HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

oug wrote:

Oh the ignorance! It is blatantly obvious that none of you has ever had the pleasure of tasting white truffle.
You're telling me a bit of food is worth as much as a complex piece of electronics like a PSP? I should start farming truffles.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-06-19 16:01:54)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California

kylef wrote:

No offence, but I think most of you guys going "wtf $200?" have no idea about the ingredient quality going into that.
No offense....but I don't think you have ever eaten at burger king.

You can give a 4 year old as much carbon fiber and aluminum as you like, he still wont build you a lotus.
BVC
+325|6696
Whats the bet the cook drops it on the floor and still serves it...
csmag
+92|6448|Canada

Pubic wrote:

I'll bet a $200 dollar burger from Burger King.

Any takers?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5792|Dublin, Ohio

Pubic wrote:

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

euros cant make a burger for shit
We put a fried egg and beetroot in ours.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

HurricaИe wrote:

oug wrote:

Oh the ignorance! It is blatantly obvious that none of you has ever had the pleasure of tasting white truffle.
You're telling me a bit of food is worth as much as a complex piece of electronics like a PSP? I should start farming truffles.
Umm yeah! Although if you were to start farming them now, the truffles would probably be harvested by your kids or something...

And who knows how much the new gen. of PSPs will cost
ƒ³
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA
I love the name of it.
loop eneg
Banned
+51|5818|Crossroads, Barrens, Dreamaul

SealXo wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

kylef wrote:

No offence, but I think most of you guys going "wtf $200?" have no idea about the ingredient quality going into that.
I bet the $8 burger at this restaurant near my home would be well above satisfactory for any person. Why not buy that, then spend the remaining $192 on charity?

I really don't get the deal with fancy expensive shit. It can usually taste amazing, but not always. For instance last night I went to this semi-fancy restaurant, and I ordered some scallops. They were good, but for the price I expected way more food. And what's with the dress codes?! It doesn't matter if I'm in a tuxedo or in shorts and a t-shirt... it's not like I'm suddenly gonna run out of the place without paying.
Lol, I dont really get the dress to impress, but i get dining places.

Its when youre buying a car that really pisses me off.
You walk into a benz dealer with shorts and a white tshirt and you could be looking at a car for 10 minutes with NOONE else in the showroom, and noone will comeover and talk to you.

but tbh its the people with no money are the ones who dress up to buy cars they cant afford.
Oh so true. A few years back me and my mother were looking for a new TV in Harvey Norman. She picked me up straight from school, her still in her work clothes and we went and had a look. Stood around for ages with not a single bit of service. We left about 45 minutes later, came back on the weekend to buy the one we were looking at and walked in in our flashier looking clothes and literally within 5 minutes we were served.

Also, I tend to hate fancy foods. The only thing different from it and cooking at home (if you're not completely horrid at cooking) is that it looks fancier and there is less of it... I'd rather go to a pub for a meal tbh. Get lots, it's cheap and tastes no different...
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH

usmarine2 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

I was trolling but had to sign in for this XD
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
Probably taste like shit too..
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6329|105 RVK

SEREVENT wrote:

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

LONDON —  It's known as the home of 'The Whopper' and Burger King is hoping its latest product really lives up to its reputation. The fast-food giant launched a $200 burger Wednesday — all in the name of charity.

" The fine ingredients of what is called simply 'The Burger' include Wagyu beef, white truffles, Pata Negra ham slices, Cristal onion straws, Modena balsamic vinegar, lambs lettuce, pink Himalayan rock salt, organic white wine and shallot infused mayonnaise in an Iranian saffron and white truffle dusted bun. "

http://www.foxnews.com/images/382459/1_61_bk320.jpg
Old news/pointless thread.
Not pointless. Or old, i've never heard about it.
Well its old, 1 or 2 months old. but it´s not really pointless.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6355|West NY

LT.Victim wrote:

Probably taste like shit too..
Lieutenant!
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6149|Estonia
I lol'd
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

kylef wrote:

Sure there are quality ingredients.  The white truffles, ham, and pink rock salt are treats, for sure.  But the fact that the hamburger is made of Wagyu beef just goes to show how stupid some people are.  Wagyu (Kobe) beef is succulent because of the marbelized fat in the meat.  When you ground it up to make hamburgers, you lose the marble effect of the fat, which is what makes the meat so tender and flavorful.  Using Wagyu beef is just a ploy by Burger King to make you pay more for something that isn't worth it.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

kylef wrote:

Sure there are quality ingredients.  The white truffles, ham, and pink rock salt are treats, for sure.  But the fact that the hamburger is made of Wagyu beef just goes to show how stupid some people are.  Wagyu (Kobe) beef is succulent because of the marbelized fat in the meat.  When you ground it up to make hamburgers, you lose the marble effect of the fat, which is what makes the meat so tender and flavorful.  Using Wagyu beef is just a ploy by Burger King to make you pay more for something that isn't worth it.
...pink salt?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Pinksalt.jpg

I've eaten food presented on top of a slab before.  You kind of just rub each bite against the tablet to get the salt taste.  Ridiculously expensive compared to regular salt.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-06-21 11:37:26)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC
I don't get it. From wiki: "Pink Salt is naturally rich in mineral content, and is sold in some countries as a luxury food product."

Does it taste any different from, erm, normal salt or sea salt?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

HurricaИe wrote:

I don't get it. From wiki: "Pink Salt is naturally rich in mineral content, and is sold in some countries as a luxury food product."

Does it taste any different from, erm, normal salt or sea salt?
A little bit.  A trained palate can probably tell the difference, but I don't eat high-class ingredients all the time, so I couldn't tell much.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6686|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

HurricaИe wrote:

kylef wrote:

I bet the $8 burger at this restaurant near my home would be well above satisfactory for any person. Why not buy that, then spend the remaining $192 on charity?

I really don't get the deal with fancy expensive shit. It can usually taste amazing, but not always. For instance last night I went to this semi-fancy restaurant, and I ordered some scallops. They were good, but for the price I expected way more food. And what's with the dress codes?! It doesn't matter if I'm in a tuxedo or in shorts and a t-shirt... it's not like I'm suddenly gonna run out of the place without paying.
thats why i go to bars to eat! cheap and the inbreds know me there so they giz me beer if there manager aint workin
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Tushers wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

kylef wrote:

thats why i go to bars to eat! cheap and the inbreds know me there so they giz me beer if there manager aint workin
Dude you're like 16.  I bet you still wet the bed, and probably ask for milk in a dirty glass if you go to a bar.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Tushers wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Dude you're like 16.  I bet you still wet the bed, and probably ask for milk in a dirty glass if you go to a bar.
lmao

I mean, 'fancy food' is tasty and all. And service at higher end restaurants is usually very good. I just don't like the high society associated with it. Yeah, I wear jeans, so the fuck what? I'm still gonna pay the same amount you do.

Honestly, I have like one 'dressy' outfit. I use it for the occasional outing to a dressy restaurant or to something requiring dressy clothing. School dances especially annoy me... protip: it's a fucking high school dance, not the Military Academy Ball... prom's the only dance you should wear something formal to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard