Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6657|Puerto Rico

Refused wrote:

Spark wrote:

No. The war on terror is not WW3. A World war requires A lot of countries v. a lot of coutries. Not a lot of countries v. a few guerillas and terrorists in some hole.
They are just fighting for their independence. They are fighting US imperialism.
US fights for democracy, for freedom. The same freedom u take for granted every day of your life. Now, If Sweden was dictated by a useless son of a bitch that never cares for the people, only 4 himself, a bastard that would kill everyone that even thinks he is wrong, an idiot that would let your children starve to death because they aren't rich, I THINK THAT YOU WOULD BE CRYING OUT LOUD... "US COME HERE, KILL THE MOTHERFUC*** SO WE CAN BE FREE. Put yourself on the Iraqui people, the Iraqui children, not on the bastards that still like Saddam.... and you will see what is the real purpose of US. Freedom, liberty and democracy.
j5f5ff
+11|6765
it'll be shirts vs skins in ww3
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6711|NJ
It's a world war so it would be everyone.
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6657|Puerto Rico
Only superpowers fighting against each other are needed to start a World War
Nitaro02
+0|6677
Ya, a World War isn't everybody.  When the main world powers start fighting another country (or fight each other), that is a world war.

1 entry found for World War.

World War

n : a war in which the major nations of the world are involved

My guess is it'll be United States and Britain vs. some middle eastern countries and North Korea.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Refused wrote:

Spark wrote:

No. The war on terror is not WW3. A World war requires A lot of countries v. a lot of coutries. Not a lot of countries v. a few guerillas and terrorists in some hole.
They are just fighting for their independence. They are fighting US imperialism.
US fights for democracy, for freedom. The same freedom u take for granted every day of your life. Now, If Sweden was dictated by a useless son of a bitch that never cares for the people, only 4 himself, a bastard that would kill everyone that even thinks he is wrong, an idiot that would let your children starve to death because they aren't rich, I THINK THAT YOU WOULD BE CRYING OUT LOUD... "US COME HERE, KILL THE MOTHERFUC*** SO WE CAN BE FREE. Put yourself on the Iraqui people, the Iraqui children, not on the bastards that still like Saddam.... and you will see what is the real purpose of US. Freedom, liberty and democracy.
1. The PATRIOT act in the US removed some of those 'freedoms' and 'democratic rights'

2. Why do we have to call on the US? If you've been keeping a tab on recent world politics, you'd see that the people alone can do more than enough to topple governments.

3. Don't forget to include the 9000 innocent, dead iraqis (plus however how many wounded) because of US bombs going off target (this is commonly known as 'collateral damage')

---

A world war needs, as someone pointed out:
Powerful nation (+ allies) v. Powerful nation (+ allies) or equivalent

So: US + Britain + Allies v. Middle East + North Korea, according to my current science unit, is not a balanced equation, so not a WW.

US +  Britain + Allies v. The Rest of the World is a WW

US v. China Not a WW

Gettit yet?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS

Chillay-14 wrote:

the official WW3 will start, i think, when Iceland invades Madagascar, which will involve iceland, costa rica, panama, fiji, mongolia, pakistan, hungary and yemen, agaisnt madagascar and the newly formed indochina (india and china will become 1 country) and impose conscription on all citizens, thus having a 2 billion person army.... they'll simply walk over for victory... stange enough the USA will not join the war since there is no potential oil field involved.. haha
Triple post, albeit spaced out. No, please.
Actually, I believe its called 'spam'

Last edited by Spark (2006-02-27 00:18:19)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Nitaro02
+0|6677
Give North Korea some more allies like China or something then, I mean they got nukes so they can start a big war.
Spark
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS
Hmmmm.... China is a very interesting thing politically. It's government is the first ever to attempt to blemd capitalism and communism. So far, its been more successful than anything ever attempted by the Chinese government (in terms of economy)
~ Richard Feynman
Nitaro02
+0|6677
Those guys are crazy making knock-offs of pretty much everything out there.  But it's working for them, so who am I to complain.  I don't have a job yet, so I'm not worried about them making a knock-off of whatever my company produces.
BVC
+325|6710

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

You really have no idea do you?  The patriot act utterly shafted US freedoms, not to mention GW's lads have a habit of slipping freedom-eroding legislation into irrelevant & sure-to-pass bills...hell, US secret service agents have even raided peoples houses because said people post their negative opinions of GW on forums, livejournal etc!  Arresting people because of their political opinions, you know where that sort of thing used to happen?  nazi Germany, apartheid South Africa, the USSR...

I was born in 1978 and grew up through the 80s, when the US was geniunely thought of as the biggest bastion of freedom, liberty and democracy...the US of now, as far as I can see, is a far cry from the US of then.  Their government is seriously fucked up and THAT, as much as I hate to say it, spells trouble for us all.  Go watch Red Dawn, if they're not careful thats what their country could end up like, only they won't have needed the commies to do it for them.

Last edited by Pubic (2006-02-27 03:40:29)

Y-D-Donut?
+2|6657|Puerto Rico
In order to be secure, you must give some rights. I like it the way it is. I don't know why r u two complaining about since none of the 2 of you lives in US. This kinda Patriot act doesnt apply to you.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6667
Did you know that as long as you keep to the party line in North Korea you're guaranteed to be safe and secure? Of course, that's assuming you don't starve to death.

Of course, a lot of people don't like the party line and speak out. They typically get killed or jailed pretty quickly.

If you honestly think giving up some rights gives you some kind of safety you are deeply mistaken my friend. Please do point to me a country in the world where you have restricted rights and there is;

* No crime.
* No terrorist attacks.
* A perfect place to live.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Who said that?

I find the lack of self education on boards like these to be deeply disheartening in my faith of the human race.

It's sad what the USA has become, it was once such a great nation with great ideals. To a lesser extent the same is happening in the UK too, although less so on corrupt politicians.

As for WW3, it'll never happen. The moderates are gradually taking over in China, the kind of people who supported those in the tianamen square massacre. Expect China to become a democracy within 50 years.
There are also rumblings coming out of North Korea that it may move toward the same kind of system that China uses today.

WW3 will never happen, the big nations that would wage such a war all have nuclear weapons and they're afraid of what would happen with whichever side would be losing with their backs up against the wall would resort to the nuclear option.
sheggalism
+16|6757|France
The last World War was the II and it will remain the last. Because of nukes, we no longer can fight each other on a large scale. Since the 60's, almost all wars (except the Gulf in 1991) were subversives : no more countries against countries, just soldiers versus insurgents and civilians.
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6657|Puerto Rico
as I respected ur opinions, please do as well
DesertSessions
+0|6648

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Did you know that as long as you keep to the party line in North Korea you're guaranteed to be safe and secure? Of course, that's assuming you don't starve to death.

Of course, a lot of people don't like the party line and speak out. They typically get killed or jailed pretty quickly.

If you honestly think giving up some rights gives you some kind of safety you are deeply mistaken my friend. Please do point to me a country in the world where you have restricted rights and there is;

* No crime.
* No terrorist attacks.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Who said that?

I find the lack of self education on boards like these to be deeply disheartening in my faith of the human race.

It's sad what the USA has become, it was once such a great nation with great ideals. To a lesser extent the same is happening in the UK too, although less so on corrupt politicians.

As for WW3, it'll never happen. The moderates are gradually taking over in China, the kind of people who supported those in the tianamen square massacre. Expect China to become a democracy within 50 years.
There are also rumblings coming out of North Korea that it may move toward the same kind of system that China uses today.

WW3 will never happen, the big nations that would wage such a war all have nuclear weapons and they're afraid of what would happen with whichever side would be losing with their backs up against the wall would resort to the nuclear option.
This is exactly why I hate it when foreigners talk about the United States thinking that they actually know what the hell is going on.  They don't.

It's true that the Patriot Act took away some of our freedoms, but what you don't realize is that this is the way it was before the Patriot Act.  With a little time and some court orders, you could do the same thing that the Patriot Act does without it.  The odds of actually having something done to a US citizen through the Patriot Act is astronomical.  Contrary to what you see on the news, incidents of people having private property seized, or conversations over e-mail or telephone monitored, hardly ever occur.  The other funny thing is, the only people that bitch about it are the ones that don't have to worry about anything.  Honestly, only the people that fit the stereotype of terrorists are monitored.  Even then, most are dropped and forgotten after very little time being monitored.  BTW, that quote, is Ben Franklin.  We aren't all dumbasses.

Now back to the topic.  I myself am a national security analyst in my spare time.  I was actually asked to write for worldthreats.com.  With all honesty, I seriously believe that WWIII will involved the US and China.  There are a number of factors that could trigger one, many being listed here, such as North Korea and Taiwan.  But others do exist.  For one, the CIA has known for years that China is selling missile secrets to Pakistan and is helping build missile facilities in Pakistan.  Another motive, as much as I don't like to admit it, is economical.  China is starting an economic race with us, fueled by low labor costs which is in turn fueled by loose labor laws.  To combat this problem, the US has started an arms race with China.  Truthfully, we've already been at war with China for the last few decades.  The United States has been continuing with new arms contracts even though are most advanced enemy, the Soviet Union, has already been defeated.  Seriously though, do we really still need stealth aircrafts to blow up caves that Osama might be hiding in?  No.  We're preparing for a much bigger air threat, such as that of Red China.  (As a side note, China does not have the capability to attack the continental US with a nuclear warhead, but they are developing a new missile, the Dong Feng or "East Wind", that will be able to hit cities like LA and Seattle, but not much further.)

If this war ever did turn hot, I believe China would be the main enemy joined with the rest of Communist Asia.  Some countries, such as all the Islamic countries we haven't invaved yet, will take advantage of the situation and side with China.  The allies would consist mostly of the US, Europe, the rest of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.  Russia could go either way, but will most likely side with the US.

As another side note, downtown Hong Kong would make an awesome addition to BF2 as a map.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6650
As a USAF pilot , I must say, there will be no WW's anymore. The closest thing your going to get is the War in Iraq and Afgan. I've been to both, and I can tell you , it's so poor over there even if an invading army invades {like in WW2} a country, it would be pointless, nothing is there! From what my squadron I'm in talk about is that the US is going to be invovled in every conflict over there {so they say}, I say that China will not attack th US and it's Allies, there economy will not hold and pull them into a depression-state. Iran, WMDs, no they are smarter than that. They will threaten and "scare" the USA but dont have the balls big enought to attack. N.Korea is smaller then one of our states, take in 3 weeks if at most to take it and 50 years  to pull out. I say the "great World Wars'' are over.  Iraq and Afgan is as close as your going to get  IMO. The US military will kick anyone's asses if we ever do have another WW thou.

Last edited by 1stLt.MikeUSAF (2006-02-28 20:51:47)

1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6650
Yeah thats what they said look what happened to them,  another war was just bond to happen!
sfg-Ice__
+4|6668
OK fellas, I spent 8 years in the Navy.  The majority of the time on a sub.  Like many others before there are things I've seen and heard that i wish i haven't but here is my spin on things...

Currently, the world is in a state of stale mate.  People strive for power while others strive to keep them out of power.  There is a balance to the equation.  Thats why everyone is so afraid of having anyone else with nuclear capabilities....cuz it adds yet another factor to a crazy math problem.  If things stay constant nuclear war is far and a very minimal possibility. 

The real threat, and I will tell anyone this and I beg for someone to differ with me, is a rogue group.  Someone within a goverment who seizes a nuclear facialtiy and launches....that where the shit will hit the fan.  Guess whats going to happen when the first missle launches....the target conntry will launch thier missle...then the next, then the next, then the next, then the next....back and forth until the only real winners a fucking cockroaches...its not the goverments you should be afraid of.......its the small groups.

Another thing to worry about is all the "missing" dirty bombs and nuclear ordanance that dissappeared during the fall of the soviet union.  Those babies could be anywhere.  Fuk, a couple of hunters in Syberia stumbles acorss one, warmed themselves by the heat (they had no clue what it was), trecked back to town and died.  A week later they found it and "disposed" of it.

But if anyone thinks Nuclear war is the worst thing well I got something else to tell ya.  And I do hope you don't scare easy.   You know what the single greatest threat to humanity is.   A long dormancy, uncurable viral attack.  Those bugs are being created everyday in labs in the US and abroad.  One leak and that could be it.....Release a bug in a international airport...worldwide epidemic in a matter of a week....2weeks  communications break down....3weeks to two months....only those lucky few who are immune survive...based on just the chance of being immune to any given virus the remaining population would be around .000001 or less of the orginal......

But I do foresee a non-nuke war in the future.  At thier current rate China will be the largest economic power in the world within 20years.  At this point, the US will lose alot of bargaining power.  Its a little know fact that china bailed us out of the last resession by purchasing a few billion in bonds to help us out.  Not out of the kindness of thier hearts because if the US went into a large recession then it would drastically affect thier growth.

This said, I can see the day that when China starts to push out.  And the US (being the world policeman that it is) will have to help fight them back.  I just hope someone will back down and it won't escalate....
WormGuts
+17|6809|Dayton, Ohio
making a post so i can come back and find this thread later...this is an interesting thread that i would like to comment on later when i'm of sounder mind.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6668
LOL sounds like you need to get out of your box mate...maybe you should just ask someone to duck tape ya in...

hmmm lets find some example...anthrax,  chemical/ biological warfare, hmm what else..lots of stuff just do some searches and see yourself
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6657|Puerto Rico

DesertSessions wrote:

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

* No crime.
* No terrorist attacks.

Who said that?

This is exactly why I hate it when foreigners talk about the United States thinking that they actually know what the hell is going on.  They don't.

It's true that the Patriot Act took away some of our freedoms, but what you don't realize is that this is the way it was before the Patriot Act.  With a little time and some court orders, you could do the same thing that the Patriot Act does without it.  The odds of actually having something done to a US citizen through the Patriot Act is astronomical.  Contrary to what you see on the news, incidents of people having private property seized, or conversations over e-mail or telephone monitored, hardly ever occur.  The other funny thing is, the only people that bitch about it are the ones that don't have to worry about anything.  Honestly, only the people that fit the stereotype of terrorists are monitored.  Even then, most are dropped and forgotten after very little time being monitored.  BTW, that quote, is Ben Franklin.  We aren't all dumbasses.

Now back to the topic.  I myself am a national security analyst in my spare time.  I was actually asked to write for worldthreats.com.  With all honesty, I seriously believe that WWIII will involved the US and China.  There are a number of factors that could trigger one, many being listed here, such as North Korea and Taiwan.  But others do exist.  For one, the CIA has known for years that China is selling missile secrets to Pakistan and is helping build missile facilities in Pakistan.  Another motive, as much as I don't like to admit it, is economical.  China is starting an economic race with us, fueled by low labor costs which is in turn fueled by loose labor laws.  To combat this problem, the US has started an arms race with China.  Truthfully, we've already been at war with China for the last few decades.  The United States has been continuing with new arms contracts even though are most advanced enemy, the Soviet Union, has already been defeated.  Seriously though, do we really still need stealth aircrafts to blow up caves that Osama might be hiding in?  No.  We're preparing for a much bigger air threat, such as that of Red China.  (As a side note, China does not have the capability to attack the continental US with a nuclear warhead, but they are developing a new missile, the Dong Feng or "East Wind", that will be able to hit cities like LA and Seattle, but not much further.)

If this war ever did turn hot, I believe China would be the main enemy joined with the rest of Communist Asia.  Some countries, such as all the Islamic countries we haven't invaved yet, will take advantage of the situation and side with China.  The allies would consist mostly of the US, Europe, the rest of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.  Russia could go either way, but will most likely side with the US.

As another side note, downtown Hong Kong would make an awesome addition to BF2 as a map.
Thanks for clearing my point. Its just that I didn't found the damn words.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard