G.I.Joe~x~
+0|6748
just keep trying...dont give up....
elvis
Banned
+1|6668

G.I.Joe~x~ wrote:

just keep trying...dont give up....
and when you are done trying and not giving up................you can go to a knife and pistol server and do it like most everyone else did........or stat pad with your clan like the rest.

By the way knife and pistol are the only 2 that I fudged on....everything else seems pretty reasonable to obtain........except the damn hours you have to put in for some of these awards are rediculous
Chewbacca1873
+0|6702|Scotland
Wait until Karkand, go USA, choose assault, flashbangs into the alleys, knife into body, basic and vet knife, easy
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6791|Longueuil

elvis wrote:

Chowley wrote:

elvis wrote:

You, me, AND EVERYONE else that plays this game has done it the same way.....Cuz there is no way on earth you are going to get knife or pistol gold badge while playing a normal round....Not to mention the 100 knife kills and 500 pistol kills you need, before you even are allowed the chance to go for your IAR requirements. 

So I will give ALL of you that say you have gotten all of your requirements for these 2 badges during normal gameplay conditions a preemptive.........BULLSHIT!!!....

Have a nice day!!........
Eh its really rather easy to get the 100 knife kills just resist the temptation to shoot people when you come up behind them and getting 17 kills in a round really isnt very hard either just use your brain. Getting 500 Pistol kills im not there yet, but playing sniper helps, shoot them once with the rifle then finish them with pistol.
Well, I have played this game as much as anyone (normal person) I guess.......It really seems to me that you simply do not have the time to hunt a victim that is ripe for the picking, wait to respawn when you get killed, and execute attacks, all in normal play.....there is too much time that laps inbetween each kill, and death. ALso, if you are not getting killed all the time while you are running around with a knife, then you probly aint where the action is and aren't getting the IAR fulfilled anyway. Unless, of course, the rules are knives and pistols only.

SO come on Chowley, you can tell me........not even a little abnormal gameplay to help with that knife badge????  I promise I won't tell a soul!!! lol
no nasty comments please

anyway i got my veteran knife on karkand on a full 64 men normal server just running arround as a medic with my knife took me 5 minutes the round was not even half done so i went for my basic pistol at the same time and i got it to...
so i got veteran knife and basic pistol in the same round...

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2006-03-01 11:33:14)

<b|k> lukie
+7|6755|Germany
Daquing Oilfields 64 on Chinese side. USMC had only the lower right base. Friendly tanks waited outside. I ran inside the building with 2 or 3 enemies sitting inside. They didn't notice me often, perhaps because i didn't shoot. I got 1 or 2 kills per run.

The biggest problem was: I had to stab 2 times for a kill. Stupid engine.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6854|Belgium

elvis wrote:

and when you are done trying and not giving up................you can go to a knife and pistol server and do it like most everyone else did........or stat pad with your clan like the rest.
Tssk tssk...
I don't think a lot of people tried your approach and I don't think it wise admitting you personally used this approach either. Since EA resets accounts merely for using the above strategy. (what if someone in this thread feels like reporting you?)

My personal experience: practice. It takes "some" skill to have a 'one punch one kill' hit. When you achieve this, it is rather easy. As with all difficult challenges, practice makes it easy.

Cheers,
R

edit: elvis and jfk; tone down a little, no need to get personal here
Tagmaestro
+6|6739|New Jersey
I got basic on Songhua Stalemate. The fog and high grass really helps hide you.

I got veteran on Mashtuur City. That one was a blast to get; I got mine with about 14 tickets left on the other team.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6687|Westminster, Colorado
Knifing is not too difficult if you commit yourself to it.  Use the UAV and map to your advantage.  If you see a guy facing away on the UAV, instead of going up and shooting him in the back, press 1 and use that for the kill.  If you see someone lying prone shooting away from you, they will not notice you coming at them with a knife.  It's easiest to go prone or crouch when knifing.  Just takes practice and a mentality that I can put away that gun and give up the "cushion" between me and the guy and still have a way to kill him. 

Knifing is not impossible.  Too many people rely on guns and cannot get past the fear of not being able to shoot that guy over there.  And NO you do not need to stat pad to get these awards.  Play a map that will last longer and be dedicated to getting that badge.

I have learned a way of being able to knife someone fairly easy if I am facing them.  I can sprint+prone+knife+crouch to upright very quickly (helps to have keys mapped in a good way so everything doesn't fall on the left pinky finger).  Practice. Practice. Practice. 

Okay I am done.
Chowley
+1|6719|Ireland

elvis wrote:

Chowley wrote:

elvis wrote:

You, me, AND EVERYONE else that plays this game has done it the same way.....Cuz there is no way on earth you are going to get knife or pistol gold badge while playing a normal round....Not to mention the 100 knife kills and 500 pistol kills you need, before you even are allowed the chance to go for your IAR requirements. 

So I will give ALL of you that say you have gotten all of your requirements for these 2 badges during normal gameplay conditions a preemptive.........BULLSHIT!!!....

Eh its really rather easy to get the 100 knife kills just resist the temptation to shoot people when you come up behind them and getting 17 kills in a round really isnt very hard either just use your brain. Getting 500 Pistol kills im not there yet, but playing sniper helps, shoot them once with the rifle then finish them with pistol.
Well, I have played this game as much as anyone (normal person) I guess.......It really seems to me that you simply do not have the time to hunt a victim that is ripe for the picking, wait to respawn when you get killed, and execute attacks, all in normal play.....there is too much time that laps inbetween each kill, and death. ALso, if you are not getting killed all the time while you are running around with a knife, then you probly aint where the action is and aren't getting the IAR fulfilled anyway. Unless, of course, the rules are knives and pistols only.

SO come on Chowley, you can tell me........not even a little abnormal gameplay to help with that knife badge????  I promise I won't tell a soul!!! lol
lol really no dodgy shite. I just moved between city entrance and construction site wherever the MEC were. Then hid behind the fence at city or ran around between the floors on construction site. Being sneaky, careful and using your brain its grand. It doesnt take padding or knife only servers . With 30 players on a 64 player server it lasts a good while so dying isnt the end of your chances and its not as hectic. I dont think i bothered with chasing people down either just wastes time if you are in a good position.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6869|Deutschland/Germany
Just watch the knife video in my sig......
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6808|Noizyland

I got mine on a server where everyone was particularly ignorant to me. That was great. I'm still yet to find a server with 18 particularly ignorant people, but I'm still looking, and I'll find one eventually.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Chowley
+1|6719|Ireland

M730A2 wrote:

Enemy boat spotted
good point. If only more people had an attitude like that there would be less screams of stat padding and we could all get along. Very insightful.
apollyonpt
+0|6665
well i can tell u its gona be hard, i got my vet  a few days now, and i already had tried a few times before, i dont know which map is the best but both basic and vet i got it on karkand, my advice like the others is to go on medic, on a server whit a few bunch of people 25 or so would be ideal i think, but i desagree whit people that say the hotel point is better, at least for me any attempt i did on that point was quite useless, you could get a kill or two but dont focus to much on that point, since everybody ill be send nades all over the place you wont get much chances on kill someone there plus the fact that is so crowded whit enemys its hard to get someone from behind, still, if the action is going on at that place then thats were you must be, one thing that will be of great advantage is the uav, dont attack blindly running like a fool, or camp like a tree that will get you kill, before u attack look at the radar, see where they are, and most important, where they are looking at, always attack from the back, tbh, to get a kill whit the knife u need more than sneaking the oposition, ull need good timing to hit them, if u dont u may have lost ure chance, getting them from behind is ure best bet, the uav will help u to get away from enemys that want to hunt u down, so u can hide, but u really have to be focused, cause the other guy might be watching his radar 2. In most kills i got, i had to go around a whole building just to get them from behind, some times it works some times it doesnt work, since people some time just decide they want to go on that direction, and u need a bit of luck 2 i guess, like havind 3 guys in front of running on the oposite direction of where u are, u can sneak up on them one at the time, be careful how u use the sprint, dont just hit the sprint key and run hopping ull get to them, its better if u let the sprint bar regarge a bit and then engage them so u have more time to sneak. hope this helps
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6716|UK
Well i got basic knife (x2), vet knife, basic, vet AND expert pistol on a normal match, in fact, i have got every award on normal servers, never seen one on these "specific" servers... seems abit lame to me, for the people who are too shite to manage.
ArMaG3dD0n
Ok now again for everyone (elvis) who still thinks expert knife is impossible to get:
Just because you "suck" at BF2 it doesnt mean everyone does. Expert knife + pistol is sooooo easy I got it without even really trying on the first atempt.

You say u want some proof?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=11828&p=3
This is a thread about pretty much the same topic. One guy didnt really believe it was possible too so I posted a link to an UNEDITED battlerecorder file of me killing ~34 or sth. guys with knife in one round.
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f= … eadaf59ca7
This is the link to the battlerecorder file.

If SOME PEOPLE would use the SEARCH BUTTON you would have found this thread.

Maybe the battlerecorder file doesnt work with 1.2 because it s from 1.12 but you can see it contains what I said when you look at the reactions in the old thread.....
Anyone wants to apologize?

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-03-01 15:34:27)

No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6730|Sacramento
yeah sharqi was best for me. I tried the tv tower as suggested by a clanmate, but at most I only got 2 per round.
So I said F that. I went MEC and spawned at the north non-cap base (forgot what its called) and walked to the closest cap. I just hid for a bit, there was always one or two loners trying to cap that base and I would just stab them in the spine.

was so fun
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6692| United States of America
pure luck
section9
+9|6881|USA
I was so frustrated trying to get mine that I got myself really drunk and managed to get both expert knife and pistol in 1 night on a karkand 64player.Then I went to bed but I probably should have kept playing.Old age makes you a light weight I guess.

Last edited by section9 (2006-03-01 15:51:26)

sparklet
Banned
+34|6781|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i think the best map is karkand i got 18 knife kills there and my expert there most of my expert badegs i got there xcept for thime req.
Sidgas12
+0|6723|Orlando
It can be done on Karkand as MEC or US, expect to die many times, and dont expect to get the first couple of go-arounds. Keep an eye out for enemy medics and try to prone out on them as they revieve - slashing away.

Earn this and it feels like an accomplishment, do as Elvis and your no more than a cheat.
RECONDO67
+60|6670|miami FL
this badges are difficult  to obyain i got mine with help of inocent victims but i died too many times to get it it took me several tries until i finally got oth veteran badges.
piece of advice to everyone tryot o get a friend whos willing to die at ur hands.
elvis
Banned
+1|6668

Sidgas12 wrote:

It can be done on Karkand as MEC or US, expect to die many times, and dont expect to get the first couple of go-arounds. Keep an eye out for enemy medics and try to prone out on them as they revieve - slashing away.

Earn this and it feels like an accomplishment, do as Elvis and your no more than a cheat.
A cheat??!! now that hurts!!........=Robin Hood= are you gunna let him talk to me that way??!!.....I promised I would no longer "flame" anyone on here cuz I just get censored off anyway......you would have to ask =robin hood= about it.....but I tell ya.......callin me names sure does bruise my delicate nature........a cheat!!!!!!!!.....owwwwwwwwwwwwww

Besides, I still call BS to anyone that tries to post on here that they have not "doctored" their game to achieve a specific goal in 1 form or another.

I tried to download the expert knife badge video but I could not get it to play. As soon as i see an unedited round of BF in normal game mode and an expert badge awarded, I will be the first to take a bite out of humble pie. uhhhh that would include boys and girls, not playing with 18 people on a 64 player map. Oops, allot more of us cheats just got added to the list...Cuz that would be a high points server and I don't think they are allowed. Pin drops!! lol
ArMaG3dD0n
You need to my battlerecorder file in:
My Documents>Battlefield 2>Profiles>Default>demos>

But as I said it was recorded in 1.12 so you can only see it if u reinstall BF2. If you dont want to do this you just have to believe it contains me killing ~34 guys with a knife on a 64 player map with 32 players. It s not really a high point server + I got twice as much knifekills as I would need without really trying very hard. If you DONT believe me and DONT want to reinstall BF you could as I said before read the reactions to my post in this old thread where the video was posted originally.
The proof is on the table. Your problem if you dont want to see it.

Just accept that some people seem to be better than you.....WITHOUT CHEATING.

All this "OMGZOR u cant kill 2 people with teh tank in just 1 round!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone  Everyone who killed more than 2 people in a round is teh fuXXing ch3ater cuz noone in teh fuXXing w0rld can beh bettehr than meeeh!!!!!!" is pretty annoying.

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-03-01 17:32:59)

Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6746|Wherever the F**k i feel like
I stuck my thumb up my bumb and went for it
SenorOmega
+-1|6682|Maryland

elvis wrote:

Buckling wrote:

got mine a few days after i first started playing, on a knives/pistols only server, this was before EA started to crack down on those types of servers

Actually, I got my expert knife legit on Karkand.  It was a 32 player map with about 28 people on it.  Just because you suck, does not mean everyone else does.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard