Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

Bidasse_Jason wrote:

I think you're wrong with the F35. The "sweet spot" is significantly lower with the F35's MG.
bullet drop. compensate.

Cerberus666 wrote:

Sadly, the bullet drop in the game kind of ruins your hard work, and the deviation appears differently for every resolution, i find that aiming up 1 or 2 pixels from the target with the l96 on my laptop (1920x1200) is VERY VERY different from 1 or 2 pixels on my desktop @ 1280x1024...
Did you think I was making a hack? Read the OP, these are for 1280x1024, and honestly unless your aim is down to a pixel, or unless u are using the sniper scopes at 100+ m, the center of each sight is still pretty similar across multiple resolutions.

killaer wrote:

So what? Who cares? Is anyone really going to bother really adjusting their aim for this?
Whats with all the terrible players trying to diminish the usefulness of this thread? How about dont post your skeptical reply if you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. You are just making it more difficult for the intelligent people looking for quality information.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-06-18 03:22:34)

MedicalDude
+0|6178
Well done, thanx!

Can this be a "sticky" plz.

Regards, 

MedicalDude
ShaitanArba
+1|6146|Moscow, Russia
THX

So i was interested, why am i so bad with L85, that is posed as the most accurate rifle in the game...
182|dunc
+4|6282|manchester UK
thx....always hated the damn mg36 now i know why
McCullough
+7|6840
Sucks that they made a game with non accurate sights
Bf is fun as hell anyway though
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

McCullough wrote:

Sucks that they made a game with non accurate sights
Bf is fun as hell anyway though
my thoughts exactly
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

NaytdawgUK wrote:

why does everyone says 36e is the ultimate hacking weapon, i can miss just as well with it as any others, i make more kills with the scar - L
Because the G36E is unbalanced. 32 dmg with a rate of 900RPM. It may be burst, but it's recoil is minimal. [/offtopic]

Nice pics.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
fabiator14
+7|6153|Normandy - France
good work guy !
O))) one-weak
marksman chanpuru
+7|6234|sweden
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/L85.png
from my experience with the l85, it feels like the red dot should be a lot higher...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
It appears that most of the weapons in BF2 have been dropped hard a few times before being handed out, and that the MEC play football with their pistols.
According to the wikipedia page on iron sights, anyway. Compare the points of impact here with the place where you're meant to aim on the sight.

However, after another hiatus from BF2, I've discovered that the few pixels of difference don't actually make that much difference at all, unless you're trying to cap somebody at long range with single shots.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

Skorpy-chan wrote:

However, after another hiatus from BF2, I've discovered that the few pixels of difference don't actually make that much difference at all, unless you're trying to cap somebody at long range with single shots.
which u should do
<|ARU|>F1N
+12|6138|Finland
Thanks Marinejuana! This is the most useful BF2-post for me ever made! After reading this like months ago, my KDR has raised from 0.6 to almost 1.2 (it may not look impressive, cos I used to die a lot early days, but nowadays I get a KDR around 3 IAR) and I finally could hit some1 from longer distance. I play as an infantry.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937
how bout drawing a red dot with a marker directly on the screen? i'm actully considering it seen the discrepance between the sights and the actual center
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/ … ey/A10.png
A10

No wonder i could never MG shit in that plane. It always looked as if the cannon hit in the bottom line of the large circle.
Wallpaper
+303|5996|The pool

MirindoR wrote:

how bout drawing a red dot with a marker directly on the screen? i'm actully considering it seen the discrepance between the sights and the actual center
That would work, because the true aim point is the exact center, regardless of weapon. I noticed that when I was whoring AT and put a piece of paper on my screen.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

<|ARU|>F1N wrote:

Thanks Marinejuana! This is the most useful BF2-post for me ever made! After reading this like months ago, my KDR has raised from 0.6 to almost 1.2 (it may not look impressive, cos I used to die a lot early days, but nowadays I get a KDR around 3 IAR) and I finally could hit some1 from longer distance. I play as an infantry.

MirindoR wrote:

yep it works quite well, and if its pixel sized, then u probably wont even notice it except while gaming. it wont help u in cod4 tho. because in that game your sights bob around and the point of aim bobs accordingly, whereas in bf2 your sights may bob around with some weapons, but the point of aim is always dead center no matter what.
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!
very  nice havnt thought of it...but notic this every one: MR444

Notice how high above the iron the sweet spot sits.....that is beacause the pistol is angled(witch it shouldnt be whila aiming...no idea why they made it that way)and the iron sights wount be in line by then....
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!
very  nice havnt thought of it...but notic this every one: MR444

Notice how high above the iron the sweet spot sits.....that is beacause the pistol is angled(witch it shouldnt be whila aiming...no idea why they made it that way)and the iron sights wount be in line by then....
Godless
+13|5940

Marinejuana wrote:

<|ARU|>F1N wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

yep it works quite well, and if its pixel sized, then u probably wont even notice it except while gaming. it wont help u in cod4 tho. because in that game your sights bob around and the point of aim bobs accordingly, whereas in bf2 your sights may bob around with some weapons, but the point of aim is always dead center no matter what.
Actually the point where the bullets shoot from is not affected by the swaying sights which is why there is a no-sway mod for competition.  Also, A+++ thread, very nice work.
HSG
+23|6476|British Columbia, Canada

Fireteam_Delta wrote:

+1 good job, and thanks for the info.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6161|Dublin
Alot of that is not true.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard