sfg-Ice__
+4|6622
Hey fellas,
I was wondering weather you support the many movements to legalize pot or are you against it?  If your going to post then post something intelligent backing up your ideas.  Not some one liner to make ya look cool.  I think we'll get a good discussion out of this.

Me first,  Well lets see.  Cigarettes carry far more toxins...kill far more people....and give ya about 5 mins of effect.  Pot (untouched) contains less toxins than regualr cigs,  therefore kill less people, and lasts alot longer.  I jay will set you up for awhile depending on tolerances.  Also, like al drugs you have to use in moderation. 

Ohh, and smokeing pot has medical benifits for many people.

So we have a legal death stick vice the illegal less-deadly and more enjoyable stick.

But, you all want to know the real reason the pot is not legalized already???

There is no way to test for pot us right at the moment.  What I'm saying there is no equivalent test for pot that there is for alcohal..
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado
I say legalize everything, that way we could tax the crap out of it & pay for social security, many social services, free medical, the list goes on, we would whipe out the national debt in a day or two.

People are adults & are going to do what they want to, might as well make everyones existance the better for it.

I can see it now, dirt weed at Wal-Mart & kind at Sams Club.
Aslan the Creator
Welcome to duty
+1|6602
Um... No... DO NOT LEGALIZE POT.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6641
Well from a 15 year smoker I have seen the good and bad.

It is addictive, don't let anyone tell you different.

It will fuck up relationships.

It is proven to help with some medical.

Weed has never killed anyone (Smoking it, not the assholes who are driving high and kill someone).

I have been in many rooms with just stoners, and just drinkers.  And I have never seen a fight in the stoner rooms, really no dumb shit in the stoner rooms.  The drinking rooms.. o dear.

For me, with a long history of drug use and being sober for 2 years.  I will never smoke pot again.  However, I still do support it being legal.

The simple fact is drinking, smoking is FAR worse for your health.  You cannot have it both ways.  Legalize it, or make beer and Marboro illegal.

Still thinking of all my brothers at 4:20
sfg-Ice__
+4|6622
Aslan..please post your reasons...
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6643|Canada Eh?
Legalize it, people are generally smart enough to make their own decisions, I myself have never tried pot and don't plan to anytime soon, but Pot is definetely less harmful than alcohol (Drunk Driving, Drunken Brawls, Etc.)
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6611|Deep In The South Of Texas
Legalize and regulate ALL currently illegal narcotics. Tax them as heavily as tobacco and alcohol. BUT, make much higher penalties for driving under the influence, and for commiting a crime while high or drunk.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6717|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
what ever legalize everything

less smartasses to get in your way
DarkObsidian
+6|6606|Arizona, USA
Pot should be legalized.
It's more dangerous as a "street drug" than it would be as say, cigarettes.
Your life, your choices.
As far as the issue with it impairing your driving ability, they could treat it as they do with drunk driving.
Plus the company that makes Munchies would make tons of money lol
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6664|San Francisco
I don't condone the smoking of pot, but making it illegal just raises the thrill of taking it/sparks it as a way to rebel against authority and thus leading to it's abuse. 

Making it legal and taxing it seems like a perfectly reasonable solution, plus it'd be a good revenue stream for the local economy.
F.Rabshaw
+37|6652
no. we don't need potheads driving around killing everyone, thanks.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
Weed is not physically addictive.  If you think it is that means you just have problems in the first place and you shouldnt be smoking herb.  I am SOOOOOOO for the legalization of the ganja. I could stop smoking if i wanted to because I have for the time i was in the military, but I like the herb too much.  Anything in excess is bad for you, just like drinking too much coke or beating off too much.  But DO NOT say weed is addictive, smoke shoots outta my ears when i hear that.

Why should you criminalize something that you could easily grow in a matter of months in your house.  There is just some really un-american about that, at least in my opinion.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
smokers who drive actually tend to be WAY more careful than when they are not high.
FecalSpray
+1|6605
True.......Drunks kill way more people than stoners.  It is a fact.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6622
You know, I don't think legalizing all drugs is the way.  Some stuff out there is really messed up.  Not only extremely addictive but they really mess your mind up.  All we need is someone having a bad trip in rush hour traffic...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
i say no...

remember what happened with the opium in china? every1 got high and the brits took hong kong. legalizing pot would mean ppl getting high everyday, not every1 can control themselves, i heard from a friend who smoked pot b4, he said it fucks up ur brain bad, when sumthing is close u feel its far ect ect
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6659

F.Rabshaw wrote:

dude shut up.
F.Rabshaw
+37|6652

FubarJonny wrote:

F.Rabshaw wrote:

dude shut up.
go smoke some weed and drop out of school.
Ziggy_79x
+4|6655

FecalSpray wrote:

True.......Drunks kill way more people than stoners.  It is a fact.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i say no...

remember what happened with the opium in china? every1 got high and the brits took hong kong. legalizing pot would mean ppl getting high everyday, not every1 can control themselves, i heard from a friend who smoked pot b4, he said it fucks up ur brain bad, when sumthing is close u feel its far ect ect
Legalizing weed will not encourage use man,people get high every day, CMON YOU GOTTA USE A LIL BRAIN POWER HERE DOGG.  Your friend is really full of shit too  bro, i suggest you dont listen to him any more.
colonel_pwnage
+-1|6603|Springfield, MO
It has proven itself to me medically...  This might sound odd, but in 2001 I was laid off from a high-paying job and lost my fiance because she loved my money more than she loved me.  Anyway, long story short, I took up a nasty drinking habit.  I drank 18 bottles of Budweiser EVERY SINGLE day by myself and thought about suicide often.  It was in a very very bad way.  An opportunity came by where a friend of a friend was selling half ounces, so I grabbed one.  I began smoking the pot instead of drinking beer.  I had no withdrawls from not drinking whatsoever.  After I smoked through the entire half ounce, I was off the booze!  This was about 2 years ago, and to this day I haven't touched alcohol since.  I believe that marijuana saved my life.  I absolutely think it should be legalized, and if not a full legalization...then at least decriminalization in which you can smoke it in your own home but not in public.

Legalizing marijuana would have TREMENDOUS benefits.  For starters, our nation's jails are way overcrowded with people who were arrested because they had a dime bag on them or something stupid like that.  By legalizing you would relieve jails of petty lockups do to possession and distribution of marijuana, not to mention all the crimes that stem from it being illegal in the first place such as someone selling someone else fake dope and then they go out and pop a cap in the crook.  This would also free up cops to chase after more important things than an 18-year old who's out driving mom's car with his girlfriend who decided to smoke a J in an empty parking lot.

If the government legalized it and sold it heavily taxed like cigarettes and beer, that would be an injection of surplus tax dollars into our government's coffers of biblical proportions, not to mention each state receiving taxes from it as well.

So you'd have a prison population decrease across the board, more law-enforcement power on the streets, a dwindling federal deficeit, a balanced budget, more funding for schools and public services by the states.  In my eyes its a win-win situation, why hasn't it been done yet???
Ziggy_79x
+4|6655

colonel_pwnage wrote:

Legalizing marijuana would have TREMENDOUS benefits.  For starters, our nation's jails are way overcrowded with people who were arrested because they had a dime bag on them or something stupid like that.  By legalizing you would relieve jails of petty lockups do to possession and distribution of marijuana, not to mention all the crimes that stem from it being illegal in the first place such as someone selling someone else fake dope and then they go out and pop a cap in the crook.  This would also free up cops to chase after more important things than an 18-year old who's out driving mom's car with his girlfriend who decided to smoke a J in an empty parking lot.

If the government legalized it and sold it heavily taxed like cigarettes and beer, that would be an injection of surplus tax dollars into our government's coffers of biblical proportions, not to mention each state receiving taxes from it as well.

So you'd have a prison population decrease across the board, more law-enforcement power on the streets, a dwindling federal deficeit, a balanced budget, more funding for schools and public services by the states.  In my eyes its a win-win situation, why hasn't it been done yet???
Very good argument colonal. Well thought out.
Crypto_420
+25|6813|Portland

F.Rabshaw wrote:

First off you are completely clueless on this topic.  I have been driving stone for the last 6 years,  I drive better stone than not.

Potheads dont crash and kill people drunks kill people.  if you want to point the finger,  point it at the bars!

Every pot smoker I know which is alot,  drive fine.   And as for it being addictive.....   sugar is just as addicting.  Alcohol is way more addictive than weed is!!!!

Its time of the USA to follow suit.  Like Amsterdam, Canada plus more others who has it de-criminalized Tax it, regulate it like tobacco, liquor, beer!

Last edited by Crypto_420 (2006-03-01 23:08:44)

Orion5413
+4|6657|Irving Tx
Just to add to Col...Same can be said for the worlds oldest profession... The US should do what Germany does (Not sure if everyone has a redlight dist) and make that legal put it one place in each city, tax it, madaitory med check ups. You could include the pot bars in the same area, Then there would be no mistake... I hate having to explain to my kids what a strip bar is (I dont explin it ) so I find myself driving all over the damb place to avoid them ( I have girls) put em i one place than no one should be offened...takes care to the Christain rt and Liberlal left all at once...between sex and drugs we would have a surplus on cash....
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6642|A sunburnt country
I am all for the legalisation and as most have said, tax it heavily and put more money into health, education etc.

In regards to drug driving, in Victoria Australia, they have roadside drug testing because the stats show that 1 in 3 people killed on our roads was under the influence of either alcohol or drugs.

Like anything, do it responsibly and no one gets hurt but unfortunately there is always someone who will fuck it up for the rest.

In Canberra, where I live, we can grow up to 2 plants and if you get caught, it is a fine and no criminal record!!

Last edited by VspyVspy (2006-03-01 23:15:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard