swandive76
+1|6648
Hey there. I just got a n52 from a friend and am starting to figure some differnt mapping for the keys. Im wondering if people who use this device could let me know some of the mappings they use. There are so many keys for BF2 that im not sure where to stick them. Id dont fly so not to worried about key settings for that but play everything else.

Let me know what you think. Im excited to try it out. Please let me know

Thanks in advance

Swandive

Last edited by swandive76 (2006-02-28 13:39:01)

luckybaer
+10|6789| Going Feral
I'm still messing around with mine.  I've got standard mapped for a medic and "red" mapped for support.  I'm going to start changing stuff around now that I've played for a while.  I'll also have to start putting together some macros, too.
swandive76
+1|6648
thanks for your reply. are you finding that you can get everything you need on one color without having to move to red?
Can you post your mapping for medic?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6710|NJ
just looked that thing up. Is it a minni keyboard that you use with a mouse?
swandive76
+1|6648
Thats right. You can customize the layout to any keys you want. Plus use the thumbpad/scroll wheel for anything. I just got this one and havnet tried it out yet but lots of people who use them love them. Well i guess its a love/hate thing. you either love it or hate it. Ill see how it goes
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6786|Atlanta, GA USA
I have one.  I use the same mapping no matter what kit I am playing.  Let me see if I can remember my layout:
Keys:
Score    Com1   Up    Enter    Com2
Crouch  Left     Back  Right    View
Run       Item5  Knife Grenade

Dpad:
            Commander Talk
Item 6                             Squad Talk
Gas Mask  Ventrilo

Others:
Orange button  Map
Scroll Up          Next Weapon
Scroll Down     Previous Weapon
Scroll              Spawn Screen
Thumb            Switch Kits

Here is my mouse layout also (I use the MX518):
Left             Fire
Right           Zoom
Center         Reload
Scroll Up      Rifle
Scroll Down  Pistol
Thumb back Jump
Thumb front Prone
Center front Parachute
Center back Night Vision

I had to rewrite the button configuration file directly to be able to remap the scroll bar on the mouse to something besides next/previous weapon.

I haven't messed with any macros yet.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2006-02-28 14:46:32)

luckybaer
+10|6789| Going Feral

swandive76 wrote:

thanks for your reply. are you finding that you can get everything you need on one color without having to move to red?
Can you post your mapping for medic?
I'm doing this from memory at work, but I think I nailed it.

Squad Screen   Parachute   Up   Enter   Medic Kit
Score Screen   Left    Back    Right     Shock Paddles
Squad Leader Request   Pick up Kit    "Negative response"   "Affirmative Response"

Orange button:  <Esc>

Direction pad: 
                 Jump
Smoke                   Commo Rose
                 Crouch

Scroll Up:  Switch colors (normal, red, blue, green)
Push scroll button:  Night Vision
Scroll down:  Nothing

Thumb button:  Reload

Mouse (Razer Diamondback)
Left:  Fire
Right:  Zoom
Scroll:  Next Weapon
Thumb button 1:  used to adjust mouse's sensitivity on the fly
Thumb button 2:  prone
Push scroll:  Weapon 3
swandive76
+1|6648
Hmm both layouts look pretty cool. Looks like ill have to get a new mouse though. Im using a optical 2 button with scroll. More buttons makes sence though.

Others please post your ideas for layouts please.
M730A2
+45|6709
You all actually LLIKE your N52's?

I have one and it collects dust in the corner. Everyone I know that has one bitches about the response of the buttons... they feel slow to return. Mine is slow also.

What op system are you running?
The last time I had mine out was for BF1942_DCFinal.
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6714|Illinois
I have one that I've been using for a while now

Normal Mode

01 - Score Screen          02 - Team Commo Rose     03 - Forward              04 - Enter/Exit Vehicle     05 - Reload
06 - Crouch                   07 - Strafe Left                  08 - Backward            09 - Strafe Right             10 - Pick Up Kit
11 - Sprint/Swim Fast     12 - Prone                         13 - Red Shift Key      14 - Change Camera

15(The thumb button by the lights) - Jump

Scroll Wheel Up     - Zoom Map
Scroll Wheel Click  - Spawn Screen
Scroll Wheel Down - Medpack/Ammo Bag/Wrench

Big Orange Button - Commander Screen

D-Pad Up     - Rocket Launcher/Grenades/Grenade Launcher
D-Pad Down - Main Weapon/Change Firing Mode
D-Pad Right  - Pistol
D-Pad Left    - Knife

Red Shift Mode

01 - Postion 2                 02 - Position 3                   03 - Normal               04 - Position 4                 05 - Position 5
06 - Position 1                07 - Normal                       08 - Normal               09 - Normal                    10 - Position 6
11 - Pop Smoke/Flares    12 - Command Channel     13 - Red Shift Key      14 - Squad Commo Rose

15(The thumb button by the lights) - Parachute

Scroll Wheel Up     - Normal
Scroll Wheel Click  - Normal
Scroll Wheel Down - Normal

Big Orange Button - Menu

D-Pad Up     - Vote Yes
D-Pad Down - Vote No
D-Pad Right  - Night Vision
D-Pad Left    - Gas Mask

and for my mouse (MX500)

Button 1 - Fire
Button 2 - Zoom/Alternate Fire
Button 3 - Squad Channel
Button 4 - Team Commo Rose (again)

If some one wants me to, I can send you my actual profile for BF2.
swandive76
+1|6648

PitViper401 wrote:

I have one that I've been using for a while now

Normal Mode

01 - Score Screen          02 - Team Commo Rose     03 - Forward              04 - Enter/Exit Vehicle     05 - Reload
06 - Crouch                   07 - Strafe Left                  08 - Backward            09 - Strafe Right             10 - Pick Up Kit
11 - Sprint/Swim Fast     12 - Prone                         13 - Red Shift Key      14 - Change Camera

15(The thumb button by the lights) - Jump

Scroll Wheel Up     - Zoom Map
Scroll Wheel Click  - Spawn Screen
Scroll Wheel Down - Medpack/Ammo Bag/Wrench

Big Orange Button - Commander Screen

D-Pad Up     - Rocket Launcher/Grenades/Grenade Launcher
D-Pad Down - Main Weapon/Change Firing Mode
D-Pad Right  - Pistol
D-Pad Left    - Knife

Red Shift Mode

01 - Postion 2                 02 - Position 3                   03 - Normal               04 - Position 4                 05 - Position 5
06 - Position 1                07 - Normal                       08 - Normal               09 - Normal                    10 - Position 6
11 - Pop Smoke/Flares    12 - Command Channel     13 - Red Shift Key      14 - Squad Commo Rose

15(The thumb button by the lights) - Parachute

Scroll Wheel Up     - Normal
Scroll Wheel Click  - Normal
Scroll Wheel Down - Normal

Big Orange Button - Menu

D-Pad Up     - Vote Yes
D-Pad Down - Vote No
D-Pad Right  - Night Vision
D-Pad Left    - Gas Mask

and for my mouse (MX500)

Button 1 - Fire
Button 2 - Zoom/Alternate Fire
Button 3 - Squad Channel
Button 4 - Team Commo Rose (again)

If some one wants me to, I can send you my actual profile for BF2.
Hey man. Love your layout. Could you send it to me? swandive24ATyahoo.c o m

Much Apprecieated
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6714|Illinois
Its on its way.
swandive76
+1|6648
Thanks man.

Anyone got a config they like?
Chaos81
+5|6703

M730A2 wrote:

You all actually LLIKE your N52's?
I have one and it collects dust in the corner. Everyone I know that has one bitches about the response of the buttons... they feel slow to return. Mine is slow also.
I don't have one, but a friend does and all the thing does is sit in his closet. I've tried to use it, but like you said, response seems slow to me.
luckybaer
+10|6789| Going Feral
The only button that I don't like is whichever one I have the parachute on.  But whether keyboard or N52, that parachute button is a bitch.

I really like my N52.  I'm still on a learning curve, but I feel it has helped me improve quite a bit.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6786|Atlanta, GA USA
I don't have a problem with slow response with the N52.  However, I have upped the USB polling rate to 500Hz (instead of the default 125Hz), so that may affect things.  I like the N52; to me the keys are laid out for gaming better than a regular keyboard; they are all lined up instead of staggered.
swandive76
+1|6648

atlvolunteer wrote:

I don't have a problem with slow response with the N52.  However, I have upped the USB polling rate to 500Hz (instead of the default 125Hz), so that may affect things.  I like the N52; to me the keys are laid out for gaming better than a regular keyboard; they are all lined up instead of staggered.
Where did you change that setting? Ive always thought that when people ment slow response with the n52 was because the buttons are stiff. I didnt realize it was actually sending keystrokes slower.

Please let me know

swandive
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6786|Atlanta, GA USA
Here is the utility:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4469.html
Using the utility, you can change the polling to 250, 500, or 1000 Hz.  Most people use it to increase their mouse response, but it increases the polling rate for all USB devices, so theoretically could affect the response times for other devices (like the N52) as well.
I have never thought the keys were too stiff on my N52.  Mine is fairly new, so it may be something they fixed.  Actually, I take that back.  The orange button is way too stiff, so I only use it to switch to the map screen, and the wheel is stiff an a little hard to turn, so I don't use that much either.  Other than that, all of the keys are fine.
EDIT:  I don't know whether this utility actually affects performance with the N52, but it is possible.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2006-03-01 08:58:08)

swandive76
+1|6648

atlvolunteer wrote:

Here is the utility:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4469.html
Using the utility, you can change the polling to 250, 500, or 1000 Hz.  Most people use it to increase their mouse response, but it increases the polling rate for all USB devices, so theoretically could affect the response times for other devices (like the N52) as well.
I have never thought the keys were too stiff on my N52.  Mine is fairly new, so it may be something they fixed.  Actually, I take that back.  The orange button is way too stiff, so I only use it to switch to the map screen, and the wheel is stiff an a little hard to turn, so I don't use that much either.  Other than that, all of the keys are fine.
EDIT:  I don't know whether this utility actually affects performance with the N52, but it is possible.
Can you post your layout for you n52 for battlefield? Im still working on the perfect one
luckybaer
+10|6789| Going Feral
I am able to adjust the polling of my mouse (Razer Diamondback).  Since I am now wondering if the app linked above would mess up my mouse's polling, I think I'll leave well enough alone.  LOL.
InnerMonkey
+62|6733
I gave one to one of my last friends that didn't have an n52 for xmas.  His stats leap up after he started using it.    I think it's just b/c you're not hunting keys all over the keyboard.  As it is, the only thing I use the keyboard for is team/squad chat.

I've seen some stuff in here I might have to try in my own profile.  I've never found a quick weapon switch setup that I liked, but some of these look good.  As a matter of fact, if anyone would, please email your profile to puffbuster-at-gmail-dot-com.
Tearsofromance
+0|6701|Canada
<3 my zboard kthx
swandive76
+1|6648
Where is the best place for Reloading? on the mouse or keyboard/n52?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6786|Atlanta, GA USA

luckybaer wrote:

I am able to adjust the polling of my mouse (Razer Diamondback).  Since I am now wondering if the app linked above would mess up my mouse's polling, I think I'll leave well enough alone.  LOL.
Are you talking about polling rate (in Hz) or mouse resolution (DPI)?  They are two different things.  Windows XP has a default polling rate of 125Hz for USB devices.  This can be increased using the utility or other methods.  In addition, some mice have the ability to change resolutions.  For example, on the MX518 you can set the DPI anywhere from 400 - 1600 DPI, and it can be switched on the fly.  Is this what you are talking about, or can the software for the Diamondback actually update the polling rate?  If it can update the polling rate, then you don't need the utility. 
This utility can be used to determine what your polling rate is:
http://tscherwitschke.de/mouseratechecker.html

swandive: I already posted my layout above.
swandive76
+1|6648
oh sorry man. i wasnt looking at the names of posters close enough. Thanks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard