GoodfellaSnoop
+1|6797|DeLand, FL
I have enough knife kills, but I can't seem to be able to get NEAR 18 kills in a round with a knife. I tried Karkand, and that was as close as I could get. I tried Sharqi, because everybody says that is the level to knife. I did not get one knife kill there, so Sharqi can suck my t'aint.

Any ideas?
GoodfellaSnoop
+1|6797|DeLand, FL
I guess not.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6849|government yard in trenchtown.

GoodfellaSnoop wrote:

I guess not.
Perhaps because of the fact that there are thousands of these kind of topics already, and everybody's thinking about the 1.03 patch.
Faith +1
+1|6825|Arizona
When you get one, let me know.

I can only get about 10 knifes in a round and that was when I got my basic badge.... I died quite a bit when going for my veterans knife badge.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

I didn't -try- persay right off the bat.  In one game (karkand) I already killed 4 guys with the knife... so I thought "hey, why not, lets go for the full monty".  Lone behold 10 minutes later I had 7 knife kills; the last one RIGHT BEFORE THE GAME ENDED.  I was pumped after that; extremely intense gameplay once you realise you might have a chance to get the famed badge.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6833|United Knigdom
I got 19 knife killls in one round, which managed to get me the basic knife badge. I was so gutted when i found out i needed 100 kills before i joined the server, I only had 8 odd before hand.

Anyway, try Karkand which supports 64 players. Try to play the medium map size, and join a server with a small amount of people. The large amount of players which could join (50 to 64 odd) gives you more tickets meaning more time.

One other thing, keep the knife out. You will die a lot but when you come sprinting around a corner stabbing, people just freeze and don't know what to do
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

Hyper_Dude wrote:

One other thing, keep the knife out. You will die a lot but when you come sprinting around a corner stabbing, people just freeze and don't know what to do
It's called 30 round burst into your head.
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6795|PA, USA
Get into a Karkand server (preferably 32 since there's a lot less vehicle action) that has very few players in out, maybe around 10-15. I got into a server like this and got 19 knife kills in one round (but I didn't have the 100 global kill requirement then for the badge ). But that's not really a necessity, in a full 32 Karkand server with full-on action I still managed to score 17 knife kills (AND I WOULD'VE HAD MY 18TH AND EXPERT BADGE EXCEPT MY SQUADMATE SPAWNED ON ME AND SHOT THE GUY I WAS ABOUT TO KNIFE--MY TARGET WAS STANDING STILL TOO ). If you know that there's an enemy capping a spawn, run in and knife him before he knows what's going on. It's also good if you're on MEC and your team is doing a good job at keeping USMC back, you can knife your way through the alleys and even get up to the front USMC spawn and knife them as they spawn. Go sneaky. Take the side routes and come around behind those advancing. Unless you get blasted by someone behind you, you're bound to get a kill this way. Also, make sure you're a medic, then you can heal yourself if you took some hits and you'll have the long sprint (sprinting is essential).

Tips on the actual knifing:
-This is the one time I advocate bunny hopping. If you can get them to unload their rifle and pistol clips, then it's knife to knife and there's less chance of you getting 15 rounds in your torso.
-A great tactic is to jump and go prone. This propels you forward a good distance and makes you hard to hit. If you're close enough to the enemy when you see him and you do this you can slice him before he can even let 5 rounds off.
-If someone is prone, crouch above them to make sure you'll get them. No good to stand on top of them and miss to have the sound alert them.
-If someone is moving, it seems you have to slice from a tiny distance away to get the kill due to lag, don't go so close to them that you're touching them. If someone's stationary, you have to go up right next to them.

Hope these will help you.
2510MyCountryMyFlag
loving newcastle brown ale...
+0|6812|Newcastle
well i got my gold  on a knife and pistol server only but no one makes them servers any more.....*thinking back God i love them servers cam out with 100 points evey round lol
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6795|PA, USA

2510MyCountryMyFlag wrote:

well i got my gold  on a knife and pistol server only but no one makes them servers any more.....
That's because they're against EA's ranked server policy. You'd do well not to play on one if you see one.
Faith +1
+1|6825|Arizona

Strayfire wrote:

2510MyCountryMyFlag wrote:

well i got my gold  on a knife and pistol server only but no one makes them servers any more.....
That's because they're against EA's ranked server policy. You'd do well not to play on one if you see one.
I didnt realize that when they had them either.

But I do agree it was a ton of fun to play on.
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6855|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Check out my expert badges on pistol and knife on my sig...

EXACTLY!!!!
GoodfellaSnoop
+1|6797|DeLand, FL
Fear not, good fellows, as I have done it! 32 player server on Karkand. There was a TKer/Point farmer (Seanthehero if you are reading this, EA) getting in the way, but I came through!
|NFG|Ranger
+0|6669
BEENG is the chick in your signature Ellen Pompeo?
FFOLKES
+39|6773

|NFG|Ranger wrote:

BEENG is the chick in your signature Ellen Pompeo?
no, it's not her.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6716|Antarctica
I got my expert knife on Night Flight, it was near the end but I managed to find enought n00bs who didn't know how to use night vision it seems
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6705|The Ville
I found that wake island is the ideal map for knife kills. I was messing around with the knife and then realized that I had over 13 knife kills with like 100 tickets left lol. Anyways that might have been pure luck but I got most of them while trying to take the beach flag. I didn't want to give my position away so I was a sneaky lil bastard. To bad I only wasn't even close to getting my vet knife yet but oh well.
ntberry1037
+0|6723
I can't even get my basic........geez. Seems like everytime stab someone and get all happy, they don't die and then they pick me off. Very aggrivating. I was all happy that I got 5, then the damn round ended. I'm about to give up.
dalfiuss
+1|6841
Easiest place to do it BY FAR is 64 player size warlord on a 16 player server.  You want the situation where 1 side of the palace is yours, and 1 is the enemies (or both could be enemies, its just faster if you are closer).

Since everything is so congested in there, just run around the spawn with knife out and stab anything you see.  I saw a guy get 20 knife kills before either side was down to 150 tickets.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6699
Practice, Knife comes natural to me first thing is dont feel weak or useless or you're gonna die holding the knife feel and tell you're self you're gonna stab some one.

Dont just run straight at people holding the knife thinking you're going to kill them they will just shoot you.

Take risks go crazy rush at people and knife them instead of being careful that takes way to long.

Best place is Karkand 64 players.

Best spot on Karkand is the Hotel that metal fenced in area with all the boxes where there are always terrorists roaming around thats a big gold mine of idiots waiting to be knifed. When you're going to kill some one or go at them never walk always run and always try to stab them from behind. Proned people are most helpless against melee attacks when you see some one proned run like hell and as soon as you get close prone then stab dont jump just prone and stab. When some ones back is turned stab them if theres alot of shooting and there shooting at enemies go up behind them and stab just look for perfect situations and then go for it.

I got mine on Karkand and something was screwed up i got more then 19 knife kills and i never got it i ended up killing over 30 people with the knife then i got my badge.

Also use Sniper Class because you have a long running distance and the terrorist and usmc sniper class looks the same so most of the time when you're close the enemy will hesitate before shooting you.

Practice.
morbesso666
+0|6774|Givataim, Israel
Go to a 64 players server with few players without timelimit so game lasts for ever.
EDIT: That's what I'm going to do now for the Expert Knife Badge...
Thanks for the tips, Berserk_Vampire

Last edited by morbesso666 (2006-02-03 07:21:44)

ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6846|Deutschland/Germany
Ever heard of the search button?
If you had clicked on it before starting a new thread you would have found 99999999 threads with tips for expert knife. 1 of them even contains a link to an unedited battlerecorder file of me getting 34 knife kills IAR which would have helped you.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6673|USA

GoodfellaSnoop wrote:

I guess not.
Goodfella.....there is a goodfella server right? I remember a bad experience on there. 

And the White Sox win the world series paying out a fraction of what the Yanks pay. Go Sox. Just FYI.
xaven
+25|6744|Berlin
-32 slot server (or less)
-good team mate as a medic
-take ATs and those sitting in a ground defense
-go ways they dont expect
-be patient
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6818
2 words.

Ghost Town.