add "40km a day on paved roads in Italy on a mountain bike."

oops, can't, sorry.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6660

If that video is your friend, how come does the guy who's posted it say he doesn't know who it is or where it is? And that video has been around for years.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5992|Toronto
Yeah...mountain biking. Mind you, I do a lot of strange things. 1st, I've done 80 klicks/day before on my MBK, for no reason at all except that I was bored, so I rode around the city. Also, I have an unhealthy tendency to go down staircases on it, and yet most day I just cruise aorund 35 kph on MBK, faster than the traffic beside me...yeah, I've gotten a few fingers. No hard-core downhill stuff, no hills around me. But yeah, I like to go around construction sites, do slides (I know, I shouldn't--but it's so bloody fun, and the chicks point at me) and, my point of pride, accelerating faster than a car off a red light and staying ahead for 200m routinely. Lol.
pix:
https://www.freedommachine.com.au/i/yukon06l.jpg
mine's got modified handlebar and handlebar assembly, along with some custom accessories like bags and pumps and spares and water bottle thingies and lots, lots of caked mud. Oh, and the discs squeak.
I like pie.
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6338|USA Biznatch!
BMX, I mostly do street and trails with the occasional flat-land (don't worry I suck at flatland.). I hate some skaters the ones who are cocky and stuff. I have some cool skater friends though that just love it and do it a lot.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6541|Boston, MA
Mountain biking for the exact reason of your video, it looks really fun.
HAi_gAIZ
See "i g"
+20|5783
i used to bmx, and it was way more fun than the other 2 options
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

https://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper650/stills/mj15bj7z.jpg

https://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/12/22/arts/26stone.xl.jpg

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-07-10 19:53:04)

The#1Spot
+105|6551|byah

nukchebi0 wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

BMX is for skaterfags
Road Biking is for men

Road biking? lol
Mountain biking is for lazy (because going 20 miles is so much easier than 50 feet from one side of a skate park to the other) people he need 50 different gears to makes things easier..
I cant ride a bmx bike because I break the chain easily. When I was in middle school and had a bmx bike I broke the chain 4 times and bent many teeth on the pedaling sprocket. Mountain bikes are more comfortable to ride anyways although I wish my 21 speed had taller gears. I pretty much run on 14 speed or higher.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2008-07-11 19:34:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard