Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635
Right long story short, it's been a lonngg time since I played this game new PC wanted me to test out what it really looked like I used to run everything on very low.

I'd lost my disk but still had my manual with CD key, so I dowloaded the games (oh noez illegalityz!) blah, installed used cd key, bingo.

Got a NO cd crack, and I don't know if it's the crack, Vista, or what is it at all, but when I opent the game it fullscreens a black screen then minimizes then does it again then closes all together.

I've tried running it in windows XP compatability mode, and also tried running it as aministrator?

Any help guys?

Ben
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Right long story short, it's been a lonngg time since I played this game new PC wanted me to test out what it really looked like I used to run everything on very low.

I'd lost my disk but still had my manual with CD key, so I dowloaded the games (oh noez illegalityz!) blah, installed used cd key, bingo.

Got a NO cd crack, and I don't know if it's the crack, Vista, or what is it at all, but when I opent the game it fullscreens a black screen then minimizes then does it again then closes all together.

I've tried running it in windows XP compatability mode, and also tried running it as aministrator?

Any help guys?

Ben
Have you turned off Vista UAC? I'm not techy but that MIGHT have something to do with it?
#rekt
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635
Didn't work
Fateless
+36|6212|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Is the nocd the correct version? Also, becuase a nocd crack changes the .exe expect to get kicked/banned. Use a mini image instead. PM me if you cant find one.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635

Fateless wrote:

Is the nocd the correct version? Also, becuase a nocd crack changes the .exe expect to get kicked/banned. Use a mini image instead. PM me if you cant find one.
I used a NO CD and I've tried just using the image file on a virtual drive and still does the same thing!

still no fix guys
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

There's a copy of BF2+SF on ebay for $0.99. If you just bought a new PC, another couple of dollars won't break the bank.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635

chittydog wrote:

There's a copy of BF2+SF on ebay for $0.99. If you just bought a new PC, another couple of dollars won't break the bank.
Totally irrelevant, I shouldn't have to buy a new copy..

PS: You obviously don't know how to use eBay aswell.

Last edited by Picouz/VoiD (2008-07-02 08:44:21)

Fateless
Ok, try running it in a window to see if theres any specific error msg. Right click on your shortcut and in the target window change "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 to 0 . Post back when you've tried that.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635

Fateless wrote:

Ok, try running it in a window to see if theres any specific error msg. Right click on your shortcut and in the target window change "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 to 0 . Post back when you've tried that.
Just tried this, it opened up a black window no error message and then closed again?
Fateless

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Fateless wrote:

Just tried this, it opened up a black window no error message and then closed again?
Hmm, ok next try going to C:\Documents and Settings\You\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default and open the Video.con with notepad. Look at the line that says VideoSettings.setResolution and look at the resolution\refresh rate. Match that to your desktop resolution/refresh rate and try again.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635
Tried thatstill doesn't work, just goes back to desktop.
Fateless
Ok, what are the specs of your new PC? What driver are you using for your vid-card etc?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Totally irrelevant, I shouldn't have to buy a new copy..

PS: You obviously don't know how to use eBay aswell.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635

Fateless wrote:

Ok, what are the specs of your new PC? What driver are you using for your vid-card etc?
8600M GT
4 gig ram
intel core2 duo  2ghz

my mate has a totally different PC and g card / specs and he has the same problem too
Fateless

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Fateless wrote:

8600M GT
4 gig ram
intel core2 duo  2ghz

my mate has a totally different PC and g card / specs and he has the same problem too
So its a laptop then? Im gonna guess its Vista you're running as well. Also im going to guess its 32bit. Go into the Nvida control panel, then Help, then system information and tell me what driver version you have.

According to my guesses, the latest driver for that card is 167.51, which is still BETA. Also in the drivers section i cant actually see the exact same model as the one you have, but the 8700m maybe can be used.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635
You're 100% correct on your guesses laptop, vista, 32bit, im using driver version 169.28 and it took me ALONG time to get working drivers because my model isn't listed on the site, as you mentioned.

Do you think I should download 167.51 for the 8700m?

Ben
Fateless
Hmm, well no. After further reading on the readme.txt, i noticed your card wasn't supported. However, there is a older driver version with a modded .inf file that may work for you.

Intructions: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/ind … topic=9243

Driver: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/ind … opic=18113

Before i did any of that, I'd either try using Badhq's BFtools, found here: http://twoblacklines.com/games/badhq_Tools.zip , or trying a fresh install, starting the game without patching. Let me know how it goes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard