ACOG vs RDS

Acog25%25% - 22
Rds74%74% - 64
Total: 86
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

mkxiii wrote:

ironsights on everything except the m14, then acog, dunno why but it works with that

elsewhere they are crap
Learning to use iron sights with every gun really does help, especially as silencers are so

But yeh, i'm good with the m14, and i can't stand the split pin on that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Dilda13
{DAM}
+7|6314|Los Angeles
use a rds on hardcore and headshots are easy. I finished some guns this way in 2 rounds max on hard core.

an example, the g3 on hardcore with a rds on shipment. its too easy. just use this setup and headshots will come like nothing.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS
I really like the ACOG on the M249 you should try it.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma

wongydude wrote:

Whilst we're at it, can someone recommend a good combination of perks for the MP44? Don't say bandolier, because I always die before my ammo runs out
Jammer + Steady Aim + RPG for hardcore = One shot kill, CQC accuracy and sneakiness on HC

Been working quite well for me. Tried Double tap to start with to make the fire-rate better, but just got pwned by the recoil, and it wasn't necessary on HC servers as it was 1 shot kill anyway so i wanted as much accuracy on that first shot if i could.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
The#1Spot
+105|6541|byah
iron sights work well
Dwit
+34|6512

PrivateVendetta wrote:

wongydude wrote:

Whilst we're at it, can someone recommend a good combination of perks for the MP44? Don't say bandolier, because I always die before my ammo runs out
Jammer + Steady Aim + RPG for hardcore = One shot kill, CQC accuracy and sneakiness on HC

Been working quite well for me. Tried Double tap to start with to make the fire-rate better, but just got pwned by the recoil, and it wasn't necessary on HC servers as it was 1 shot kill anyway so i wanted as much accuracy on that first shot if i could.
I really like the mp44, i use 3x frag grenade, stopping power and dead silence
Cyberwolf2006
+1|6571

Dwit wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

wongydude wrote:

The only noob part of that is the 3x frags. There's no reason anyone needs that many. One? yes, to clear that room or get that annoying camper. 3? Just promotes spamming them all over the place.
Dookie0119
+43|5780
RDS ftw
ACOG is inaccurate making it hard to get a headshot
wongydude
+7|5986
Well I've been messing around with both really, I gotta say RDS pwns ACOG. ACOG is just stupid. You see some dood far off and you try placing the crosshair over his head it just sways away and some prick comes to backstab you.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6173|New Austin, Not

wongydude wrote:

Well I've been messing around with both really, I gotta say RDS pwns ACOG. ACOG is just stupid. You see some dood far off and you try placing the crosshair over his head it just sways away and some prick comes to backstab you.
The ACOG is not stupid; it may take some time to get used to, but it can be very effective in skilled hands. Using it more often gets you into a pattern of adjusting for drift. That or stick it on a G36 and try it on hardcore. Absolutely no chevron drift when looking through the acog

I have 4/5 kits using the ACOG:
M21 (w/ACOG attached during certain maps)--->very effective alternative to the M14. Near Zero recoil
M4
G36
M40 for G-Shots

Last Kit is my favorite though :
Gold M1014 with rds
DE
Bandolier
Sleigh of Hand
Steady aim

Shotgun kit from hell is win (esp. in hardcore)

Last edited by Rohirm (2008-07-06 21:24:00)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6238|Uk

Cyberwolf2006 wrote:

Dwit wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

The only noob part of that is the 3x frags. There's no reason anyone needs that many. One? yes, to clear that room or get that annoying camper. 3? Just promotes spamming them all over the place.
but what about if there is two rooms you need to clear, or you are the type of player who survives long enough per life to regularly need more than one in a normal cover and throw scenario?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

wongydude wrote:

Well I'm trying to get my headshot challenges done, and I personally find it a bitch to do, advice please?
Easiest way to get those dreaded headshot challenges done is using Iron sight on Shipment FFA
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6263

Rohirm wrote:

wongydude wrote:

The ACOG is not stupid; it may take some time to get used to, but it can be very effective in skilled hands. Using it more often gets you into a pattern of adjusting for drift. That or stick it on a G36 and try it on hardcore. Absolutely no chevron drift when looking through the acog

M21 (w/ACOG attached during certain maps)--->very effective alternative to the M14. Near Zero recoil
M4
G36
M40 for G-Shots

Gold M1014 with rds
DE
Bandolier
Sleigh of Hand
Steady aim

Even if you do adjust for drift, guns are bugged with the Acog thats why you get the I was aiming right on him and not hitting him. It's not effective in skilled hands because people who have skill don't use it. It really is bugged though with sway still on.

Last edited by Johnny_Extremer (2008-07-07 05:00:45)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

mkxiii wrote:

Cyberwolf2006 wrote:

Dwit wrote:

but what about if there is two rooms you need to clear, or you are the type of player who survives long enough per life to regularly need more than one in a normal cover and throw scenario?
Then your a n00b for using tactics and staying alive obv mark.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS

Rohirm wrote:

wongydude wrote:

M4
G36
M40 for G-Shots

Gold M1014 with rds
DE
Bandolier
Sleigh of Hand
Steady aim

lol you put rds and steady aim on a shotty kit lololololololololololololololol
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6521|Adelaide, South Australia

eaglecorps wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

wongydude wrote:

M4
G36
M40 for G-Shots

Gold M1014 with rds
DE
Bandolier
Sleigh of Hand
Steady aim

lol you put rds and steady aim on a shotty kit lololololololololololololololol
Why shouldn't he? RDS is kinda useless, but better than the stock sights, and Steady Aim lets you kill from a slightly longer distance. I prefer the W1200 with RDS, RPG, Stopping Power, Steady Aim.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS
Nah M1014 with grip sleight of hand and deep impact is fucking win. Got my red tiger with that in a day. W1200 took a little longer just because i could spam 4 shots in a little under a second.

Last edited by eaglecorps (2008-07-08 20:35:03)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

eaglecorps wrote:

Nah M1014 with grip sleight of hand and deep impact is fucking win.
WTF does Deep Impact accomplish on a Shotgun
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

eaglecorps wrote:

i 1 shot people thru walls all the time with that thing.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

eaglecorps wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

eaglecorps wrote:

Even with DI, I never thought it'd go through much more than a tin fence.

I'll stick with my loadout.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

eaglecorps wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Even with DI, I never thought it'd go through much more than a tin fence.

I'll stick with my loadout.
Fine you go with yours I'll go with mine. But srsly RDS for rifles, iron sights for shotguns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard