DupaUnit
+18|6000

Ph4s3 wrote:

Anyone that has done coding knows you can't just assume what variables do or what they're used for without reading the code.  And given that you can't reliably count on someone's aim every time nor the conditions of their or their target's lag to reliably test a "hit reg fixer", the only people I trust to provide this information are the game devs themselves.

Simply put, *AGAIN*, if all that was required to fix hit reg was to check ping and plug in some simple formulas, it would have been built into the game originally or in a patch.
There are probably lots of factors that affects hit reg, like your ping, your rig, the opponent's ping, the server, I really don't know.  But tweaking these settings will at least help. 

It is strange that these commands would be in here and EA wouldn't set them automatically, but it's also possible that they DID create these commands, then decided not to have them be dynamic. 

If you had decent reg before\and it seems the same now, try joining a server where you know you had bad hit reg.  That is when you should really see the difference.  I get perfect reg on servers where I ping 15 and servers where I ping up to 160.  I play on German servers all the time with a ping of 125 without a problem.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you are going to post in this thread saying this is "placebo" and all baloney, at least give this app a try first.
i g
Banned
+876|5872|GA

DupaUnit wrote:

Ph4s3 wrote:

Anyone that has done coding knows you can't just assume what variables do or what they're used for without reading the code.  And given that you can't reliably count on someone's aim every time nor the conditions of their or their target's lag to reliably test a "hit reg fixer", the only people I trust to provide this information are the game devs themselves.

Simply put, *AGAIN*, if all that was required to fix hit reg was to check ping and plug in some simple formulas, it would have been built into the game originally or in a patch.
There are probably lots of factors that affects hit reg, like your ping, your rig, the opponent's ping, the server, I really don't know.  But tweaking these settings will at least help. 

It is strange that these commands would be in here and EA wouldn't set them automatically, but it's also possible that they DID create these commands, then decided not to have them be dynamic. 

If you had decent reg before\and it seems the same now, try joining a server where you know you had bad hit reg.  That is when you should really see the difference.  I get perfect reg on servers where I ping 15 and servers where I ping up to 160.  I play on German servers all the time with a ping of 125 without a problem.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you are going to post in this thread saying this is "placebo" and all baloney, at least give this app a try first.
ive been fucking with settings for years. why the fuck would this program be any different?
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6404
didn't work
alexb
<3
+590|5948|Kentucky, USA

Works for me.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6416|Somersetshire

alexbay13 wrote:

Works for me.
you mean the program works as in it does start up and you can do what it says, but I doubt it makes you any better at the game
VividSynergy
Banned
+6|5797|Bolingbrook, United States
I don't see why you guys have to flame this.  At least DupaUnit is trying to help the BF2 community, while you guys sit on your asses typing posts on why your lives fails.
i g
Banned
+876|5872|GA

VividSynergy wrote:

I don't see why you guys have to flame this.  At least DupaUnit is trying to help the BF2 community, while you guys sit on your asses typing posts on why your lives fails.
im trying to help too. i dont want people to waste their time.

sorry my life fails
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6416|Somersetshire

VividSynergy wrote:

flaming and joking are two different things

so I hope your not on about my post, I'm sorry if you are, simply because I was joking about, I don't know whether it really does make a difference, so I'm not going to judge it, nor will I try it though, my hit reg has always been good enough and I've never blamed anything apart from my lack "leetness" for me being crap.

But also about your post, you are flaming, so maybe you should look at what you type before you type it, you're flaming people who flame, is that really the best/maturest course of action? I know it's the easiest though.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5802|sweden
seems like i missed the clash of the virgins.
"birds can't type"

the interpolation thing helped me get better registration so i could actually aim the tv at the enemy chopper.
while there are many factors in play when it comes to infantry registration, i believe that the differences are subtle. i've noticed better registration, especially with the picky l85.
RiCKRoLLd
+6|6185
I own you all bad reg or not. Truf. ask myke.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5802|sweden

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/Exvoidix/Ninjacopy.png
this sig proves it.

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-07-06 17:46:11)

i g
Banned
+876|5872|GA

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

myke sucks. ask myke
VividSynergy
Banned

i g wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

sorry my life fails
You aren't helping at all though.  You have no real evidence that this doesn't work, just your own opinion, and you're just clogging this thread up with bull shit.

Tehremos, this is an internet board, not real life, I don't care if I'm mature or if I'm not mature.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6533|dunno

hiberNative wrote:

seems like i missed the clash of the virgins.
"birds can't type"

the interpolation thing helped me get better registration so i could actually aim the tv at the enemy chopper.
while there are many factors in play when it comes to infantry registration, i believe that the differences are subtle. i've noticed better registration, especially with the picky l85.
Calling people virgins over the Internet when you don't know them in real life is pathetic, stop making fail comebacks please.

On topic: When i set my ping lower than it is i get better reg and no dust.

Mod:  inappropriate content removed.

Last edited by The_Killer (2008-07-06 18:48:34)

hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5802|sweden

The_Killer wrote:

Calling people virgins over the Internet when you don't know them in real life is pathetic, stop making fail comebacks please.
i don't need to know you in real life to insult you on teh intranetz <3
lol @ the message thing btw.
Wallpaper
+303|6002|The pool

100% Irishpride wrote:

its all in your head, idiots.
So is weed. It might not actually make anything better, but it feels like it is anyway

Last edited by Wallpaper (2008-07-06 19:05:07)

i g
Banned
+876|5872|GA

VividSynergy wrote:

i g wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

sorry my life fails
You aren't helping at all though.  You have no real evidence that this doesn't work, just your own opinion, and you're just clogging this thread up with bull shit.

Tehremos, this is an internet board, not real life, I don't care if I'm mature or if I'm not mature.
responding to my post doesn't help either. i have played more bf2 than 95% of the people in this thread, so i know a lot about it. if you don't care about my opinion, don't respond to it. the whole point of a forum is to get both sides of the story. less QQ more pew pew kthx
VividSynergy
Banned

i g wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

i g wrote:

sorry my life fails

responding to my post doesn't help either. i have played more bf2 than 95% of the people in this thread, so i know a lot about it. if you don't care about my opinion, don't respond to it. the whole point of a forum is to get both sides of the story. less QQ more pew pew kthx
Alright, but this thread needs facts, not opinions.  Besides, I never said I don't care about your opinion, I said it means nothing if you can't prove it.  And just because you have played it more, doesn't mean you know more about the actual net coding of this game.  Besides, your opinion probably lies on the fact that you have a placebo in your head that not optimizing your settings gives you better hit registration.  By the way, I'm not the one that's whining, you're the faggot who's going on saying this shit doesn't work and how everyone's wasting their time and how you pwn at bf2 loleleelele kthxbai
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6837|Texas

VividSynergy wrote:

i g wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

Alright, but this thread needs facts, not opinions.  Besides, I never said I don't care about your opinion, I said it means nothing if you can't prove it.  And just because you have played it more, doesn't mean you know more about the actual net coding of this game.  Besides, your opinion probably lies on the fact that you have a placebo in your head that not optimizing your settings gives you better hit registration.  By the way, I'm not the one that's whining, you're the faggot who's going on saying this shit doesn't work and how everyone's wasting their time and how you pwn at bf2 loleleelele kthxbai
You can't prove a negative.  Besides that, it's not up to the naysayers to prove it that it doesn't work. 

The burden of proof is on the people advocating the change and suggesting it leads to reliable results.  The thing is though, there's no way to actually test their assertions.  You can't hold all variables steady (server lag, player lag, target lag, aim, etc) in order to isolate these changes and attribute a perceived boost in hit reg to those changes.  There's just no way without examining the code to determine what those changes affect and how they may or may not be related to each other. 

All y'all supporting this stupid claim are like a bunch of creationists.  Just because you believe the world is a certain way doesn't make it so, and, "because I said so" isn't considered a valid argument to support your claims of success.

The fact that there's a lot of "worked for me" and "didn't work for me" responses tells me it's bull shit.  If it worked, it'd work for every one, not just some of them.  Furthermore, I'd suggest that anyone that thinks it's working for them are either (1) slightly better today than yesterday so their aim has slightly improved, or (2) are simply inconsistent in their aim and are sometimes good and sometimes bad.  Frankly, it's easier to believe those points than it is to believe some schmuck on the internet reverse engineered the net-code and found three magic variables that fix everything and are linearly related to your specific conditions. 

Whoever believes this BS, I've got 3 magic beans I'll sell you for your dairy cow...

PS - I'd be curious how many actual software devs or QA folks believe in this garbage. 

PPS -- For those that wish the naysayers among us would keep to ourselves and just let you have your bull shit thread... Ignorance offends us, especially when it's passed off as fact in order to reel in more unsuspecting folks with a less sensitive bull shit meter.  The good ol' "it's detected as a trojan but I dunno why, it's fine" thing should have raised a red flag for everyone.
alexb
<3
+590|5948|Kentucky, USA

Tehremos wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

Works for me.
you mean the program works as in it does start up and you can do what it says, but I doubt it makes you any better at the game
It doesn't make me aim better, it helps make my bullets actually hit the target when they usually don't.
HSG
+23|6482|British Columbia, Canada

The_Killer wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

Cry much?
Try to make a little more sense next time before posting and making yourself look like a total dumbfuck. I'm done arguing with you teens over the internet.

Now, let's get back on topic.
lol dude you have some serious anger issues tbh.
as well he should be angry.
i g
Banned
+876|5872|GA

im done. have fun with your settings
VividSynergy
Banned

ph4s3 wrote:

VividSynergy wrote:

i g wrote:

You can't prove a negative.  Besides that, it's not up to the naysayers to prove it that it doesn't work. 

The burden of proof is on the people advocating the change and suggesting it leads to reliable results.  The thing is though, there's no way to actually test their assertions.  You can't hold all variables steady (server lag, player lag, target lag, aim, etc) in order to isolate these changes and attribute a perceived boost in hit reg to those changes.  There's just no way without examining the code to determine what those changes affect and how they may or may not be related to each other. 

All y'all supporting this stupid claim are like a bunch of creationists.  Just because you believe the world is a certain way doesn't make it so, and, "because I said so" isn't considered a valid argument to support your claims of success.

The fact that there's a lot of "worked for me" and "didn't work for me" responses tells me it's bull shit.  If it worked, it'd work for every one, not just some of them.  Furthermore, I'd suggest that anyone that thinks it's working for them are either (1) slightly better today than yesterday so their aim has slightly improved, or (2) are simply inconsistent in their aim and are sometimes good and sometimes bad.  Frankly, it's easier to believe those points than it is to believe some schmuck on the internet reverse engineered the net-code and found three magic variables that fix everything and are linearly related to your specific conditions. 

Whoever believes this BS, I've got 3 magic beans I'll sell you for your dairy cow...

PS - I'd be curious how many actual software devs or QA folks believe in this garbage. 

PPS -- For those that wish the naysayers among us would keep to ourselves and just let you have your bull shit thread... Ignorance offends us, especially when it's passed off as fact in order to reel in more unsuspecting folks with a less sensitive bull shit meter.  The good ol' "it's detected as a trojan but I dunno why, it's fine" thing should have raised a red flag for everyone.
You missed my entire point of argument, way to read.  I never encouraged people to download this, I just told the flamers to stfu because they're not helping the community at all, unlike DupaUnit who is trying to help.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6150
I work in QA doing white box testing (writing unit & integration tests for game engine code) and writing QA tools.  I think you already know what I think....
RiCKRoLLd
+6|6185

hiberNative wrote:

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/ … jacopy.png
this sig proves it.
That's from like, a year ago. =[

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard