Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.
Ok, so far the Barbarian and the Witch Doctor have been announced. And then obviously there will be a class like the Rogue/Amazon and the Sorcerer/ess. If they don't go with those it will seem kinda weird. What do you think the 5th class will be? What kind of skills do you think it will have?
Roc18
`
+655|5793|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Maybe a Pally
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
what makes you think there are only 5 classes? Or does it say on the website somewhere?
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6356|West NY
It's in the FAQ.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.
It said on the website that there were going to be 5 in the release. That could very possibly change though.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Ah ok, i suspect the expansion will have 2-3 more though.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
Templar will be the new Paladin - just a heads up
Sorceress will be back(It has now inherited nature from the druid)
Amazon will be back(it will now have a skill set for dual wielding daggers(yes it has a bit of assassin to it)
-You heard it here first!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Amazon will be back(it will now have a skill set for dual wielding daggers(yes it has a bit of assassin to it)
i kinda like those ideas. I always wanted the ranged character to have good melee abilities with it. i know the amazon had the javelins but i wish it could have a good sword (or dual daggers like you said)

I hope they make the 5th character completely original and it is something that hasent been done yet. i cant think of what that could possibly be though...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I think the Amazon inheriting nature would have made a bit more sense ... oh well.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California

Stingray24 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I think the Amazon inheriting nature would have made a bit more sense ... oh well.
lmao I just bullshited all of that from my ass.
If any of that becomes true or anywhere close, well then you heard it only from me first!
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada
I fucking loved the Sorceress and her blizzard attack thingy.

They'd better put that skill in.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6356|West NY

Kamikaze17 wrote:

I hope they make the 5th character completely original and it is something that hasent been done yet. i cant think of what that could possibly be though...
You can't guess what it could possibly be but you you could make up some pretty cool ideas, couldn't you?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California

DefCon-17 wrote:

lmao that was indeed a good skill if you had the items to max out the skill + cold damage
Fathom + Nightwings w/5% cold facets, 2xSoJs, My duped Viper Tramples boots(+13 dex +7Str 10FHR +20all Resist), Arachnids, Armageddon Fletch(omfg godly amulet!, maxed spirit shield, FCR Gloves = gg build lmao
Or a No Str build Mana Shield Build sorc.

Last edited by =NHB=Shadow (2008-06-29 22:46:50)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6356|West NY

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

lmao that was indeed a good skill if you had the items to max out the skill + cold damage
Fathom + Nightwings w/5% cold facets, 2xSoJs, My duped Viper Tramples boots(+13 dex +7Str 10FHR +20all Resist), Arachnids, Rare +2 Sorc Amulet(duped ones), maxed spirit shield, FCR Gloves = gg build lmao
LolDiabloAddict
amirite
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California

Noobpatty wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Fathom + Nightwings w/5% cold facets, 2xSoJs, My duped Viper Tramples boots(+13 dex +7Str 10FHR +20all Resist), Arachnids, Rare +2 Sorc Amulet(duped ones), maxed spirit shield, FCR Gloves = gg build lmao
LolDiabloAddict
amirite
Yeah, expect i tried to go on my account today and it expired fuck..
Level 90 Paladin, 85 Sorc, 80 Assassain, 85 Amazon, 89 Druid, 79 Sorc, 85 Barb down the fucking drain
I had items all together which I could have ebayed for like a couple hundred...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Fathom + Nightwings w/5% cold facets, 2xSoJs, My duped Viper Tramples boots(+13 dex +7Str 10FHR +20all Resist), Arachnids, Armageddon Fletch(omfg godly amulet!, maxed spirit shield, FCR Gloves = gg build lmao
I only remember SoJs and the Arachnids.
SoJs are those rings that the creepy demon woman thingy drops on extremely rare occasions, right..?
Stone of Jordan!

The item I remember most is the Shako.
After that, probably Tal's armor....or something.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California

DefCon-17 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

SoJs are those rings that the creepy demon woman thingy drops on extremely rare occasions, right..?
Stone of Jordan!

Haha yeah!
I know alot of items, but a lot of new duped/rare items are showing and i dont know those lol
steveloven
+17|6674
I also hope they have a ton of cool new items worth trading. Trading was a blast.
Hawkers
THOOOM
+9|5971|Maidenhead
Necromancer?!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Noobpatty wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

You can't guess what it could possibly be but you you could make up some pretty cool ideas, couldn't you?
Wouldn't that be the witchdoctor? Sorta like the druid, I guess...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-06-30 04:24:59)

Dwit
+34|6512
Barbarian
Witch doctor
--------------
Some kind of holy class (paladin etc.)
Some kind of mage (sorcerers)
Some kind of Amazon/assassin character, somebody has to use a bow
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Actually the witchdoctor pretty much took the role of necromancer
Horrify - previous skill from necromancer(think it was a different name)
Zombie Wall - Same as bonewall except it does damage
Summons - same thing as necromancer(it also has that skill that can blow up corpses)
Locust Swarm - kind of like one of the skills from curses of necromancer :p
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Stone of Jordan!

Haha yeah!
I know alot of items, but a lot of new duped/rare items are showing and i dont know those lol
I'd start playing again, but I think my CD keys are banned.

Last time I lend a game out to a friend..

Edit: Nevermind, it works.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-06-30 10:05:50)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Actually the witchdoctor pretty much took the role of necromancer
Horrify - previous skill from necromancer(think it was a different name)
Zombie Wall - Same as bonewall except it does damage
Summons - same thing as necromancer(it also has that skill that can blow up corpses)
Locust Swarm - kind of like one of the skills from curses of necromancer :p
The witch doctor can also throw molotov cocktails or whatever those are. They erupt into a djinn thing, which looks like it should be a sorceress ability. The druid in D2 could summon weird wolf things and use different kinds of poisons. The weird dogs are like wolves. I don't really think it's really taken the place of the necromancer, since the D2 necro couldn't make zombies: only golems and skeletons.

I'd say it's somewhere between sorcerer (borrowing from D1), druid and necromancer. I'd find it hard to believe that they'd take necromancer out, with all the ever-popular curses, bone missiles, skeletons and golems. Here's what I'd like to see in one tree, assuming all skills still level from 0-20:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/ArmyofDarkness.jpg
Skill tree named just for a joke.

All skeleton units have 90% resistance to poison and dark, regardless of difficulty. May have a max of 20 skeleton units active. May have a max of 1 skeleton captain active. Captains spawn equipped regardless of skeleton mastery chances.

Skeleton Warrior: (each level increases max skeleton warriors by 1 (max 20), and hps).
L1: Summons 1 skeleton warrior armed with a bone club. Each following level increases chances that summoned skeleton's attack speed might be swifter by x%.

Skeleton Mastery: Upgrades HP, AR, AC and resistance vs (lightning, cold, fire and holy) of all summoned necromancer units.
L3: Adds chance to equip skeletons with helmets; increases by level.
L6: Adds chance to equip skeleton warriors and mages with shields; increases by level.
L9: Adds chance to equip skeletons with armor; increases by level.
L12: Adds chance to equip warriors and archers with random +elemental (random type) damage weapons; increases by level.
L15: Adds chance to equip mages with select random level 1 skills of their type, dealing the (modified) same amount of damage as their normal hits, but with a chance to get a skill that does damage to multiple targets (i.e., lightning mage that casts charged bolt every now and then.) Skill strength equal to mage level. Chance increases by level.
L18: Adds chance to equip captains with select random skills of their 'class,' (mage stuff, warrior stuff and archer stuff, limited to level 6) dealing the (modified) same amount of damage as their normal hits. Skill strength equal to captain level; increases by level.

Vile Parasite:
Slows enemies for x seconds, draining x health each second and distributing it to, by priority, the necromancer, the skeleton captain and three of the most damaged skeleton minions. Effectiveness increases by level.
Note: May be cast by warrior/mage capt, archer/mage capt at 1/3 skill level. May be cast by mage capt at 2/3 skill level.

Skeleton Warrior Upgrade (each level increases skeleton warrior damage):
L1: Skeleton warriors spawn with swords instead of bone clubs.
L3: Skeleton warriors may randomly spawn with sword or hammer.
L6: Skeleton warriors may randomly spawn with sword, hammer or axe.
L9: Skeleton warriors may randomly spawn with sword, hammer, axe or spear.
L12: Adds chance that sword, hammer or axe may be two-handed for extra damage by x% (increases each following level).

Skeleton Archer (each level increases max skeleton warriors by 1 (max 20), and hps):
L1: Summons 1 skeleton armed with a shortbow.

Skeleton Warrior Captain (each level increases hps; affected by skeleton warrior upgrade):
L1: Aura inspires skeleton warriors and archers to strike for greater damage. Effectiveness increases by level.

Skeleton Mage (each level increases max skeleton warriors by 1 (max 20), and hps).
L1: Summons 1 skeleton mage that throws random types of damage potions.

Skeleton Archer Upgrade (each level increases skeleton archer damage):
L1: Skeleton archers spawn with longbows or shortbows.
L3: Skeleton archers have a x% chance (increasing by level) to fire a piercing shot (going through multiple targets).
L6: Skeleton archers have a x% chance (increasing by level) to fire two arrows in one shot.
L9: Skeleton archers have a x% chance (increasing by level) to fire a fire arrow.
L12: Skeleton archers have a x% chance (increasing by level) to fire three arrows in one shot.
L15: Skeleton archers have a x% chance (increasing by level) to fire a cold arrow.
L18: Skeleton archers have a x% chance (increasing by level) to fire a magic arrow.
Note: Fire/cold may trigger on successful multishot roll. Could be possible to see two cold arrows and a fire arrow fired in one shot by a single skeleton archer. x% chance might have to be low for balance.

Skeleton Mage Upgrade (each level increases skeleton mage damage):
L1: Skeleton mages have a x% chance (increasing by level) to be armed with fire magic.
L3: Skeleton mages have a x% chance (increasing by level) to be armed with fire or lightning magic.
L6: Skeleton mages have a x% chance (increasing by level) to be armed with fire, lightning or cold magic.
L9: Skeleton mages have a x% chance (increasing by level) to be armed with fire, lightning, cold or poison magic.
L12: Skeleton mages have a x% chance (increasing by level) to be armed with fire, lightning, cold, poison or direct magic.

Skeleton Archer Captain (each level increases hps; affected by skeleton archer upgrade):
L1: Aura inspires skeleton warriors and archers to strike with greater attack speed. Effectiveness increases by level.

Skeleton Warrior/Mage Captain (each level increases hps):
A combo of warrior/mage. Equipped by both skeleton warrior upgrade and skeleton mage upgrade. May create one skeleton warrior outside of necromancer limitations. If the captain dies, its skeleton dies.
L1: Aura inspires skeleton warriors and archers to strike for greater elemental damage.

Skeleton Mage Captain (each level increases hps; affected by skeleton mage upgrade):
A combo of warrior/mage. Equipped by both skeleton warrior upgrade and skeleton mage upgrade. May create one skeleton mage outside of necromancer limitations. If the captain dies, its skeleton dies.
L1: Aura adds x% chance to blind enemies for x seconds every 10 seconds. Effectiveness increases by level.

Skeleton Archer/Mage Captain (each level increases hps; affected by skeleton archer upgrade):
A combo of archer/mage. Equipped by both skeleton warrior upgrade and skeleton mage upgrade. May create one skeleton archer outside of necromancer limitations. If the captain dies, its skeleton dies.
L1: Aura increases the flight speed, accuracy and damage of all skeleton archer and mage basic projectiles. Effectiveness increases by level.

Charm Bone:
Captain casting may control 1 undead unit outside of necromancer limitations. If the captain dies, its skeleton dies.
L1: Takes control of up 1 undead unit. Increases by 1 every 3 levels for a max of 7.
Note: May also be cast by warrior/mage capt at 1/3 skill level. May be cast by mage capt at 2/3 skill level.

Revive:
Captain casting may revive 1 creature outside of necromancer limitations. If the captain dies, its skeleton dies.
L1: Revives a non-unique boss (with only one of its randomly-generated special abilities) under the necromancer's control for x seconds. Duration and +% original health increases by level.
L6: Allows a second randomly-generated special ability to be kept. Duration and +% original health increases by level.
L12: Allows a third randomly-generated ability to be kept. Duration and +% original health increases by level.
L18: Duration is permanent. +% original health increases by level.
Note: May also be cast by warrior/mage capt and archer mage capt at 1/3 skill level. May be cast by mage capt at 2/3 skill level.

Poison Marrow:
L1: AoE curse - enemies resistance to poison drops by x% amount for x% seconds. Allied necromancer minions (including non-skeletons) have a chance to poison enemies by x-x damage for x seconds. Effectiveness increases by level.
Note: May also be cast by archer/mage capt at 1/3 skill level. May be cast by mage capt at 2/3 skill level.

===

Note: I know it looks a bit strained, but that's the way concept stuff goes. If I had the time to look it over this again in a couple days, I'd merge the upgrades into what they originally upgrade (i.e., merge warrior upg and skeleton warrior) and fill in the empty space with golems stuff (it doesn't look like there's horseback yet, so I held off on skeletal steeds), but I'm happy with the way I think the skeletons'd feel in a game, with some balance adjustments of course.
Of course, if I don't get the necromancer, there's always the expansion...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-06-30 14:16:19)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Meh, my Zealot Paladin wreaked everything in PvE.

Lvl 20 Zeal + Lvl 20 Lightning Aura + Unique Flail that has very fast attack speed and mana steal = RAPE RAPE RAPE!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard