DarkObsidian
+6|6634|Arizona, USA
Battlefield 2 Etiquette & Legit Strategy
        DarkObsidian

Introduction:
This is just a list of things that should be followed in order to obtain the ultimate BF2
experience for both yourself and others.
Make suggestions and I'll add them.
This is going to be constantly added to so please, give me your input
Also, it'd be nice if this could be stickied please.

If you become angry or frusterated because you didn't get a vehicle, someone killed
the person you were about to, someone TK'd you etc.
It may be hard, either keep going or just leave the server

When running or walking near friendlies, be aware of their fire sectors.
Example: A friendly is on the ground with an M249, PKM, RPK, MG23 etc. etc.
A friendly sniper is aiming (You can tell by looking at the positioning of his rifle)
DON'T WALK IN FRONT OF THEM! Always try to avoid their line of fire by going behind
them or if they're standing and shooting, prone and go under, and pay attention when
others are throwing grenades. TIP: Try contrasting with the sky to see grenades go by
easier. Be careful if you're in hostile territory though

NEVER EVER KILL A FRIENDLY FOR A VEHICLE

If someone is waiting for a vehicle, let them have it.

Don't whore a vehicle or the commander spot for more than a round or two, it's just not
polite.

If you get mad because someone is abusing a weapon (I.E. Claymore whoring, constant diving
with the PKM) Just leave or find a way to counter it. I understand though, easier said than done.
However, this is much better than causing a scene and a flame war in the middle of a game.

When someone is trying to have a serious conversation, don't say stupid shit like "Your mom"
etc. It's immature and just plain stupid.

If you TK someone apologize for it. Typing it out is alot better than using the Q commo and saying sorry.
(FSFGrimes)

Don't punish for a TK if it was an accident, punishing does not affect score and they already feel the wrath of the teamkill in their points. Only punish for teamkills done on purpose.

Dont shout at the commander via voicecom, if he accidently kills you one time with his arty

Dont start mutiny votes against a commander without any obivous reason (2 seconds after a round started)
If you start a kickvote against someone, care to explain everyone why you are trying to kick him.
Eboreus

Do not run towards the commanders artillery. It's no power-up!!!
DuVeL

If you get TK'd from being a smacktard, don't even think about punishing!
mcminty

Always forgive TeamKills when it is not always obvious how you got tk'd. (in a plane and you are killed because of a wild heatseeker,etc.)
.:|bAd|:. CrazyTalk

Try to be mature (and if you're not; just act!)
PvtchieF73

Not everyone apreciates you picking up their kid to revive them.
F.Rabshaw
Don't lay down next to snipers and snipe, it's drawing more attention to you both.
F.Rabshaw
Don't get in the chopper gunner seat  if you don't know what right clicking does.
F.Rabshaw
Don't continuously revive someone that is around a corner and dies the second you revive them by a tank.
F.Rabshaw

Vehicles have breaks! Use them! Don't ram into other peoples vehicles because you're impatient or greedy.
Drive around or wait one or two seconds until the bottleneck is clear/ passed. Hold distance.
Crashing into the vehicle of your team gains you no advantage.
d-tect
Faster units should wait for slower onces (tank & apc, jeep & apc, etc). Fighting together is an advantage for yourself and your team.
d-tect
Never, never...block the way for others. Don´t put your vehicle in the way, when your team needs/ wants to pass a bottleneck.
d-tect
Join SQUADS and do what squadleader & commander told you. As SL don´t confirm orders if don´t follow them. Don´t join/ create squads if you want to play on your own.
d-tect
Play not own your own - play for and with your team. Teamwork is possible even on public servers.
d-tect

Look both ways before crossing a street, watch for tanks, APCs, and cars.
DuVeL

Read the server rules while you sit patiently waiting for the game to load. If it says NO VEHICLES, NO COMMANDER, GROUND TROOPS ONLY, then take this into account - if you want to play in tanks go elsewhere. If you can't read the server rules because they are in another language then go elsewhere to ensure you don't upset people
megaboost
"NEED AMMO" - this means I need some ammo, it doesn't mean I want to chase you across the entire map only to have you TK me because I scared you.
megaboost

If someone requests a pickup, make sure you really pick him up - dont let him come near and drive away
Eboreus
If you are pilot and someone enters your vehicle as gunner, live with it and try to make the best of it - dont just sit around like an idiot, waiting for the person to bail out - there is no spot with you and your best friends name printed on the vehicle
Eboreus

If someone you don't like gets in the gunner seat, don't drive them to out of bounds so they die.
jord

Don't create a 1 man locked squad. Theres a limit to how many squads can be created.
Stomper_40k

If you´re not familiar with any miltary terms (e.g. "FRAG OUT !"), go back to Mario Kart....
HellHead
If you play support or medic :  1. The ammo and medic bags are no personal fun items to serve your own             
                                                 pleasure. Which leads us to...
                                             2. STAY WITH YOUR SQUAD ! They need you, you know ?
HellHead
If you´re the pilot of loaded Blackhawk : TELL THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK, IF YOU FEEL A SUDDEN URGE TO GO SKYDIVING.
HellHead

Don't spawn at the start of the round, and take a boat/heli/vehicle and drive away on your own.
RonSeal
No one likes a Rambo
RonSeal

If you can't fly a jet or heli well, don't try and waste everyone's time. Go back to single player and learn how to first.
Torin

If you are a pilot check the radar screen before unloading bombs on a juicy looking enemy flag. If you can check it for red dots you can see your teammate's dots as well.
KurtisMayfield

Medic's please learn how to use your kit properly. Remember that you can revive fallen team mates.
theDude5B
Medic's and Support Kit's, be aware when you hear a team mate asking for a medic or ammo. Sometimes the person might be standing right next to you. It is not nice to be ignored.
theDude5B

Don't steal vehicles when they hop out to remove a mine or repair their vehicle
monkeyboy

Grabbing a Hummer and positioning myself in just the right place to get 8 or 9 kills and switching into the turret, then having some one jump in and drive me into an arty barrage or a tank and instant death.
nodehopper

Last edited by DarkObsidian (2006-03-01 16:06:04)

FSFGrimes
+1|6740
H. If you TK someone apologize for it. Typing it out is alot better than using the Q commo and saying sorry.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6645
I. Dont shout at the commander via voicecom, if he accidently kills you one time with his arty
J. Dont start mutiny votes against a commander without any obivous reason (2 seconds after a round started)
K. If you start a kickvote against someone, care to explain everyone why you are trying to kick him

(nice idea btw - tho I dont think it will help ><)

Last edited by Eboreus (2006-03-01 00:52:21)

.:|bAd|:. CrazyTalk
+0|6690
Always forgive TeamKills when it is not always obvious how you got tk'd. (in a plane and you are killed because of a wild heatseeker,etc.)
It shows class.... lol
DuVeL
+2|6667|New Gitland, the Netherlands
Do not run towards the commanders artillery. It's no power-up!!!
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6719|Sydney, Australia

DarkObsidian wrote:

B. When running or walking near friendlies, be aware of their fire sectors.
Example: A friendly is on the ground with an M249, PKM, RPK, MG23 etc. etc.
A friendly sniper is aiming (You can tell by looking at the positioning of his rifle)
DON'T WALK IN FRONT OF THEM! Always try to avoid their line of fire by going behind
them or if they're standing and shooting, prone and go under, and pay attention when
others are throwing grenades. TIP: Try contrasting with the sky to see grenades go by
easier. Be careful if you're in hostile territory though
And if you are teamkilled by your own stupidity, don't even think about punishing.
PvtchieF73
+15|6707|Netherlands
Z : i think in general, try to be mature (and if you're not; just act!)
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6671|Australia
Yes. Apologise for teamkilling me and i wont punish you, its that simple. Im sure im the only one who doesnt always punish.

However i wished people extended the same courteousness.

For example ive been flying alot lately and when i fire the MGs into an enemy base, and i accidentally hit a team member then say sorry, DONT PUNISH ME, its not like i was aiming for you.
F.Rabshaw
+37|6680
you may not agree with me on this one...

Don't pick up my kit if I'm a medic to revive me. I don't want your crappy kit. I'd rather wait 15 seconds than have a random person pick the kit I play with.

also...

Don't lay down next to me when I'm a sniper and snipe from the same spot.

Don't blow up transprt vehicles for fun.

Don't get in the chopper gunner seat  if you don't know what right clicking does.

Don't continuously revive someone that is around a corner and dies the second you revive them by a tank.

Last edited by F.Rabshaw (2006-03-01 01:47:11)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6719|Sydney, Australia

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

For example ive been flying alot lately and when i fire the MGs into an enemy base, and i accidentally hit a team member then say sorry, DONT PUNISH ME, its not like i was aiming for you.
Sometimes I have accidentily hit my own guys while defending a flag from a tank. The base has been neutralised and the tank is about to capture it. So I bonb the tank, destroying it. Oh no, I accidentily killed a teammate while saving us from defeat.

Its like "next time ill let them take our last flag if you are goning to punish"
d11fdj
+3|6748|Athens
Ok i have a question for you:

What is the proper etiquette when you're being hounded by 6 clan members??

i.e.  If one guy keeps on running in front of your plane when you're taking off, then 5 of his clan friends decide to ruin your game experience??  By the way, the clan was the AC clan (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr).
d-tect
+0|6643|hamburg
1) vehicle have breaks! - use it, I hate people that bump into your car/ tank, apc, etc, because they want the first to capture the flag or something like that. Drive around or wait one or two seconds until the bottleneck is clear/ passed. Hold distance. Crashing into the vehicle of your team gains you no advantage.
2) Faster units should wait for slower onces (tank & apc, jeep & apc, etc). Fighting together is an advantage for yourself and your team.
3) Never, never......block the way for other. Don´t put your vehicle in the way, when your team needs/ wants to pass this bottleneck.
4) Join sQUADS and do what squadleader & commander told you. As SL don´t confirm orders if don´t follow them. Don´t join/ create squads if you want to play on your own.
5) Don´t punish pussy! Only punishing is allowed (in my mind) for intentional TK´s. An AA-Missle that hits you is NOT an intentional TK, as you know AA is not able to lock on friendly units.
6) Play not own your own - play for and with your team. Teamwork is possible even on public servers.
DuVeL
I thought of another anoying one. People intend to run just infront of your tank (you can break but usually it's allready to late because you couldn't see them coming). Do watch out a bit when you tend to cross the street, you should be able to hear your tank moving, if not, you're a n00b.
And if you accidently got hit by your own tank, don't punish right away (this also counts for people trying to C4 the enemy tank/APC and a teamm8 shoots it down with a tank/APC.
Masta_Daco
+39|6735|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

d-tect wrote:

5) Don´t punish pussy! Only punishing is allowed (in my mind) for intentional TK´s. An AA-Missle that hits you is NOT an intentional TK, as you know AA is not able to lock on friendly units.
i dont agree with that i was 1 time having a dogfight on wake island and the guy saw me shooting my mg's at it and still he fired his own missles and hit me so i decided to punish him but most of the time i dont punish.
DarkObsidian
+6|6634|Arizona, USA
Thanks guys Keep them coming! Newbs and N00bs alike need to read this, the n00bs may not be salvagable, but at least we can teach the newer guys not to be smactards.
List updated.
megaboost
+14|6681|Englandshire
How about:

"Read the server rules while you sit patiently waiting for the game to load. If it says NO VEHICLES, NO COMMANDER, GROUND TROOPS ONLY, then take this into account - if you want to play in tanks go elsewhere. If you can't read the server rules because they are in another language then go elsewhere to ensure you don't upset people"

"NEED AMMO" - this means I need some ammo, it doesn't mean I want to chase you across the entire map only to have you TK me because I scared you.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6645
- If someone requests a pickup, make sure you really pick him up - dont let him come near and drive away

- If you are pilot and someone enters your vehicle as gunner, live with it and try to make the best of it - dont just sit around like an idiot, waiting for the person to bail out - there is no spot with you and your best friends name printed on the vehicle
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

Eboreus wrote:

- If someone requests a pickup, make sure you really pick him up - dont let him come near and drive away

- If you are pilot and someone enters your vehicle as gunner, live with it and try to make the best of it - dont just sit around like an idiot, waiting for the person to bail out - there is no spot with you and your best friends name printed on the vehicle
And if someone you dont like gets in the gunner seat dont drive them to out of bounds so they die.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6643|Cardiff - Wales - UK
Don't create a 1 man locked squad.  theres a limit to how many squads can be created.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6707|Germany
Be aware of the angle of sight !!!
Other than to real life ( close to 180°, I think) the player only has a sight angle of like 90°.
Always keep that in mind if you approach another player from the side, for whatever reason !
Especially if you´re in a vehicle howling ass down the road...The reason why the other guy doesn´t stop          running across the steet in front of you is simply because he´s NOT ABLE TO SEE YOU !

If you´re not familiar with any miltary terms (e.g. "FRAG OUT !"), go back to Mario Kart....

If you play support or medic :  1. The ammo and medic bags are no personal fun items to serve your own             
                                                 pleasure. Which leads us to...
                                             2. STAY WITH YOUR SQUAD ! They need you, you know ?

If you´re the pilot of loaded Blackhawk : TELL THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK, IF YOU FEEL A SUDDEN URGE TO GO SKYDIVING.

Last edited by HellHead (2006-03-01 05:24:26)

RonSeal
+1|6718
Don't spawn at the start of the round, and take a boat/heli/vehicle and drive away on your own.

Especially when another 15 - 20 players are spawning behind you !

No one likes a rambo.....
Trooper_Collider
+25|6742
E. Don't whore a vehicle or the commander spot for more than a round or two, it's just not
polite.

The person with the highest rank has the right to apply for Commander as much times as he wants. That's the rule. Plain and simple. Wanna command? Apply, but if u dont get the job is bcoz probably a more qualified player got it. That's the privilege of the rank. Not polite?  For Xrist sake! This is not a Debutants Ball!! Or what? r u waiting for a special invitation to be the commander?. There is something called Chain of command, and all of us have to respect it.  Dont want ur commander? Mutiny! If everybody thinks the same way he'll be kicked out!

Q. Not everyone apreciates you picking up their kit to revive them.

Well, that's too bad! I personally dont give a sh...t  if not everyone appreciates it; a dead soldier means one ticket down for the team. It has to be done in order to avoid losing that ticket!! That simple. In ANY and ALL cases it must be done. Not doing it just bcoz a 12-y-o kiddo doesn't like ur kit and wants to keep on earning points as a medic is selfish. Switching the kit to avoid losing a ticket is a duty! Besides, that dead person could be ur buddy, or member of ur squad. Would u let him die? I couldn't!

Semper Fi!

Last edited by Trooper_Collider (2006-03-01 06:48:37)

DuVeL

HellHead wrote:

Be aware of the angle of sight !!!
Other than to real life ( close to 180°, I think) the player only has a sight angle of like 90°.
Always keep that in mind if you approach another player from the side, for whatever reason !
Especially if you´re in a vehicle howling ass down the road...The reason why the other guy doesn´t stop          running across the steet in front of you is simply because he´s NOT ABLE TO SEE YOU !
But he can hear you, some people really don't use their headset. What I was talking about:
If the tank or jeep really couldn't help it running you over, don't punish.
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6651
Don't use the words "whore" and "whoring" as suffixes for every behavior, strategy, or action that you disagree with or wouldn't use yourself.  Not everyone plays the game exactly like you do, and the various strategies and player behaviors that exist make this game rather interesting.  Nothing is more annoying than listening to people whine incessantly about "sniper whores" or "artillery whores" or any other "whore" for that matter.
Torin
+52|6690
If you can't fly a jet or heli well, don't try and waste everyone's time. Go back to single player and learn how to first.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard