sabotwulf
+3|6705|So.Cal
Now before you read this post let it be known that this is not a negative post about the purple heart ribbon.  This is just a game...that is all.  My personal belief is that this is a medal one should strive NOT to achieve.  Ths is a zigged when you should have zagged type of award.  You achieve this medal in one a two ways wether intentional or not.  1. you fucked up...bad.  2. You where pawned like a cat at a kitty whiping contest.  Now my colleige I battle with all the time got one.  He said he joined a server and was getting spanked hardcore and said screw it and got it anyways.  I have another buddy who joined our ranks not to long ago and has been awrded 12 so far....ahhh  the noobs.  I make a motion to rename the medal to the Purple Heart medal to the Purple Noob Medal, all those in favor say "aye"...
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6678|Farmland, England
If you havn't earnt a purple heart, you havn't played the game. :p
sabotwulf
+3|6705|So.Cal

DaVeWaVe wrote:

If you havn't earnt a purple heart, you havn't played the game. :p
lol...I guess not...
guppy99_00
Banned
+11|6748|kansas
i aint got one yet 

id name:    guppy99_00
josh's
Banned
+2|6705
my friend has like 5 purple herats from trying to get his basic knife but in his bfhq it only shows up as him getting 1?????
E|W4v0r
+8|6680|New York
I got mine at like 4 am
I was out of it, and woke up to a new badge.
sabotwulf
+3|6705|So.Cal
I think it should show all the hearts you got.
guppy99_00
Banned
+11|6748|kansas
just checking if my signature is getting on
zFeinT
+35|6685
The Purple Heart (BF2) is the badge of PERSERVERANCE in the face of defeat; the will to go on despite terrible losses delivered to you relentlessly by merciless opponents; the ravaging battle engulfs all without care...the drum-roll, the battlefield commendation...the picture of that medal...it pushes the recipient to strive for a goal greater than a single-victory in itself.  The Purple Heart is the medal all players should receive.

Last edited by zFeinT (2006-03-01 19:43:44)

Kendoson
+10|6711|Scotland
Hey got 2 say anyone that aint got 1 got lucky i got my 2 going for gold knife i can live with that as i got my gold knife
sabotwulf
+3|6705|So.Cal
believe you me, I've gotten on servers where I gotten my ass handed to me but never bad enough to get a purple heart.
sabotwulf
+3|6705|So.Cal

Kendoson wrote:

Hey got 2 say anyone that aint got 1 got lucky i got my 2 going for gold knife i can live with that as i got my gold knife
Now THAT I can understand and could live with...
libsurgent
+0|6670

guppy99_00 wrote:

i aint got one yet 

id name:    guppy99_00
Well, armor whores arent likely to...

Good job, pro.
J00
+2|6657
I accually got mine on purpose... i just couldent stand not having one in my stats and every single person i saw had one + i couldent stand not having that shiny purple medal. I just like shiny things
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6661|Canada
I still don't have one, but I'm certainly not bragging about my KD ratio
PID: 46149035
420JOKES
+-1|6657
im a badge whore my goal is to at least have one of each badge that includes the purple heart but ive only got one and im a noob haha
and once i have earned all gold badges,ribbins,metals this game will be a paper weight

http://bf2s.com/player/420MURDER420/

Last edited by 420JOKES (2006-03-01 20:23:36)

=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6664|Under the River

sabotwulf wrote:

Now before you read this post let it be known that this is not a negative post about the purple heart ribbon.  This is just a game...that is all.  My personal belief is that this is a medal one should strive NOT to achieve.  Ths is a zigged when you should have zagged type of award.  You achieve this medal in one a two ways wether intentional or not.  1. you fucked up...bad.  2. You where pawned like a cat at a kitty whiping contest.  Now my colleige I battle with all the time got one.  He said he joined a server and was getting spanked hardcore and said screw it and got it anyways.  I have another buddy who joined our ranks not to long ago and has been awrded 12 so far....ahhh  the noobs.  I make a motion to rename the medal to the Purple Heart medal to the Purple Noob Medal, all those in favor say "aye"...
Why would you call it the noob medal I got it when I was playing medic and every time I revived a bunch of people a guy would come around and kill me. But my score was over 140 so tell me its a newb medal.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6660|Cumberland, MD, USA
I haven't gotten it, but some day I will.
Maj.Do
+85|6768|good old CA
i got it when i first started playing.  : )
sabotwulf
+3|6705|So.Cal

=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN wrote:

sabotwulf wrote:

Why would you call it the noob medal I got it when I was playing medic and every time I revived a bunch of people a guy would come around and kill me. But my score was over 140 so tell me its a newb medal.
It's a noob medal, unless your going for intentionally or your going for an expert badge like knife or so.  other than that your a noob.

Last edited by sabotwulf (2006-03-01 20:36:56)

facingwest
+0|6657
I got mine (ashamed to admit but its there for everybody to see <wishes he could hide it>) one day i was having a really bad day but i didn't want to quit or leave the server simply because i wasn't doing very good. You learn from days like that. But none the less there it came BAM! "you've been recommended for a dipshit award" just topped my day off.

I don't plan on getting another one and have learned a few things about the game, one of which is if your having a bad day... simply shut it off. lol
|CoR| Majik_Kracker
Anti-Tank Aficionado
+10|6716|Arizona, USA
i got mine lone PH a really long time ago. back when i was a little noob.
Maj.Do
+85|6768|good old CA
Are you also making fun of the people inreal life who have it? lol.  Its jsut a medal who cares.  Tons of people got it when they first started playing or either got spawned alot
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6698|Disaster Free Zone

Kendoson wrote:

well you need 18 knives in a round, so you either got nowhere near that amount of kills, or you died like 60+ times. If it was that you just werent getting the kills wouldnt it have been wise to give up the attempt half way into the map?? when i got my expert knife (on a full 64 player sharqi map) I found it was so much easier to not die.

But i did get my purple heart medic whoring on karkand, the 5 kills where nade randoms at the begining, and then spent the rest of the time revive/healing (got the gold too ). But yes id have to aggree that getting a purple heart when trying to go for kills is well really shit, not only cause you could only get 5 kills.... BUT 20 deaths, that must have happened to me like 6-7 times in the 300+ hours ive played.
MaximumMayhem
+27|6667|Mashtuur Boulevard
It's certainly not an award that you "TRY" to obtain.  zFeinT got it in one.  Its awarded to troopers who are losing, yet still fighting hard against overwhelming odds.  I got mine on Wake.  The Beach was being highly contested and at the time, I was on my own in that area surrounded by US.  Took alot of them to hell with me and didnt make it easy.  That's what the Purple Heart is all about.  Dont get mad by the fact that, as an award, it should be obtainable by skill... its simply not that sort of an award.  Chances are, you havent been put into that sort of outnumbered, yet still kicking on situation...

I only have one, so its not the sort of thing one may come across often.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard